This game is so boring

ObsiEez

I want to get the platinum for this game so bad since I'm only missing 7 trophies but it's all the grindy ones & shit. Ranked has been glitchy as hell since yesterday for me & I find myself spending more time looking for a lobby than actually playing the game. This is probably one of my least favorite multiplayer games I've ever played, not for the reason the game is bad, but for the reason it has no one playing it even though it's currently free & just came out. Either no one is playing this game like, at fucking all, or they have the worst match making I've ever seen in a game. To sum it up, getting the challenges fucking suck due to lack of being able to boost combined with the fact no one is playing the damn game/the matchmaking sucks ass. I'm so demotivated to platinum it because of the dumbest reason. Anyone else feel this way?

• Like 3

I'll be honest, I took one look at the game and thought that it looked like a really poor imitation of Overwatch (in terms of having unique character abilities) smashed together with arena-shooter deathmatch modes (my least favourite mode in MP shooters - give me objectives to play to any day). 

I downloaded it but I doubt I'll ever boot it up. And I know a number of my PSN buddies feel the same way from talking to them in Party, and because I haven't seen a single person on my friends list playing the game. 

Boring, the matchmaking is horrible, the game ouzes edginess* and it's literally nauseating to me, I can only play 20 to 30 minutes, more than that I start to feel dizzy and ill to my stomach, a first to me in gaming (I had similar effects watching that Beetlejuice toon)

*I know it's satire, but saying it's satire to justify making a "edgy teenager sketchbook" straight it's not a good excuse to me.

• Like 1

Like literally I want to platinum the game since I'm close as hell to it, but it's just so fucking bad, & I hate leaving games half finished (even though my profile is covered in them I plan to go back to them at some pint) can't go back for Drawn to Death because by the time I'll get back to it it will be even more dead

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

Like literally I want to platinum the game since I'm close as hell to it, but it's just so fucking bad, & I hate leaving games half finished (even though my profile is covered in them I plan to go back to them at some pint) can't go back for Drawn to Death because by the time I'll get back to it it will be even more dead

If its that bad I would just leave it. Also I think you should have waited until you found out that the game is very grindy. Anyway good luck.

I mean the trophies aren't difficult per say. It's just boring & grindy. I don't mind grindy trophies if the game is enjoyable such as Kingdom Hearts 2 & Birth by Sleep aswell as Ni no Kuni. The game was fun for like 1-2 hours & the gameplay isn't bad which is why I feel like I still want to platinum it. The only thing I think is making this game bad is the amount of bugs & glitches combined with the fact no one's playing so all your time is spent on the searching for players screen. This game could have been so much more but it's such a huge disappointment. So many good names involved with the game so it's even more disappointing that it's bad. 

14 hours ago, Potter13579 said:

I seriously don't get how people could hate on this game. I actually think it's better than a lot of modern multiplayer shooters out there these days.

Well it's not that the game is bad. The gameplay itself is actually pretty fun. It's just there's little to no variety, you spend most of your time trying to find a lobby instead of actually playing the game. The weapons for the most part are not really well balanced there's clearly better guns & guns that everyone will run, for example the Russian Jackhammer & the JRPG I see 90% of the people playing the game using. It's fun, just extremely repetitive & takes forever to find a lobby. Combine those two things & it's a recipe for a fun game to become boring pretty quick 

6 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Well it's not that the game is bad. The gameplay itself is actually pretty fun. It's just there's little to no variety, you spend most of your time trying to find a lobby instead of actually playing the game. The weapons for the most part are not really well balanced there's clearly better guns & guns that everyone will run, for example the Russian Jackhammer & the JRPG I see 90% of the people playing the game using. It's fun, just extremely repetitive & takes forever to find a lobby. Combine those two things & it's a recipe for a fun game to become boring pretty quick 

Plenty of people say the wait times for matchmaking are horrible, but personally I've never had that issue, but I can understand the balancing issues from time to time.

4 minutes ago, Potter13579 said:

Plenty of people say the wait times for matchmaking are horrible, but personally I've never had that issue, but I can understand the balancing issues from time to time.

It might be the strict match making searches. Like most games if you live in EU it will search EU servers & if you live in NA it will search NA servers. It might be that it's even more strict than that & might be searching for lobbies in your country & maybe you just live in a high traffic country. No idea what it is but for me, the average wait time is about 4-10 minutes, I'm lucky if it's any faster than that

• 4 weeks later...

I had no problems with this game aside from matchmaking times, but that was very few and far between, me and a buddy grinded the hell out of it and both platinumed it. If you don't like then leave it, if you enjoy it then giver. You're looking at 40 hours plus minimum to platinum. A game is only worth the enjoyment you get out of it. 

Edited by MACDUFF72
Missed a comma and I hate not being all punctual and stuff
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 18/05/2017 at 10:48 AM, MACDUFF72 said:

I had no problems with this game aside from matchmaking times, but that was very few and far between, me and a buddy grinded the hell out of it and both platinumed it. If you don't like then leave it, if you enjoy it then giver. You're looking at 40 hours plus minimum to platinum. A game is only worth the enjoyment you get out of it. 

I really enjoyed this game and had a whole lotta fun with it! :)

I did the exact same as you did, grinded out all the riddles and challenges with a good pal and soon got there.

Of course we had the joy of doing it back when the unranked matches were still going ;) I'd hate to be doing that shit now haha

• 3 weeks later...