Crystal skull & hope diamond

gary_danial

2 minutes ago, Slypnis said:

I found them at the Path of Sheriruth in Mementos around area 11-13, use a treasure trap and keep going around til you find them.

Are they really rare? Do I need to go in rainy day? I had tried walking around those path, but I only find Orlov.

Just now, gary_danial said:

The last palace. Does they appeared in those diamond appearance or from the reinforcements?

I found Hope Diamond from those diamond appearances so I'd assume you can also find Crystal Skull as well, however it's all on chance whether you encounter them. I kept running into the level 35 one until I encountered Hope Diamond, and luckily I encountered Crystal Skull from reinforcements. I beat the last palace before I went to mementos to find them.

3 minutes ago, Slypnis said:

I found Hope Diamond from those diamond appearances so I'd assume you can also find Crystal Skull as well, however it's all on chance whether you encounter them. I kept running into the level 35 one until I encountered Hope Diamond, and luckily I encountered Crystal Skull from reinforcements. I beat the last palace before I went to mementos to find them.

Just curious, which of the treasure demons do you find common in those paths (Path of Sheriruth 11-13). Do you encounter Orlov as well? Or Hope Diamond is the common one? And also what difficulty did you play?

Just now, gary_danial said:

Just curious, which of the treasure demons do you find common in those paths (Path of Sheriruth 11-13). Do you encounter Orlov as well? Or Hope Diamond is the common one? And also what difficulty did you play?

Was playing on normal, I encountered Emperor's Talisman, I only encountered Orlov on the lower areas of the Path of Sheriruth, Hope Diamond wasn't as common. 

2 minutes ago, Slypnis said:

Was playing on normal, I encountered Emperor's Talisman, I only encountered Orlov on the lower areas of the Path of Sheriruth, Hope Diamond wasn't as common. 

I see, maybe difficulty has something to do with it? I was playing on safe difficulty and only encountered Orlov so far, no Emperor's Talisman too..

20 hours ago, gary_danial said:

I see, maybe difficulty has something to do with it? I was playing on safe difficulty and only encountered Orlov so far, no Emperor's Talisman too..

I've been playing on Safe and I encountered Crystal Skull on the 13th floor of Path of Sheriruth, so difficulty isn't going to stop you from that encounter. I'm trying to get Hope's Diamond now, I don't have a Treasure Trap and it's the last day that I can be in Mementos so I can't make one. I'll update if I find something

4 minutes ago, daveydeathwish said:

I've been playing on Safe and I encountered Crystal Skull on the 13th floor of Path of Sheriruth, so difficulty isn't going to stop you from that encounter. I'm trying to get Hope's Diamond now, I don't have a Treasure Trap and it's the last day that I can be in Mementos so I can't make one. I'll update if I find something

Keep going, I finally got it after @Slypnis advice, you need to beat last palace to make them spawn in mementos, otherwise it would be only Orlov that appeared. I found Crystal Skull on 13th floor, Hope Diamond on 12th floor. I did use the treasure trap to make them appeared more frequently and it did work like a charm, for anyone wondering, I went to mementos in normal day (not in rainy day or bad weather). Both Hope Diamond & Crystal Skull that I found came in those jewel form and not from reinforcements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gary_danial said:

Keep going, I finally got it after @Slypnis advice, you need to beat last palace to make them spawn in mementos, otherwise it would be only Orlov that appeared. I found Crystal Skull on 13th floor, Hope Diamond on 12th floor. I did use the treasure trap to make them appeared more frequently and it did work like a charm, for anyone wondering, I went to mementos in normal day (not in rainy day or bad weather). Both Hope Diamond & Crystal Skull that I found came in those jewel form and not from reinforcements.

Just to expand on it I found a second Crystal Skull on Floor 12, and an Emperor's Amulet on Floor 11, so for anyone looking for those higher level treasure demons the last few floors of Path of Sheriruth seem to be the best way to do it. Treasure Traps will help but aren't required - I've found 3 so far without using one

Congrats on finding these.

If anyone else has problems.

Here's what I did to make them spawn quite quickly (using Treasure Trap which everyone should have provided they go for the crafting trophy =D)

Story spoiler, though.

Spoiler

On 12/24, you will enter Mementos Palace. Since, on contrary to actual Mementos, it's a Palace, you can raise the security level. So, get discovered, ambushed and so on, to raise the security level over 50% and keep fighting. There is a high chance that after you defeat Shadows there will be reinforcement which will be either Hope Diamond or Crystal Skull. Put them down with your Gun Special and they are yours.

It's really easy to find them in Mementos as ppl said above. I just had to quickly explore 2-3x 11-13 floors in Path of Sheriruth after the last palace and after a few minutes I got them all. Even without the trap.

Got the platinum already, so good luck to you all!

Edited by Lowlliet

• 9 months later...
On 4/13/2017 at 6:44 AM, gary_danial said:

When you say "beat last palace", do you mean just steal the treasure, or wait until the change of heart?

Edited by McOenG
Clarity

• 5 weeks later...

There is a very easy method to get quickly Crystal Skull & Hope Diamond: in mementos:

1. Go to 13th level of Path of Sheriruth

2. Use Treasure Trap

3. Search the floor but DON'T KILL every monster (leave at least one alive)

4. If you don't find Treasure Demon, go 1 level higher/lower (with L1) and go back to 13th level to search it again

5. Once you find a Demon and it is not the one you want (for example Emperor's Amulet), escape from the battle.

6. Start fighting with any "ordinary" enemy (that's why you need to keep them alive) and escape again.

7. Go back to the place you found Treasure Demon and it will be there again. This time, however, other demon can spawn. 

8. Repeat steps 5-7 until you get all the demons.

The above method took me less than 10 minutes to get Hope Diamond.

Edited by ginko765
  • Like 1