Looking for challenging Platinum

bruin-rocks

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I mean,there are tons of them out there. Is there a particular genre you're looking for? 

I'm open to almost any game, except racing games or the classic fighting games like Street Fighter. However that being said I am looking forward to the new Wipeout collection that will be teleasing. 

The 2 Ultra rare platinums I have in my collection are the Doom BFG, very challenging for old school and modern gamers, as well as the Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z trophy which is borderline insanity but a proud accomplishment for a hardened masochist! The trophy for beating the sidescrolling version is brutal but so fun with so many references to old school games

44 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

I'm open to almost any game, except racing games or the classic fighting games like Street Fighter. However that being said I am looking forward to the new Wipeout collection that will be teleasing. 

There are a lot of good JRPGs with UR plats. If you've never played Dark Cloud 2, I highly recommend it. 

11 hours ago, StewartBros said:

The Boss Extreme run is really the only fairly tough part about MGS4 - having to beat the game on the hardest difficulty with no alerts, no kills, no deaths/continues, no special items used (bandana and Stealth camo), no recovery items used, no non-lethal ammo available for purchase in the shop, and all in under 5 hours.  Having said that, I finished it in less than 3 hours, so it's definitely doable.

I'd say MGS2 is harder.  Extreme difficulty in that game is no joke, and some of the VR sniping missions are a nightmare.

Yeah, no kidding.  I'm currently stuck on the Harrier fight and I'm pretty sure that's the "easiest" of the hard fights.  It's rage inducing.  

On 12/4/2017 at 9:14 PM, angelgrievous said:

Is Metal Gear Solid 4 a tough one?  I think it is but not sure, haven't gone for it yet..

It's not as hard as time-consuming. You just leave the Big Boss run for the last and you'll have enough experience to breeze through it ;)

On 12/4/2017 at 9:24 PM, bruin-rocks said:

How do you play Chariot with two controllers? 

I was about to suggest Chariot :) Great game BTW.

In my case one controller was rubber-banded and my chin was my anchor method. Basically holding the left stick down whenever needed :P All the same, beating the hidden level without gadgets is the only one where you'll struggle a bit with both controllers. The rest is single-playerable xD

17 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

I was about to suggest Chariot :) Great game BTW.

In my case one controller was rubber-banded and my chin was my anchor method. Basically holding the left stick down whenever needed :P All the same, beating the hidden level without gadgets is the only one where you'll struggle a bit with both controllers. The rest is single-playerable xD

I actually managed to convince my sister to help me play the game co-op! Hopefully with two real people playing the game wont be so tough

6 hours ago, madbuk said:

WipEout HD, Mirror's Edge, WipEout 2048, Sonic Unleashed, Velocity 2X, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are a lot of fun, and they're all fairly challenging, but very fair as well.

Velocity 2X looks really interesting I platted the first Velocity game so I should nab the second! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought your profile would be choc full of plats but you've only completed an eight of your collection. Doesn't sound much like a hard ultra rare gamer to me. Just saying. As for a hard game... Super Meat Boy is really tough and a lot of fun.

just to name a few off the top of my head that are still possible (to my knowledge):

• Lost Planet 2
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
  • Overwatch
  • White Knight Chronicles 1 or 2 (yes it is possible without online co-op)
  • Demon Souls
  • Dark Souls 1 - 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Catherine
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Dead or Alive 5
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Injustice
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Child of Eden

Not sure if you'll like these, but those are some of the game's that come to mind that have ultra rare platinum trophies.

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Ninja Gaiden 3: razor's edge

Knights contract

Devil may Cry 4 special edition - 200+ hours

Dungeon Siege 3

AC Brotherhood

Sacred 3

Clash of the Titans

Metal Gear Rising

Prototype

Edited by Jun_Kazama316

I would definitely recommend Furi (highly underrated) and Velocity 2x was great.

A couple under the radar challenges from my own Plat collection would be Mekazoo and Titan Souls (if done without a guide can be very challenging)

Best of luck!

• 2 months later...

If you want to 100% DCUO is def a pain. Me and sergus were able to do it in just under 4 months of everyday bs. DEFINETLY NOT WORTH THE TIME LOL. As far as time and skill though ESO is def. taking the cake. If you want one of the hardest plats to get Id say go for super meat boy, I am bread, ext. Geo wars 3 is really hard as well but i can plat that in 2 days lol. all about skill. If you go by the longest time it takes to get a platinum then I'd say hands down start up star ocean. These all have ultra rare plats and trophys, just depends on what you want. Also Woah Dave is a VERY hard 100%. Almost threw my Vita across the room getting the last trophy lol.

I'd recommend

Shadow Warrior Platinum difficulty 9/10 but I found it very easy to be honest. Only chapter that is somewhat challenging is chapter 16. 

Furi Platinum difficulty 8/10 this one is very skill dependent but I didn't find it very hard either it just takes practice. I completed it in 2 days so it isn't very long either 

Titan souls. Forgot what difficulty rating this one got but it's also a quick and easy one that I finished in 2 days. Only challenge here is no roll mode and the iron man mode 

Astebreed platinum difficulty 8/10 a great shoot em up game with a challenging trophy to beat hard with less than 50k damage but other than that you should be good

Ghost blade HD personal difficulty estimate 8/10. Hardest trophy here is to beat time attack with 1 million points which requires you to not get hit and don't use bombs 

They're also good/great games so that's always a good thing.