Golden Finger Trophy

kyoselflove

3 hours ago, battlefever151 said:

Do it quick and also press x quickly just like in fighting games. It's pretty much the same input as most special attacks in fighting games.

Yeah...I suck at fighting games. Guess I will never get this, I've been trying all day.  Thanks though.

I struggled at first too. Think of it not as arrow keys but your usual analog stick you want to rotate. Remember games like Mario Party where you had to rotate that stick like crazy? It's exactly like that, but with arrow keys (and the x at the end).

• Like 1

The last combo at third part is a 180° rotation like with an analog stick, I think, from right to down to left, and then just push right (no circling!) and x. This is how I got it. I also played with the "cheats" book on, so I had much time to try this.

Seems like the combo changes a bit every time? I would advise to take some seconds to check which way the arrows are pointing before trying seriously. As I said, use the "cheats" for more time.

Edited by Hokupe
  • Like 2

I think I just have to give up on getting the plat for this game, since there is no way I'm every going to beat Power Intuition, I can't even get past the first boss, and that is with the extra time form the cheat.

Seems like Persona 5 is not a plat for me.

32 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Do what I did, use your index and middle finger of your left hand on the D-Pad, and any fingers on your right to hit X.

I had trouble using my thumb because it kept registering me as clicking Up on the D-Pad, but did it in less than 2 seconds with my aforementioned method.

Give it a go. Have some hope.

I will give it a try, but man I really suck at this mini-game

Edit: Thank you good sir, I just got the trophy.

Edited by valomek
The help got me the trophy.
  • Like 3

I can concur, that the very last combo is a complete and utter bitch. Not really sure if I'm gonna be able to do it.

Got it a little while go after taking a break and finishing up all the books. Kinda wonder if doing that will help me out with fighting games in the future. It started to get easier and easier.

Edited by Valyrious

After reading this this thread I started being worried but...

It was surprisingly easy? o.O

I mean, I ROYALLY suck at fighting games (still can't get combo trophy for P4U :/) but I finished the last combo on the 2nd try (first time I missed that there was additional :right: after the U turn). 

What I did was simply do a U from :right: to :left: with a thumb and then immediately press :right: + :cross:.

Homerun was much harder for me =D

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

After reading this this thread I started being worried but...

It was surprisingly easy? o.O

I mean, I ROYALLY suck at fighting games (still can't get combo trophy for P4U :/) but I finished the last combo on the 2nd try (first time I missed that there was additional :right: after the U turn). 

What I did was simply do a U from :right: to :left: with a thumb and then immediately press :right: + :cross:.

Homerun was much harder for me =D

Ah, will keep this in mind for when I work towards the trophy. I'm just dreadful at fighting games so hearing others that are not the best at it either finding it easier than expected gives hope

On 2017-04-16 at 8:50 AM, Griffon234 said:

Do what I did, use your index and middle finger of your left hand on the D-Pad, and any fingers on your right to hit X.

I had trouble using my thumb because it kept registering me as clicking Up on the D-Pad, but did it in less than 2 seconds with my aforementioned method.

Give it a go. Have some hope.

This worked for me too, using PS3 controller.

edit: fuck i cant do the very last one lol

Edited by mako-heart

22 hours ago, mako-heart said:

This worked for me too, using PS3 controller.

edit: fuck i cant do the very last one lol

The last combo seems impossible but the trick is to do a 180° rotation like with an analog stick from right to down to left without raising your finger, imagine U shape, and then just push right and :cross:. With that strategy, it immediately registers the inputs.

Edited by Lowlliet

That last combo is really a pain of the ass that registering the combo with a d pad on ps3 is absolutely bullshit. Way too small to perform it. 

Well the U method works quite better and easier to do it that way which I say thanks to the people who mentioned the tip. Normal already used to annoying combos in fighting games so I wasn't that surprised from it except how annoying that was. 

Edited by Superstarmaste1r