Fucking Online Pt. 2

ChristIllusion12

Unless if 194 people can help me boost this in 6 hours then I'm f**ked!

I started a new thread because there's chance more people would see it but if you've played Rayman Legends, be honest

Diamond Cup - Did you earn it legit or wait for the glitched Murfy Challenge? 

In the previous thread posted by me, I asked what was the probability of these glitched challenges because getting a diamond seems practically impossible when it's the same people on the leader board who have done nothing but play the game since it come out. I'm not bitching about anyone because one of the top players also commented on the thread. However, he said it's not impossible, it's based on what kind of player you want to be as some will just give up and not want to work for it and others will just inevitably wait for the glitched challenge. 

Well this week, the weekly challenge was the never ending pit 'as far as you go' and I worked and worked and worked my ass off on it to the point where I was getting ill from it. Reciting every pattern, learning from every mistake, playing for up to 5 hours a day. Last night (12/4/17) I made it to rank 9 which qualified me for a diamond with a distance of 2319KM... I was so happy that the hard work was paying off after all the hours I put into it and walkthrough videos I watched. Today, however, I got pushed back to rank 10... I said it's no big deal if over 1000 people play then I can still qualify, except now I'm in rank 12 because of the same regulars who snipe me at the last minute who just want to practice their skills.

I don't believe they're doing it to troll trophy hunters but here's me saying, Look I've tried and I'm just not good enough.

This is 95% me kicking my toys out the pram as I'm 56 points away from the final level, I was hoping after tonight I'd have enough points for the awesome trophy as well as the champion trophy and then the platinum but I'm left playing this game for longer now. This game is not fun anymore and I'm done with it. Really tried to go for it but now I see it's impossible and will have to cheat it like everybody else. I feel sorry for anybody who has the same problem with me as this is a game that's going to get harder over time when less and less people play on it :/ 

I'm with RedRodriguez on this one. I don't care what anyone says, I don't believe that everybody is capable of a diamond cup with enough practise. Some people may be, but others are never going to get one while these regulars continue to play and overtake in the final few hours. 

I'm in that boat - not ever going to be good enough, no matter how hard I try. The best I finished was 8th in a daily "As quick as possible" to 250m in Neverending Pit. By the time I went to bed I'd been bumped to 6th which would have been a diamond, and by the time I woke up I was down to 8th from which I couldn't do any better in the last few hours of the challenge. So I missed out. And I haven't bothered to try again since, because I know the same thing will happen and it won't be good enough. So I do sympathise - I've seen your PSN ID on the leaderboards and can see you've really given it a huge effort these last few weeks.

I've got about 300 points remaining I think until level 11, so I hope a glitched challenge comes up soon. However I'm starting to doubt we might ever see one again, given what happened the last time one came up, and how long it's been since then...

6 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

I'm with RedRodriguez on this one. I don't care what anyone says, I don't believe that everybody is capable of a diamond cup with enough practise. Some people may be, but others are never going to get one while these regulars continue to play and overtake in the final few hours. 

I'm in that boat - not ever going to be good enough, no matter how hard I try. The best I finished was 8th in a daily "As quick as possible" to 250m in Neverending Pit. By the time I went to bed I'd been bumped to 6th which would have been a diamond, and by the time I woke up I was down to 8th from which I couldn't do any better in the last few hours of the challenge. So I missed out. And I haven't bothered to try again since, because I know the same thing will happen and it won't be good enough. So I do sympathise - I've seen your PSN ID on the leaderboards and can see you've really given it a huge effort these last few weeks.

I've got about 300 points remaining I think until level 11, so I hope a glitched challenge comes up soon. However I'm starting to doubt we might ever see one again, given what happened the last time one came up, and how long it's been since then...

I've seen your PSN ID on the leaderboards too if it helps, saw you in the top 10 for one of the challenges (can't remember which one) I thought you were a regular to be honest, had no idea you're in the same boat as me as well. After today's daily challenge (providing I get gold in both of them) I will get the Aweso Me trophy but I'm really hoping a glitched challenge comes up after that for the Champion trophy. I wasn't around when the servers went down on the last attempt, I got the game for Christmas but I don't think that was Ubisoft shafting the players out of a diamond cup, I think that's the least of their worries for a big company like Ubisoft so i'm optimistic a glitched challenge will come up again. Arkiokin predicts it won't be for another 3-4 months so we can only just keep checking the game and forums everyday to see if one comes up. 

I might just have a noddle on the odd Murfy or Neverending Pit challenge if one comes up but I've lost the desire to try for the diamond legit now after that. I would have put pictures up of my ranking but it won't let me upload photos for some reason. But if a glitched challenge comes up, I'll post it on the forums (if no one else does) or message you and RedRodriguez :) 

Edited by ChristIllusion12

20 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

Well this week, the weekly challenge was the never ending pit 'as far as you go' and I worked and worked and worked my ass off on it to the point where I was getting ill from it. Reciting every pattern, learning from every mistake, playing for up to 5 hours a day. Last night (12/4/17) I made it to rank 9 which qualified me for a diamond with a distance of 2319KM... I was so happy that the hard work was paying off after all the hours I put into it and walkthrough videos I watched. Today, however, I got pushed back to rank 10... I said it's no big deal if over 1000 people play then I can still qualify, except now I'm in rank 12 because of the same regulars who snipe me at the last minute who just want to practice their skills.

I don't believe they're doing it to troll trophy hunters but here's me saying, Look I've tried and I'm just not good enough.

This is 95% me kicking my toys out the pram as I'm 56 points away from the final level, I was hoping after tonight I'd have enough points for the awesome trophy as well as the champion trophy and then the platinum but I'm left playing this game for longer now. This game is not fun anymore and I'm done with it. Really tried to go for it but now I see it's impossible and will have to cheat it like everybody else. I feel sorry for anybody who has the same problem with me as this is a game that's going to get harder over time when less and less people play on it :/ 

I'm sorry for you, sincerely, but you have to know 2 or 3 points to be less disappointed on this type of challenge :

Fisrt : in fact "the same regulars who snipe at the last minute and who just want to practice their skills" don't exist on a neverending pit challenge distance : this challenge is the easiest one to go the furthest  but it is also, for most of players, the most boring. So, most of the time on a weekly challenge, players just wait to see which MINIMUM distance is needed to gain a diamond cup, and so they play/spend the Minimum time possible for that (in general, one quarter of an hour around 5000 m is necessary and it's very easy to reach it without spending much time) : their aim is only the points of a diamond cup on this challenge. in fact, I am, almost each time, the only one who search really to keep his skills alive (I don't record if I could'nt have enough time to go over 20 km) and I always play weekly challenges in order to go, at least at 40km (with the aim, to go again over 100 km at the right challenge at the right moment when I would have enough time to play 5-6 hours without any pause) I failed this time with a stupid error, but my aim was much more than that on this challenge. So I don't do any calculations on what distance could give me a diamond or not, but it's not the case of others.

Second : no matter how much players play this challenge, no matter if all players are each time different, it's almost impossible to gain a diamond cup on a weekly pit challenge if you don't reach at least 3000 to 4000 m (I personally gained my first diamond cup on this type of challenge with a rank of 15 on 15 diamonds with a distance of 3090m...). The low diamond gained on this challenge in 2016 were only at 2800-2900m (never the same players more than that)

Considering the phase 1 is ending at 1950m on a normal pit challenge, a lot of players are able to go at this point pretty easily (but I must admit this time the phase 1 was not the easiest one), and as the phase 2 (the difficult phase) begin just after that, make only 300 to 400 m on this phase is to poor to gain a diamond (and this is true on any console, except probably on a PS4 with more than 100 diamonds a challenge). The only exception would have be if you have succeeded, at this 2350m point, the most difficult path you can encounter on a pit, but this (relative) difficult path was first encounter on the low 3000m on this challenge and not before that...

Third : don't be too naive : some regular players who are always on the Top 10 (and even Top 5) of a pit distance challenge, had not yet played before the last day, so you could suspect these 3 or 4 players had to play and beat you before the end of the challenge. Be on the last spots for diamonds when best players of any challenge had not yet played lead necessarily to the gold spot (for example I'm very often on this position on a Dojo 60s challenge, but I clearly know I will not have a diamond in final when better players than my had not yet played, and perhaps I will only have one if these players have already played and I'm always on a diamond spot) so, you may only hope a diamond when you know all the "regular" players have played.(sometimes old players could make also a come-back and take a spot too, like danielthegamer here, who had not played a pit distance since 2015 on Psvita...)

4th : with this challenge, you gained some skills on this type of challenge and the next time you will probably be better than that. As for me, When I first reached 2500 on this challenge, I made 3 or 4 other challenges whith the same distance, then 6 or 7 with 4000 to 5000m (and these distances not necessarily gave me a diamond cup, even with 8 or 9 diamonds daily), when finally a 7700m, and this was the real inflection point where I could have reach much more long distance after that.

In the past, I helped a friend who was like you and he practiced hours reaching the same distance you reached here (and even less than that, until 2000 or 2100m only), but 5 or 6 same challenges after that he reached directly 3000m on a weekly challenge, then 3500m (on the same challenge), then he finished the challenge at 4900m and gained his first diamond cup easily ! Search your inflection point between you think it's hard to go to 2200m and the point you understand this distance is too easy in fact ;) 

The problem for you is that you began to play a lot/seriously a bit too late I suppose. If you have did that when you had 5000 pts, like a lot of players do, when you are next to the 6000 pts spot, you would have do 3300m instead of 2300m and you would have gained a diamond

5th : I don't know if you have already seen my gameplay video of a 12km run, but here it is if this could help you if you want to, or, yes, wait for a next murfy, it is not dishonorable I think :

Neverending pit 12km

Edited by Arkiokin

The online was awful. But there were some days I had fun with it, and other days I just didn't. Took me 3 months to get enough points from online, then I played the SP after hahaha. It was an odd way to do it, but least I had something to come back to after I did enough online, so I didn't quit after a certain point. 

1 hour ago, Arkiokin said:

I'm sorry for you, sincerely, but you have to know 2 or 3 points to be less disappointed on this type of challenge :

Fisrt : in fact "the same regulars who snipe at the last minute and who just want to practice their skills" don't exist on a neverending pit challenge distance : this challenge is the easiest one to go the furthest  but it is also, for most of players, the most boring. So, most of the time on a weekly challenge, players just wait to see which MINIMUM distance is needed to gain a diamond cup, and so they play/spend the Minimum time possible for that (in general, one quarter of an hour around 5000 m is necessary and it's very easy to reach it without spending much time) : their aim is only the points of a diamond cup on this challenge. in fact, I am, almost each time, the only one who search really to keep his skills alive (I don't record if I could'nt have enough time to go over 20 km) and I always play weekly challenges in order to go, at least at 40km (with the aim, to go again over 100 km at the right challenge at the right moment when I would have enough time to play 5-6 hours without any pause) I failed this time with a stupid error, but my aim was much more than that on this challenge. So I don't do any calculations on what distance could give me a diamond or not, but it's not the case of others.

Second : no matter how much players play this challenge, no matter if all players are each time different, it's almost impossible to gain a diamond cup on a weekly pit challenge if you don't reach at least 3000 to 4000 m (I personally gained my first diamond cup on this type of challenge with a rank of 15 on 15 diamonds with a distance of 3090m...). The low diamond gained on this challenge in 2016 were only at 2800-2900m (never the same players more than that)

Considering the phase 1 is ending at 1950m on a normal pit challenge, a lot of players are able to go at this point pretty easily (but I must admit this time the phase 1 was not the easiest one), and as the phase 2 (the difficult phase) begin just after that, make only 300 to 400 m on this phase is to poor to gain a diamond (and this is true on any console, except probably on a PS4 with more than 100 diamonds a challenge). The only exception would have be if you have succeeded, at this 2350m point, the most difficult path you can encounter on a pit, but this (relative) difficult path was first encounter on the low 3000m on this challenge and not before that...

Third : don't be too naive : some regular players who are always on the Top 10 (and even Top 5) of a pit distance challenge, had not yet played before the last day, so you could suspect these 3 or 4 players had to play and beat you before the end of the challenge. Be on the last spots for diamonds when best players of any challenge had not yet played lead necessarily to the gold spot (for example I'm very often on this position on a Dojo 60s challenge, but I clearly know I will not have a diamond in final when better players than my had not yet played, and perhaps I will only have one if these players have already played and I'm always on a diamond spot) so, you may only hope a diamond when you know all the "regular" players have played.(sometimes old players could make also a come-back and take a spot too, like danielthegamer here, who had not played a pit distance since 2015 on Psvita...)

4th : with this challenge, you gained some skills on this type of challenge and the next time you will probably be better than that. As for me, When I first reached 2500 on this challenge, I made 3 or 4 other challenges whith the same distance, then 6 or 7 with 4000 to 5000m (and these distances not necessarily gave me a diamond cup, even with 8 or 9 diamonds daily), when finally a 7700m, and this was the real inflection point where I could have reach much more long distance after that.

In the past, I helped a friend who was like you and he practiced hours reaching the same distance you reached here (and even less than that, until 2000 or 2100m only), but 5 or 6 same challenges after that he reached directly 3000m on a weekly challenge, then 3500m (on the same challenge), then he finished the challenge at 4900m and gained his first diamond cup easily ! Search your inflection point between you think it's hard to go to 2200m and the point you understand this distance is too easy in fact ;) 

The problem for you is that you began to play a lot/seriously a bit too late I suppose. If you have did that when you had 5000 pts, like a lot of players do, when you are next to the 6000 pts spot, you would have do 3300m instead of 2300m and you would have gained a diamond

5th : I don't know if you have already seen my gameplay video of a 12km run, but here it is if this could help you if you want to, or, yes, wait for a next murfy, it is not dishonorable I think :

Neverending pit 12km

Hey man, I've pretty much done a lot of what you have suggested to me already. In the past, there would be a weekly challenge, a murfy challenge for example and I'd play it on the last day just to get the gold but looking back, I would say 'if I really tried at this, I could have gotten a diamond on that' so after looking at the leaderboards on the weekly challenge, I decided on the saturday to dedicate a few days in trying to get the diamond before the challenge ended on the wednesday.

They are the easiest and most boring I agree in some aspects, I think it's because you can take your time so you can plan the obstacle when you see it whereas the other challenges you're running and if you take too long then the flame following you will catch up and get you. 

Since Saturday, I said to myself if I could achieve 100m more each day then I'm getting better. My record was always 1800m and then I reached the 1950m and once I got past that I tied with another guy at the 2160m stage with the 2 rotating 4 way spikes, after I beat him it started getting too fast for me so the rest was a bit of a blur with the gushing winds and in terms of what to do (can you tell me where this is in your video if you've done it? so I can improve) but my record at the end was 2316m which I don't know if you saw, put me in rank 9 and then later rank 12. I did watch your video on how to beat the 2160m mark so thanks :)  

But I've noticed the requirements for diamond have always been up and down depending on who's playing, Danielthegamer threw me by surprise as well to be honest as I'd expected you to be in number 1... well I always have expected you to be number one, it was marcelchi and the general who threw me off guard. Like I said, I'll only do the distance challenges now just to noodle one... I did the weekly extreme Murfy challenge with 1400m on my 2nd go but I'm not going for diamond on that one because that would be pointless and 1400m on the extreme neverending pit daily challenge on my 1st go and that was only because I hit the bounce pad which threw me into the vines after the gushing z shaped wind. 

I had practised it, I could get to 1000m in 3 minutes through speeding occassionally maybe fucking up on the ending of the sideways vine swinging from 1300-1800m by clipping the sides as I dropped down the opening but then I'd take a break and catch my breath and give it another go. I might try it again in the future as I don't want to be dishonourable in having to wait a year for a stupid glitch to cheat and get a diamond that way, it would be more satisfying to get it legit but at this point I suppose it's whichever one comes first :/ 

I only got like 2-3 diamond cups for the PS3 version (no glitched ones). The rest was mostly gold. On PS3 you even had challenges that were heavily favoring people who had local co op help. :( It will just take a couple of months. But I get it, you need a diamond, and as everyone says, just wait for a glitched one or try to find some serious shortcuts for speedrun or something. One of my diamonds was for dropping down really fast, I found some strange glitchy and hard to pull off shortcut.

Edited by MMDE

10 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

I've seen your PSN ID on the leaderboards too if it helps, saw you in the top 10 for one of the challenges (can't remember which one) I thought you were a regular to be honest, had no idea you're in the same boat as me as well. After today's daily challenge (providing I get gold in both of them) I will get the Aweso Me trophy but I'm really hoping a glitched challenge comes up after that for the Champion trophy. I wasn't around when the servers went down on the last attempt, I got the game for Christmas but I don't think that was Ubisoft shafting the players out of a diamond cup, I think that's the least of their worries for a big company like Ubisoft so i'm optimistic a glitched challenge will come up again. Arkiokin predicts it won't be for another 3-4 months so we can only just keep checking the game and forums everyday to see if one comes up. 

I might just have a noddle on the odd Murfy or Neverending Pit challenge if one comes up but I've lost the desire to try for the diamond legit now after that. I would have put pictures up of my ranking but it won't let me upload photos for some reason. But if a glitched challenge comes up, I'll post it on the forums (if no one else does) or message you and RedRodriguez :) 

Haha you probably see me in the top 10 because I am generally always one of the first to play the new challenges each day. It ticks over mid-morning where I am so most days I can do them pretty much straight away. Believe me though, I do not finish where I begin! On the odd occassion I get a gold, but most days I get silver in the daily and either a bronze or silver in the extreme daily. I don't try very hard any more though - just do a "good enough" job that only takes 5-10mins of my time. I learnt I'd rather have to do these over a longer period of days rather than spend an hour every day to go for golds. So I'm very much in the same boat as you in that diamond really seems impossible without a glitched Murfy ☹️

If one does come up I'd appreciate a message in case I somehow miss it, thanks. I'll be making sure to check daily once I'm done with level 11 anyway, but between the 3 of us hopefully no one will miss it ?

46 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Is getting a Diamond Cup necessary for me to plat this game or is it just a personal goal for you?

Required for the plat. 

12 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

Thx Christ. I too will do the same if I see one before y'all do.

On 13/04/2017 at 6:24 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

Hey man, I've pretty much done a lot of what you have suggested to me already. In the past, there would be a weekly challenge, a murfy challenge for example and I'd play it on the last day just to get the gold but looking back, I would say 'if I really tried at this, I could have gotten a diamond on that' so after looking at the leaderboards on the weekly challenge, I decided on the saturday to dedicate a few days in trying to get the diamond before the challenge ended on the wednesday.

They are the easiest and most boring I agree in some aspects, I think it's because you can take your time so you can plan the obstacle when you see it whereas the other challenges you're running and if you take too long then the flame following you will catch up and get you. 

Hi,

Yes, I'm pretty sure if you had seriously practiced the weekly murfy challenge, the diamond cup would have be in your pocket (since I told you, you just had to go to the 3300m point, without needing to succeed it but in fact the last diamonds were even before that... at 2650m, an easy distance to reach without any uncommon difficult paths, and this is why 2 other players gained their first diamond on this challenge...) In the same way, and just for informations, the current extreme weekly murfy is one of the easiest since ages, since there are absolutely no difficult path before...4350m and a first beta path (another at 5500, then 6150 then the first alpha at 7350m : look where the others players died and you should understand why ;) ) there will be 7 diamond cups and the last will be before 4000m for sure. (contrary to a distance pit challenge, there are never snipers who play at the end, all better scores are here, and, for example, TheGeneral will never have a diamond on this type of challenge at these distances)

For pits it's mainly boring, because it needs to spend a lot of time to reach long distances, without real diffculties before 33.6 km (to make 20km it needs one hour, so 30km need 1h30, 40km 2 hours etc...) when you know how to succeed each path (so I listen music or watch TV with one eye when I play this challenge) : with a high level, you play unconsciously, it's just a matter of time to reach the distance you want to reach then you commit suicid (nevertheless, only few players have reached this level of mastership on pits, and on vita I'm probably the only one with this level who have not yet stopped to play this type of challenge, even if good other active players can reach 10km+, they almost never reach 20km+ and never 30km+

On 13/04/2017 at 6:24 PM, ChristIllusion12 said:

Since Saturday, I said to myself if I could achieve 100m more each day then I'm getting better. My record was always 1800m and then I reached the 1950m and once I got past that I tied with another guy at the 2160m stage with the 2 rotating 4 way spikes, after I beat him it started getting too fast for me so the rest was a bit of a blur with the gushing winds and in terms of what to do (can you tell me where this is in your video if you've done it? so I can improve) but my record at the end was 2316m which I don't know if you saw, put me in rank 9 and then later rank 12. I did watch your video on how to beat the 2160m mark so thanks :)  

But I've noticed the requirements for diamond have always been up and down depending on who's playing, Danielthegamer threw me by surprise as well to be honest as I'd expected you to be in number 1... well I always have expected you to be number one, it was marcelchi and the general who threw me off guard. Like I said, I'll only do the distance challenges now just to noodle one... I did the weekly extreme Murfy challenge with 1400m on my 2nd go but I'm not going for diamond on that one because that would be pointless and 1400m on the extreme neverending pit daily challenge on my 1st go and that was only because I hit the bounce pad which threw me into the vines after the gushing z shaped wind. 

I had practised it, I could get to 1000m in 3 minutes through speeding occassionally maybe fucking up on the ending of the sideways vine swinging from 1300-1800m by clipping the sides as I dropped down the opening but then I'd take a break and catch my breath and give it another go. I might try it again in the future as I don't want to be dishonourable in having to wait a year for a stupid glitch to cheat and get a diamond that way, it would be more satisfying to get it legit but at this point I suppose it's whichever one comes first :/ 

I think all the configurations paths are in my video, I don't know exactly what you are talking about, but if you want an advice on what to do the next time, ask me and I would tell you where it is on the vid ^^ However, I saw you reached the hardest path on the last pit (where you died) : a great point for you. But you have to know, on pit, there are "false" spike vines, with a "false" hit box, so, on some paths, even if you think you touch (and die) a spiky vine, you will just go through it and not die (and this path have this feature if you move in a straight angle) but I honestly think you have now a pretty good level on this type of challenge, an enough level to be each time on the TOP 10 of the challenge, and when you are, almost always, on a top 10 of a challenge, well you necessarily will gain a diamond on this type of challenge one day or another, and probably with a rate of success more than 90% for the next weekly challenge (especially if you can increase your distance record near the 4000m point). 

For the moment, when the weekly murfy challenge will be over, 2 murfy's daily challenges will appear (or a weekly one), perhaps a glitched challenges ? even if the term of "glitched" challenge is not the good word, since the only real glitched challenges are those when you are stopped exactly at 4095m, the others are just challenges with an impossible configuration, and all players don't exactly die at the same point (you have to make several tries to reach the max distance, without understanding exactly why you gain a few cm or not) but, and once again on 175 murfy's challenges I played, only 4 were "easy glitched" challenges, a rate of less than 3% of these challenges : you have to keep your eyes open when it comes ;)

Good luck and keep on playing time to time ^^

Edited by Arkiokin

@Arkiokin Hey dude thanks for getting back to me. I think it's an impossible challenge for me to try and reach 4000m on a murfy challenge in 2 days considering my record for this weeks challenge is 1400m (over a stupid mistake). I had another go at it but kept failing over really stupid points throughout the run so I gave up. In all honesty, whilst I'm relying on the glitched murfy challenge for the diamond, I think my strong point is the neverending pit if I want to get the diamond legit. 

I did listen to music whilst doing the pit challenges, and after watching your video, two things I liked which I noticed you did is

1) you used the D pad during the wind parts to slow yourself down all the way through. When I came to these parts, I just released and tapped down X to drop myself down which looking back, is where I went wrong half the time... especially when rushing through my run to get to the point where I died in the first place. 

2) When you swing side ways across the blue men with the trailing vines, at the end you hold down x and guide yourself into the opening. Whereas I held down X and steered myself slightly in the opposite direction and dropped down the opening. Again, another point where I went wrong half the time through rushing it. 

And thanks, if I get stuck, I'll consider asking you :) I have noticed little discrepancies with the vines and spikes like you say, for me, I haven't played the game long enough to know where they are but I have noticed them considerably during the last weekly challenge. I did a neverending pit daily challenge just shortly after the weekly challenge, this time I reached 2200m over an obstacle which I've never done before where a vine will move across the screen and you have to drop down the opening before it closes up. It was in your video somewhere I know that much ;)

I do check Rayman every day and keep my eyes open on here, I have Rayman Origins as well and said I can't start it until I finish Legends first.

Again, thanks and I'm sure you'll see my name in the top 10 on the pit challenges. ^_^ 

A few weeks ago I got the platinum of 1000 players, practicing for many hours in a row.

In the challenge of the pit, make the journey in the shortest possible time, I got to be among the 1000 with several ID (usagi, cgv and shakka).

When I got the trophy and platinum, I was relieved of this horrible online.

lol! thank god I'm not the only person here who have posted a huge wall of text ranting about how stupid this online trophy is.

a few years back when I got the platinum for Rayman Legends ( ps3 ) i posted on the "most recent Platinum" about my new platinum in the shape of a rant, I was so pissed about this specific trophy and went all out texting my story with this platinum.

I don't remember getting a single Dimond cup online during my journey to Plat Rayman Legends, if you're only winning golds or a mixture of gold and silver daily and weekly, this truly awesome! bull**** trophy will gonna takes you exactly 3 months to unlock. when I heard about this before playing the game it sounded so easy and the 3 month felt really short, until I tried it myself..... 3  monthes of torture felt like a year and a half to me some times my place for gold went back to silver or from silver to bronze due to other players are beating my score, and speaking of bronze you really don't wanna win nothing but bronze, bronze cups worth only 1 point and the truly awesome level required 6.000 point! you do the math...

Rayman Legends is a really good game game play wise, but in terms of trophies it's one of the worst and least enjoyable platinum I ever attempted.

3 hours ago, Usagi-Tsukino-91 said:

A few weeks ago I got the platinum of 1000 players, practicing for many hours in a row.

In the challenge of the pit, make the journey in the shortest possible time, I got to be among the 1000 with several ID (usagi, cgv and shakka).

When I got the trophy and platinum, I was relieved of this horrible online.

I saw dude, congrats :) unfortunately I practiced for many hours and still yet to get the diamond, the game is good but trophy list for the vita version at least is bull**** :/ 

2 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

lol! thank god I'm not the only person here who have posted a huge wall of text ranting about how stupid this online trophy is.

a few years back when I got the platinum for Rayman Legends ( ps3 ) i posted on the "most recent Platinum" about my new platinum in the shape of a rant, I was so pissed about this specific trophy and went all out texting my story with this platinum.

I don't remember getting a single Dimond cup online during my journey to Plat Rayman Legends, if you're only winning golds or a mixture of gold and silver daily and weekly, this truly awesome! bull**** trophy will gonna takes you exactly 3 months to unlock. when I heard about this before playing the game it sounded so easy and the 3 month felt really short, until I tried it myself..... 3  monthes of torture felt like a year and a half to me some times my place for gold went back to silver or from silver to bronze due to other players are beating my score, and speaking of bronze you really don't wanna win nothing but bronze, bronze cups worth only 1 point and the truly awesome level required 6.000 point! you do the math...

Rayman Legends is a really good game game play wise, but in terms of trophies it's one of the worst and least enjoyable platinum I ever attempted.

I did the daily challenges every day since January after getting the game for Christmas. The 'as far as you go' challenges were a breeze, I could easily get gold in 2-3 tries at it but getting gold in the 'get there quickly' or 'as many as you can' challenges were a pain, I hated those challenges. If it was a challenge I liked or were good at, then I could easily get gold in about 20 minutes... but otherwise I put around an hour a day into it. 

If I was working days, I'd do Rayman first thing in the evening and if I was working nights, then I'd do it first thing in the morning before I went to bed so I could be more efficient with my time in unlocking the Aweso-Me trophy quicker, which I did last week. It's just the Champion trophy now that's stopping me from getting the platinum. I got the Vita port of Rayman because I was told it was the best port, but it's probably the hardest without a doubt compared to the PS3/PS4 versions.

8 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

I did the daily challenges every day since January after getting the game for Christmas. The 'as far as you go' challenges were a breeze, I could easily get gold in 2-3 tries at it but getting gold in the 'get there quickly' or 'as many as you can' challenges were a pain, I hated those challenges. If it was a challenge I liked or were good at, then I could easily get gold in about 20 minutes... but otherwise I put around an hour a day into it. 

If I was working days, I'd do Rayman first thing in the evening and if I was working nights, then I'd do it first thing in the morning before I went to bed so I could be more efficient with my time in unlocking the Aweso-Me trophy quicker, which I did last week. It's just the Champion trophy now that's stopping me from getting the platinum. I got the Vita port of Rayman because I was told it was the best port, but it's probably the hardest without a doubt compared to the PS3/PS4 versions.

murfy's dungeon is my most hatred challenge in the game while the Dojo to be my most favorite, the Vita port is a lot harder than the ps3 / ps4 versions yes, but the good thing about the vita port is that it sometimes will receive a boost event or something like that where you'll get challenges that easily netting you golds or Dimond cups or every player will receive a free points during this event.

I heard the ps3 version also got this free points event or something but since the day I first played this game until now I never ran or saw an event like this at all... at least on the copy i'm playing on which is the digital version that I bought from the EU Playstation Store.

On 18/04/2017 at 5:27 AM, ChristIllusion12 said:

@Arkiokin 

1) you used the D pad during the wind parts to slow yourself down all the way through. When I came to these parts, I just released and tapped down X to drop myself down which looking back, is where I went wrong half the time... especially when rushing through my run to get to the point where I died in the first place. 

2) When you swing side ways across the blue men with the trailing vines, at the end you hold down x and guide yourself into the opening. Whereas I held down X and steered myself slightly in the opposite direction and dropped down the opening. Again, another point where I went wrong half the time through rushing it. 

And thanks, if I get stuck, I'll consider asking you :) I have noticed little discrepancies with the vines and spikes like you say, for me, I haven't played the game long enough to know where they are but I have noticed them considerably during the last weekly challenge. I did a neverending pit daily challenge just shortly after the weekly challenge, this time I reached 2200m over an obstacle which I've never done before where a vine will move across the screen and you have to drop down the opening before it closes up. It was in your video somewhere I know that much ;)

I do check Rayman every day and keep my eyes open on here, I have Rayman Origins as well and said I can't start it until I finish Legends first.

Again, thanks and I'm sure you'll see my name in the top 10 on the pit challenges. ^_^ 

Hello,

For your 2) point, it's interesting to notice that the vita version of distance pits is easier compare to other versions of the game : between each blue hand you can do a big jump with x, and you will never touch the spikes, but elsewhere (on PS4 or WiiU or PS3 etc...) if you do that, it only works on a few blue hand paths only. Otherwise, you will die at 100% by directly touching a spiky vine. this is why I had few difficulties on this path when I played this challenge on other versions of the game and I had to change my technic to use an universal one that works all-over (so now, even if it's not necessary on vita, I do a small jump then floating until the next blue-hand, rather than a big jump ;) ) 

Just for information, you have also to know challenges have not exactly the same behaviour depending on the system you play (so this is the case for pits, between vita version and the others, but this is also the case for lands, where the vita version is much more difficult and pretty different than all the others. If you play on PS4, there are only minor differences than if you play on PS3 (but there are differences, and PS3 version is more complicated than PS4 or WiiU version, and vita version is more complicated than PS3 version for example) this is why, I had to found, for each challenge, universal technics that work all over (tower distance are the only distance challenges where the difficulty of the paths is the same, and the difficulty comes only with the difference of game controller specificities) It's also funny to know that, concerning murfy's distance challenges, 4 versions of this challenge exist, with 4 TOTALLY different gameplay and difficulties, and for the touch screen versions, the vita one is much more interesting than the WiiU one, which is a real pain and a truly fail of programmation from progammers (it's almost impossible to reach distances like only 3000m)

Well now, let's move on to serious matters : today, for the daily normal pit challenge, I played a little only to give you informations on this challenge : There are 4 blue-hand phases and 2 wind phases before the phase 2 (it begins from 1150m to 1800m). But, exactly at 1900m (so, just at the beginning of phase 2) you will encounter the same path you died at 2200m last time. This path is probably the more difficult path to succeed if you don't correctly anticipate it (but now you know it is at 1900m you can anticipate it :D ) and this a path where you can pass through, even if the 2 vines already closed the road and you think it's impossible to cross this barrier(so if you had not correctly anticipate it). Because, it is one of these paths where you can touch the vine without dying, but only if you touch the end of the vine if you are in front of it and not if you are just above. So, it is necessary to follow the barrier horizontally and then fall across the hole, and not fall vertically just above the small hole between the 2 vines. (but, once again, if you anticipate it correctly : you will not have to use this technic for this problem)

After that, this difficulty come back at 2800m, 3700m and 3950m. Another big path with high level of difficulties is the small path with dozen of fire-eyes at 3100m, look my vid to be familiar with it. So, exactly 5 big difficulties before 4000m.

Saturday is the day where the most players play rayman challenges, so with this normal challenge 4 to 6 diamonds could be granted. I think if you manage to succeed at least 3 of these 5 big difficult paths you should be in the TOP5. I will play this challenge at the evening, but if I see you are near to a diamond spot, I will not play this challenge ! (I have time to spend on the dojo max lums, so this pit is not my priority and I can give you a spot for your diamond goal). Of course, if you are far of these spots 2 hours before the end, I will come to my usually 20km+ travel

P.S : if you ask me why I know all the places of difficult paths, whereas I should not play this challenge, this is why I PLAYED the first 4000m to give you these informations, but of course, I left the level without saving my progress.

15 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Hello,

For your 2) point, it's interesting to notice that the vita version of distance pits is easier compare to other versions of the game : between each blue hand you can do a big jump with x, and you will never touch the spikes, but elsewhere (on PS4 or WiiU or PS3 etc...) if you do that, it only works on a few blue hand paths only. Otherwise, you will die at 100% by directly touching a spiky vine. this is why I had few difficulties on this path when I played this challenge on other versions of the game and I had to change my technic to use an universal one that works all-over (so now, even if it's not necessary on vita, I do a small jump then floating until the next blue-hand, rather than a big jump ;) ) 

Just for information, you have also to know challenges have not exactly the same behaviour depending on the system you play (so this is the case for pits, between vita version and the others, but this is also the case for lands, where the vita version is much more difficult and pretty different than all the others. If you play on PS4, there are only minor differences than if you play on PS3 (but there are differences, and PS3 version is more complicated than PS4 or WiiU version, and vita version is more complicated than PS3 version for example) this is why, I had to found, for each challenge, universal technics that work all over (tower distance are the only distance challenges where the difficulty of the paths is the same, and the difficulty comes only with the difference of game controller specificities) It's also funny to know that, concerning murfy's distance challenges, 4 versions of this challenge exist, with 4 TOTALLY different gameplay and difficulties, and for the touch screen versions, the vita one is much more interesting than the WiiU one, which is a real pain and a truly fail of programmation from progammers (it's almost impossible to reach distances like only 3000m)

Well now, let's move on to serious matters : today, for the daily normal pit challenge, I played a little only to give you informations on this challenge : There are 4 blue-hand phases and 2 wind phases before the phase 2 (it begins from 1150m to 1800m). But, exactly at 1900m (so, just at the beginning of phase 2) you will encounter the same path you died at 2200m last time. This path is probably the more difficult path to succeed if you don't correctly anticipate it (but now you know it is at 1900m you can anticipate it :D ) and this a path where you can pass through, even if the 2 vines already closed the road and you think it's impossible to cross this barrier(so if you had not correctly anticipate it). Because, it is one of these paths where you can touch the vine without dying, but only if you touch the end of the vine if you are in front of it and not if you are just above. So, it is necessary to follow the barrier horizontally and then fall across the hole, and not fall vertically just above the small hole between the 2 vines. (but, once again, if you anticipate it correctly : you will not have to use this technic for this problem)

After that, this difficulty come back at 2800m, 3700m and 3950m. Another big path with high level of difficulties is the small path with dozen of fire-eyes at 3100m, look my vid to be familiar with it. So, exactly 5 big difficulties before 4000m.

Saturday is the day where the most players play rayman challenges, so with this normal challenge 4 to 6 diamonds could be granted. I think if you manage to succeed at least 3 of these 5 big difficult paths you should be in the TOP5. I will play this challenge at the evening, but if I see you are near to a diamond spot, I will not play this challenge ! (I have time to spend on the dojo max lums, so this pit is not my priority and I can give you a spot for your diamond goal). Of course, if you are far of these spots 2 hours before the end, I will come to my usually 20km+ travel

P.S : if you ask me why I know all the places of difficult paths, whereas I should not play this challenge, this is why I PLAYED the first 4000m to give you these informations, but of course, I left the level without saving my progress.

Hey man, thanks for letting me know. I'm working days this week so I've only had chance to put half an hour into it but I reached 2100m with the little time I had. However, I'm in 7 out of 337 with 6 hours left so I'm not optimistic that 5/6 diamond cups will be won so I'm more than happy for you to play the game and do your usual 20km streak :)

I did anticipate the vines at the 1900m mark, the first time I was too slow so I tried your advice but I died, I don't think I did it right... but the second time, I was fast enough to drop down the opening and reaching the 2100m goal. But if you could, if you see me near a diamond spot on this kind of challenge again in the future then don't play the challenge like you say... otherwise wipe the floor with me hahaha :D 

But thanks for being kind enough to give me a heads up on what to look out for :) 

8 hours ago, ChristIllusion12 said:

Hey man, thanks for letting me know. I'm working days this week so I've only had chance to put half an hour into it but I reached 2100m with the little time I had. However, I'm in 7 out of 337 with 6 hours left so I'm not optimistic that 5/6 diamond cups will be won so I'm more than happy for you to play the game and do your usual 20km streak :)

I did anticipate the vines at the 1900m mark, the first time I was too slow so I tried your advice but I died, I don't think I did it right... but the second time, I was fast enough to drop down the opening and reaching the 2100m goal. But if you could, if you see me near a diamond spot on this kind of challenge again in the future then don't play the challenge like you say... otherwise wipe the floor with me hahaha :D 

But thanks for being kind enough to give me a heads up on what to look out for :) 

You're welcome^^. I began to play my 22km run at the very last moment (1h15 before the end of the challenge). And the result is here : the last diamond is at 3150m (notice it's the exact distance I predict it would be !! ;) ) and the 5th made 2650m. So, if you had simply reached 2700m (so ONLY before the 2nd big difficulty at 2800m, the same than the one at 1900m, and with absolutely no need to succeed it this time) -knowing that between 2100 to 2700m, there was simple and basic paths- then I would have not played because you would be ranked 4. With that you would have gained this diamond (this is why I have waited until the last moment before to play). Never say again diamonds cups are impossible or hard to gain : it isn't always the case and it's just a pity you hadn't enough time to play this challenge a few more : it was clearly a big chance yesterday. this challenge was for you even with only 4 diamond cups^^ no need 6 or 7, nor even 5 diamonds ironically.

As for me, I could not always play at the last moment this type of challenge, and it depends if I work at the morning or at the afternoon (and it's also very risky to play at the last moment : I have only one possible try, and even if it's pretty unlikely I die not voluntarily before 33km, servers disconnections or "c2-12828-1 error" happen time to time at any distance and I can't play again if it happens). If I only can play at the beginning of the challenge, well, I will not wait for your score sorry and I will, probably never again, help you as the same manner I did here. But, very soon, I will reach a major goal on this challenge, that will probably make me (finally) to stop to play it ( : succeed 100 distance pits challenges, consecutively, at more than 15km+). So when this point will be reached, the only challenges I'll play will be those where I know I would have enough time to make a big try to beat my personal record (so a 100km+ try), so probably almost never again ^^''

@Arkiokin To be honest, even if I did have the time, I'm not sure if I could achieve the diamond anyway as my record to date is 2300m, I'm not sure if I'm confident enough to make it to the 'next' level yet being the 2300-3000m mark but I always practise this challenge whenever one is available. I work 12 hour days, I do 4 days 6am-6pm - then 4 days off - then 4 nights 6pm-6am... so I have to plan my time around that. Usually on days, I will put an hour in at the evening... on nights it will be first thing in the morning when I get home... the only chance I can put some real dedication is on my days off when I have more time (hence my rank 12 status on the weekly challenge a couple weeks ago) 

Now I've played the game for some time, I agree it's not impossible or hard to gain to a certain degree, like I can play these challenges and get into the top 10 now but I'm not quite at the step where I can get into the top 5 (that's my next goal) 

I was expecting your reaction to not help me again to be fair - not in a bad way, but I know you love this game and are constantly trying to better yourself with it :) besides trophies, do you set your own goals or have a book with all your daily scores written down or something? just curious :) I'm surprised you like the dodo challenges, I bloody hated them hahahaha :D