Looking for challenging Platinum

bruin-rocks

I'm a big fan of hunting those ultra rare platinum trophies, and I was wondering if the PSNP community could help me in finding a new ultra rare platinum trophy to tackle. So far I have 10, they include:

Dyad, Lumo, Overwatch, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Banner Saga, The Escapists, LBP1 and 3, and Tropico 5 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I'm a big fan of hunting those ultra rare platinum trophies, and I was wondering if the PSNP community could help me in finding a new ultra rare platinum trophy to tackle. So far I have 10, they include:

Dyad, Lumo, Overwatch, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Banner Saga, The Escapists, LBP1 and 3, and Tropico 5 

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on vita ;) 

• Like 2

OlliOlli2 was very fun, Super Meat Boy was even more fun (but a lot harder). I don't often play hard games but I'd say avoid platinums that are ultra rare just because they're extremely frustrating (I Am Bread comes to mind). That's just my opinion tho.

6 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I actually only have two trophies left in this. But for some reason cannot get the SS rank on a couple levels. 

Hmm.. Are you utilizing the backup save method? I'd back mine up between every mission, so I could repeat ones till I got the grade I wanted. Then move on to the next. 

Edit: Shadow of the Colossus is another fun one to go for.

Edited by DamagingRob

Of games you already have, there are many you could play... certainly Super Meat Boy. SSX is an ultra rare platinum at just under 3%, the hardest trophy is for obtaining a gold medal run on every drop in one range of your choice. Chariot I would also recommend - it is very difficult to do solo, though I play with multiple controllers well so it became easier for me... but still not easy! LittleBigPlanet Karting and Wipeout HD you could try too. There are more if you're also interested in games without platinums. 

3 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Of games you already have, there are many you could play... certainly Super Meat Boy. SSX is an ultra rare platinum at just under 3%, the hardest trophy is for obtaining a gold medal run on every drop in one range of your choice. Chariot I would also recommend - it is very difficult to do solo, though I play with multiple controllers well so it became easier for me... but still not easy! LittleBigPlanet Karting and Wipeout HD you could try too. There are more if you're also interested in games without platinums. 

How do you play Chariot with two controllers? 

rogue legacy isn't that bad, it goes from hard to medium after figuring out how to online save on a good run. all comes down to getting great runs.

in about 15 lives or less (it does have a low completion percentage) though.

this is if use a ps3 or ps4. vita might have more challenge. 

Edited by kingdrake2

On April 12, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Midnightwards666 said:

Currently working on Chariot now. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2017 at 1:14 AM, angelgrievous said:

Is Metal Gear Solid 4 a tough one?  I think it is but not sure, haven't gone for it yet..

The Boss Extreme run is really the only fairly tough part about MGS4 - having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty with no alerts, no kills, no deaths/continues, no special items used (bandana and Stealth camo), no recovery items used, no non-lethal ammo available for purchase in the shop, and all in under 5 hours.  Having said that, I finished it in less than 3 hours, so it's definitely doable.

I'd say MGS2 is harder.  Extreme difficulty in that game is no joke, and some of the VR sniping missions are a nightmare.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 6:49 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I mean,there are tons of them out there. Is there a particular genre you're looking for?