Should I go for the Platinum & Is it even still obtainable?

CubeLaugh

1. Is it still obtainable I've not really been following this game much as I don't when they will take down the servers or if they already have.

2. I've been wondering this for a long time and should I go for the platinum I have heard a lot of war scars that people have had because of this game and I am no person to back down from a challenge the rarity is quite high which does bring out the fear in me. i'm just wondering if people who have got the platinum could share some advice/Guidance for a person who has never really played this game

• Like 1

the servers for far cry 2 are a joke. even if you can find people to play/boost with, even if you organize everything properly, you'll have to invest A LOT of hours in the game and that's not counting server issues. honestly, if you haven't touched it yet, don't bother with it. the grind is terrible 

I would recommend it if you want to give it a go and don't mind all to much about completion rate, It's not hard impossible but as others have mention the servers are a bit lacking and you will have to do things that are not the most pleasant to do in such situations. I played it a lot on PC back then and it is actually quite fun, one of the better ones in the series (Don't know if that say a lot lol at Ubisoft games) but yeah, Give it a shot if you are not too bothered. :)

9 minutes ago, Bubblyfishes said:

the servers for far cry 2 are a joke. even if you can find people to play/boost with, even if you organize everything properly, you'll have to invest A LOT of hours in the game and that's not counting server issues. honestly, if you haven't touched it yet, don't bother with it. the grind is terrible 

I have heard that this game has one of the worst grinds imaginable which does put me off from it a lot but I think you're right with the preparing and organising it would drive me mental,  specially with getting a full lobby in for a trophy and then all of the sudden one person can't connect it all goes downhill from there  

It's definitely still obtainable. And it's a nice plat to have so i'd go for it. I self boosted most of mine so it wasn't as long but still very tedious. Also the servers are terrible and very unstable so be careful of that. I haven't started the single player yet so can't comment on that. 

As someone who has the platinum let me tell you something: It's rough. It took me over 5 years to get it. :P

Now, perhaps I'm not the best example because while I do love trophies and getting games to 100%, I've never been one for grinding and I tend to just take my time with games and avoid trophies on my first playthrough. With Far Cry 2's grinding,  I would usually play it for an hour or so every couple of weeks, with a few longer sessions here and there. It wasn't until I had most of the manuals done that I powered through it to the end. 

My advice is to find two or three dedicated people, have a good playlist going and try to avoid burning yourself out with it because it's very monotonous. 

Also, a brief outline for the fastest method of boosting would be the following:

Map: Dirty Work - killer on red team - killer stays behind the ''roadblock'' on the yellow spawn. Yellow team spawns in little house.. 60 kills each round.

If you've any questions don't hesitate to ask, bud; I'd be glad to help share my experience with you. 

Best of luck! 

It's very obtainable. But have fun with War party (16p). Then, you need to achieve 650 multikills and 500 revives (requires 3p), and finally 8,000+ kills (2p).

The whole MP can take ~30 hours if you have a second Ps3 and boost intelligently; my partner and I were able to get up to 110 kills per match.

I can't speak for the SP portion yet.

Edited by Thropy_Hore

• 4 weeks later...

It is the worst grind I've ever put myself through. To me, the single player was just as bad at the online. Easy difficulty felt like hardcore, lack of fast travel locations, guns jamming and breaking, etc. And I don't even want to start in on the mp.. Servers are pretty broken, there is a max exp cap so if you go over that, you lose that extra exp, you can also randomly get de-ranked, etc. It took me roughly 84 hours over the course of a month to finish just the online. You definitely need a couple of people and some serious dedication if you want to platinum this. It's a huge pain but it's definitely rewarding once you finish. In all honesty, it's up to you if you want to tackle it. I usually tell people to steer clear of this one, as I've played the whole series but again, it's up to you. If you do decide to do it, I wish you all the luck!

Your online experience will suck. Personally, I have a second PS3 so my brother & I can play together. I self boosted everything I could, took a hell of a long time, I can only imagine boosting the entire thing with a group and how terrible that would be..

If you get the multiplayer done, the single player is nothing. All it is is, run through the map and collect everything and then do the story missions, it's by no means short, but I found it very enjoyable. I'd say probably in my top 5-10 favorite platinums, ignoring multiplayer trophies of course

On 2017-5-7 at 0:34 AM, xMissFantasy said:

It is the worst grind I've ever put myself through. To me, the single player was just as bad at the online. Easy difficulty felt like hardcore, lack of fast travel locations, guns jamming and breaking, etc. And I don't even want to start in on the mp.. Servers are pretty broken, there is a max exp cap so if you go over that, you lose that extra exp, you can also randomly get de-ranked, etc. It took me roughly 84 hours over the course of a month to finish just the online. You definitely need a couple of people and some serious dedication if you want to platinum this. It's a huge pain but it's definitely rewarding once you finish. In all honesty, it's up to you if you want to tackle it. I usually tell people to steer clear of this one, as I've played the whole series but again, it's up to you. If you do decide to do it, I wish you all the luck!

After reading this I think I might give it a go but I just know im gonna end up in an Psychiatric hospital but I have done Max Payne 3 NYMHC on my old account that took more Skill than Dedication but still i'm determined to do it before they eventually shut down the servers

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, MilanYildirim said:

Instead of investing 35 hours for shitty games like AC Syndicate , Unity etc invest your 100 hours into this shitty game at least you'll have a 0.50% platinum. 

Meh. Rarity smarity. If I didn't really like Far Cry, I doubt I'd even be attempting it. Why play this over 4-5(trophy guide says it's 125-150+ hours) other games? Could be a lot more, too, depending on length. Really does seem like a waste.. Why did I start this again? :/ And Unity was a better game than Black Flag; I stand by that statement. :P

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

And Unity was a better game than Black Flag; I stand by that statement. :P

Amen brother!

I won't be going for FC2 plat. I am a magnet for glitched trophies (i.e. The Crew) and if this game is faulty, it will surely happen to me. And MP trophies are the bane of my gaming existence.

Congrats to all who took on the FC2 task and succeeded!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Meh. Rarity smarity. If I didn't really like Far Cry, I doubt I'd even be attempting it. Why play this over 4-5(trophy guide says it's 125-150+ hours) other games? Could be a lot more, too, depending on length. Really does seem like a waste.. Why did I start this again? :/ And Unity was a better game than Black Flag; I stand by that statement. :P

I don't care about rarity as well it's  society man :P
Unity is a better game Black Flag?
shame meme ile ilgili görsel sonucu

• Like 1