This is a Madhouse

RE7 Madhouse difficulty. It's a completely different game! My hands won't stop shaking and that's just running from Jack when I get the key to go under the floorboards. It's taken me 4 hours to get here I dunno if I'll be able to plat this game. I wasn't expecting it to be like this... never had my leg chopped off on any other run. I thought this would be so easy lol. What are your thoughts on madhouse difficulty?

• Like 2

The main focus is to take out jack as quickly as possible kill him and the mansion becomes like a scavenger game there will be enemies near the safe room and the basement but the main areas that jack covers there are a lot of items especially in madhouse, they changed where the enemies are but add little more items to, I'm currently on re7 as we speak, madhouse is challenging but it's beatable that is what I think.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, DeadStanley said:

It looks like you scored the plat, congrats! 

Yeah after I got over the initial shock of the extreme steepness in difficulty I started to get the hang of it. Thought I wouldn't get it because of them two guys right at the end when you are trying to climb the ladder. I was stuck there for ages ? but I knew that was the end so I was determined. I need to go back and finish off the DLC, just waiting for the next installment... congrats to you too!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just beat it last night, LOL.  It was tough, but the circular saw helps out a lot.  I had a lot of ammo and chem fluids left over and the cassette tapes, which I thought would be very few, was rampant.  I had ten left over.

• 11 months later...

Just had my most stupid moment in the game, probably stupidest moment of any game actually....

On my madhouse play through and got to the Jack fight in the boat yard place. Got to the final stage where you have to shoot his eye and I got killed. Restarted and same again. At this point I was fuming as I just couldn't get time to reload weapons. And throughout all these play throughs and I don't know why. I had it in my head that Jack had you dangling by the feet. Not sure if its because you go under water and then get pulled out, but thats what I thought. 

Third time though I blocked with the defence perks and labelled myself dumbarse of the week. Could not believe I was actually stood up in the water and able to block and reload. 

Did it and then took at break at the ship autosave. Trying to avoid mirrors in my house because right now I cannot look at my self. 

34 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Just had my most stupid moment in the game, probably stupidest moment of any game actually....

On my madhouse play through and got to the Jack fight in the boat yard place. Got to the final stage where you have to shoot his eye and I got killed. Restarted and same again. At this point I was fuming as I just couldn't get time to reload weapons. And throughout all these play throughs and I don't know why. I had it in my head that Jack had you dangling by the feet. Not sure if its because you go under water and then get pulled out, but thats what I thought. 

Third time though I blocked with the defence perks and labelled myself dumbarse of the week. Could not believe I was actually stood up in the water and able to block and reload. 

Did it and then took at break at the ship autosave. Trying to avoid mirrors in my house because right now I cannot look at my self. 

It's ok. We all had our derp moments. I remember once in Batman Arkham Asylum I couldn't get to a ledge to progress in the story. I must have spent an hour or two trying to jump/glide to the ledge. Then I realized I could have used the grapple zipline. Yeah, I couldn't look at myself for a while after that.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:33 PM, dakk55 said:

It's ok. We all had our derp moments. I remember once in Batman Arkham Asylum I couldn't get to a ledge to progress in the story. I must have spent an hour or two trying to jump/glide to the ledge. Then I realized I could have used the grapple zipline. Yeah, I couldn't look at myself for a while after that.

Hahaha! Yeah done that a few times. When your brain battles the obvious because you grew up with point & click games from the 90's and simple logic has been deleted from your gaming brain cells. 

90's point & click gaming - *Combines plant with razor to make fully working nuclear powered jetpack* 

Current day gaming - *A ledge... well clearly the dev is trying to destroy my soul and I must wander around in order to figu....... oh you can just walk into it and it lets you step over*

But back to Resi 7. 

If you think Madhouse is difficult, then please allow me to express how horrible it gets for Ethan Must Die and the even more so dreaded RNG game of 21........

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS GAME AS COMPLETIONISTS!!!!!!!!!??

Seriously guys. Madhouse can be tough in places but at least its fair. I was just on 21 Survival+ and even beat 9 players to reach the last opponent, only for him to drop a card I didn't even know existed in the game. So frustrated, gutted, angry, sad. I f**king despise how much the Japanese developers rely on RNG in their games man. GAH!

And as for Ethan Must Die. Well I was telling myself that even though the item crates are random, with enough skill and a touch of luck you should be able to do it. On my sixth attempt I made it to the billiards room where in the main game you get the dogs head from the book. One massive problem though, not a single crate gave me a gun of any kind. Now this wouldn't be a problem except to leave that room you need to blow up a trip wire in order to get out the door. If you don't then the bomb will kill you and if you were lucky enough to get a steroid, then the bomb will cause you to fall to the floor but then the machine gun trap kills you. So essentially if you get to that part without a gun of any sort (though don't super quote me on this) you cannot actually progress any further. 

And I despise when devs favour luck over gaming skill. Taking control away from the gamer deserves them to be lined up and kicked in the balls very hard. 

On 5/21/2019 at 9:38 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

Hahaha! Yeah done that a few times. When your brain battles the obvious because you grew up with point & click games from the 90's and simple logic has been deleted from your gaming brain cells. 

90's point & click gaming - *Combines plant with razor to make fully working nuclear powered jetpack* 

Current day gaming - *A ledge... well clearly the dev is trying to destroy my soul and I must wander around in order to figu....... oh you can just walk into it and it lets you step over*

But back to Resi 7. 

If you think Madhouse is difficult, then please allow me to express how horrible it gets for Ethan Must Die and the even more so dreaded RNG game of 21........

WE SHOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THIS GAME AS COMPLETIONISTS!!!!!!!!!1f62d.png1f62d.png

Seriously guys. Madhouse can be tough in places but at least its fair. I was just on 21 Survival+ and even beat 9 players to reach the last opponent, only for him to drop a card I didn't even know existed in the game. So frustrated, gutted, angry, sad. I f**king despise how much the Japanese developers rely on RNG in their games man. GAH!

And as for Ethan Must Die. Well I was telling myself that even though the item crates are random, with enough skill and a touch of luck you should be able to do it. On my sixth attempt I made it to the billiards room where in the main game you get the dogs head from the book. One massive problem though, not a single crate gave me a gun of any kind. Now this wouldn't be a problem except to leave that room you need to blow up a trip wire in order to get out the door. If you don't then the bomb will kill you and if you were lucky enough to get a steroid, then the bomb will cause you to fall to the floor but then the machine gun trap kills you. So essentially if you get to that part without a gun of any sort (though don't super quote me on this) you cannot actually progress any further. 

And I despise when devs favour luck over gaming skill. Taking control away from the gamer deserves them to be lined up and kicked in the balls very hard. 

My dude, wait until Joe Must Die...... I just finished all the DLC to this game, and by far, Joe Must Die was the worst part. It's absolutely stupid. I need to take a break before my Madhouse playthrough after that....... Not so much RNG as much as its just stupid bullet sponges (but with punches instead of bullets).... Ugh I almost broke a controller during the entirety of that DLC.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:42 PM, ScubaSam01 said:

My dude, wait until Joe Must Die...... I just finished all the DLC to this game, and by far, Joe Must Die was the worst part. It's absolutely stupid. I need to take a break before my Madhouse playthrough after that....... Not so much RNG as much as its just stupid bullet sponges (but with punches instead of bullets).... Ugh I almost broke a controller during the entirety of that DLC.

Yeah I am now on that. Even watched a vid to get some tactics. I fought the first enemy and it took ages. Got to the chest to get the glove and thought at least I can now zoom through it. Nope. Turns out you don't get the good glove until the end. 

Trophy wise all I have left is Ethan Must Die and the remaining End of Zoe trophies. 

On 5/28/2019 at 0:47 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

Yeah I am now on that. Even watched a vid to get some tactics. I fought the first enemy and it took ages. Got to the chest to get the glove and thought at least I can now zoom through it. Nope. Turns out you don't get the good glove until the end. 

Trophy wise all I have left is Ethan Must Die and the remaining End of Zoe trophies. 

I wish you luck... That was the worst part of the the 100% BY FAR

On 5/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, ScubaSam01 said:

I wish you luck... That was the worst part of the the 100% BY FAR

I unlocked it yesterday and did the melee run straight away. 

If I'm honest the toughest part of Joe Must Die is the second Jack fight. Aside from that its fairly simple. I think they went way overkill on the HP that the enemy can take but yeah, I only died a couple of times and got it done quickly. 

Now I'm back on Ethan Must Die. 

Just got the furthers I have ever been and with such great loot too. 

I had a scroll of defence. 10 magnum rounds and the gun. 10 advanced ammo and 7 bullets plus a pistol and some health stuff. Oh and the burner. It was the first time I ever got out of the house and got to the fat boy. Shot the 2 bombs near it and then when it stood back up I shot the 3rd... which did no damage to the fat boy. So then I get swarmed, lose loads of ammo and then the 4 legs kill me. This mode is ridiculous for me. 16 attempts now.