A new Batman Arkham game? (leaked)

Pershing24

Found this discussion by Whatculture Gaming about a leaked of a new Batman Arkham game supposedly called  Batman: Arkham Insurgency.

Video Below.

I'm not too surprise since WB games are greedy bastards, but the fact that it is made by WB Montreal, the same fellows who did Arkham origins and Blackgates.

The Goods

-The Batmoblie is back, but is not like a tank anymore

-Coastal city area, (nice change of scenery)

-Joker is back (figures) and alot of returning an new villains

-Court of Owls are involved (YES!)

-Proper boss battles are back

The Bads

-Set 3 years after Origins, so not really a prequel nor a sequel

-Still no co-op

-Still focuses on Batman only, though robin will appeared

-You can be certain that there's alot of DLC

-Possibly really bad PC port, (since it uses the same game engine as Arkham knight)

What are your thoughts, do you what another Arkham game?

On 4/13/2017 at 7:55 PM, StewartBros said:

I'd like to see the developers of a new Batman game be really daring by not including the word "Arkham" in the title... :P

Does Telltale count? :P

From what we know of the next Batman game that several reputable sources have leaked, it won't be called Arkham (and it may even be in a new continuity altogether? Not sure, been a while since I read the leaked details)

19 minutes ago, Arkthur said:

I will say it again. Drop bats and make an Arkham Universe game based on another superhero.

Agreed.

Personally, I want them to make a Justice league Arkham series that takes place after the Batman trilogy. Where you can play as all the heroes or break it across multiple games, I don't care. I just want to see it!

• 3 weeks later...

WhatCulture is fucking garbage. They took a 4 month old Reddit leak that was confirmed fake and made a 25 minute long video about it. Unbelievable. 

"Arkham Insurgency" isn't real. It was confirmed fake by Jason Schreier and by a WB Games employee who sent proof to Reddit mods. 

The leak also said that the game was going to be announced on March 8, but Shadow Of War was announced instead. Proving it was fake even more. 

19 hours ago, ryan32289 said:

That website listed Batman 2017 as a "possible game at E3" it's not confirmed. You're spreading false info. 

Apparently a new Batman game is in development but recently rebooted development. So don't expect a new Batman game any time soon. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/68izww/new_batman_game_by_warner_bros_games_montréal/

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
24 minutes ago, matigrosso91 said:

So, no news about this? 

I'd assume it's fake man especially with how the devs said Knight was the last. Even the way the game ended made sure it would be the last.

As much as I'd love a new Arkham game I personally have no idea where would they even continue from and so I feel like it would have to be a prequel of some sort which is unlikely

14 minutes ago, PooPDeePie said:

I'd assume it's fake man especially with how the devs said Knight was the last. Even the way the game ended made sure it would be the last.

As much as I'd love a new Arkham game I personally have no idea where would they even continue from and so I feel like it would have to be a prequel of some sort which is unlikely

I read two different rumours: a new prequel (like Arkham Origins) or a game starring Damian Wayne as the new Batman. But i don't know, rumours are usually just rumours. 

2 hours ago, matigrosso91 said:

I read two different rumours: a new prequel (like Arkham Origins) or a game starring Damian Wayne as the new Batman. But i don't know, rumours are usually just rumours. 

Exactly! They're just rumours :). Though I'm very curious about Rocksteady is working on after finishing Arkham Knight. They've been quite for a while now!

• Like 1