Quink666

Help out a poor noob plz =)

8 posts in this topic

So i just started this game and know very little of it still. 

Is getting S rank really really really hard? Im currently getting B's and C's but then i dont know all mechanics or how to deal with enemies the best way yet. Only know that Zandatsu is the way to go.

Is the FOX Blade worth it or do enemies die to fast? Or is there a better weapon for revengance S ranks.

What should i spend my BP on early in the game?

It's tough but doable with some dedication. 

Don't even sorry about S ranks until you are attempting  your revengeance run. I never used the Fox blade, just used the Muramasa (red sword) once I unlocked it.

Once you feel comfortable with the controls do a few (6 I think)of the VR missions to unlock the red armor. I don't think you need to get gold ranks but they aren't too bad on the first levels anyway. I found the actual fighting levels much harder than the Stealth, Zandatsu, or race levels. The red armor makes you take and deal extra damage. Enemies dying with fewer hits is helpful for several reasons. 

I can't remember how you do it, but unlocking wig B is imperative as well. It gives you infinite ripper mode basically which means higher combos and more damage. 

One thing I didn't realize until late in the game I'd you don't actually have to time your parries. You can spam towards the enemies with the stick and the button repeatedly, and Raiden will almost always succeed on a parry. I kept trying to be perfect and I'd be just a touch early or late and get smacked in the face. 

On a first run just take health and Stamina upgrades, and boost whatever weapon you like the most. The ability to dodge attacks is a must, other than that just take whatever abilities seem the most useful or fun. 

Edited by Hemiak

24 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

So i just started this game and know very little of it still. 

Is getting S rank really really really hard? Im currently getting B's and C's but then i dont know all mechanics or how to deal with enemies the best way yet. Only know that Zandatsu is the way to go.

Is the FOX Blade worth it or do enemies die to fast? Or is there a better weapon for revengance S ranks.

What should i spend my BP on early in the game?

Don't worry, it seems hard at first, but you'll get used to it. After becoming familiar with enemy attacks, parry mechanism, getting the Murasame blade and the wig for unlimited Ripper Mode, getting an S rank becomes very easy. I did it without any DLC. IIRC you get Murasame for completing the game and the wig for completing all challenges with a gold medal.

At first invest BP on sidestep (can't remember the exact name, but pressing 2 buttons simultaneously will allow you to dodge) and health upgrades. I wouldn't bother with upgrading weapons until you get the Murasame, unless you play on Hard.

6 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

The ability to dodge attacks is a must, other than that just take whatever abilities seem the most useful or fun. 

Is there any other way to dodge except for SQUARE & X and simply running away?

Nope, dodge or parry. If you hold R1 sometimes hell parkour over certain attacks but it'll take some experimentation to figure out which ones. 

So one last question i finally got Fox Blade to max upgrades but it seem impossible to get high score since i cant get combo up or zandatsu. The sword is simply to strong unless im missing something?

Cant zandatsu because everything dies in 1 hit except bosses.

I can't comment on the Fox Blade, I never had it but my only advice is to just follow the guide.

It all feels unachievable when you first start but if you follow the guide you'll soon be at 100% (depending on your skills and willingness to improve). You will be tested.

Don't worry about S Ranks at all until Revengeance.

On 14-4-2017 at 2:21 AM, Quink666 said:

So one last question i finally got Fox Blade to max upgrades but it seem impossible to get high score since i cant get combo up or zandatsu. The sword is simply to strong unless im missing something?

Cant zandatsu because everything dies in 1 hit except bosses.

For some battles you need to uphold a minimum combo so yeah, sometimes the fox blade is too strong :P Also, parries do insane damage on revengeance difficulty so be carefull when using those. I remember parrying Sam on his first attack and insta-killing him, getting only a C-rank lol. 

I think getting top score on all VR-missions is harder

Edited by Yami