Golden Finger Trophy

kyoselflove

On 2017-04-16 at 4:50 PM, Griffon234 said:

Do what I did, use your index and middle finger of your left hand on the D-Pad, and any fingers on your right to hit X.

I had trouble using my thumb because it kept registering me as clicking Up on the D-Pad, but did it in less than 2 seconds with my aforementioned method.

Give it a go. Have some hope.

Finally got to the point where I had this game available in NG+ and this strategy helped me. Took a few tries but damn was it so much easier when I tried it like this

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 11:16 PM, Griffon234 said:

Nice nice :)

Congrats!

Sorry but what is the exact method ? I placed my index and middle on the d-pad for left and right and its not working lol.... xD could you perhaps go into more detail please? Thanks haha

4 hours ago, RaveBro said:

Sorry but what is the exact method ? I placed my index and middle on the d-pad for left and right and its not working lol.... xD could you perhaps go into more detail please? Thanks haha

Hmmm.. I'll try

Place index on right on Dpad, place middle on left on Dpad.

Have your index on an angle so you can press the right with the top of your index, and the down input with the lower half of the top part of your index.

Press left with middle finger, then right again with index and then X with whatever is comfortable on your right hand.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, but I'm a little stumped on how to explain it lol

Edited by Griffon234
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was finally able to get this ridiculously hard trophy after struggling so much with the useless button inputs of my controller.

I had to use my PsVita in order to even dare to play it.

On 2017-4-18 at 0:34 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

After reading this this thread I started being worried but...

It was surprisingly easy? o.O

I mean, I ROYALLY suck at fighting games (still can't get combo trophy for P4U :/) but I finished the last combo on the 2nd try (first time I missed that there was additional :right: after the U turn). 

What I did was simply do a U from :right: to :left: with a thumb and then immediately press :right: + :cross:.

Homerun was much harder for me =D

Thank you a lot Satoshi-sama for the advice! \(^w^)/

And now to the next challenge, FISH. (I hate fishing)

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 1:18 PM, kyoselflove said:

I am about to lose my mind...why is the game Power Intuition so hard? The arrows won't stay lit at all, I can't even get past the first one.  What am I doing wrong? It's like it wants me to hold all them at once which is some bull. 

You are not alone in this struggle friend. Just keep it up!

On 5/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, Griffon234 said:

Hmmm.. I'll try

Place index on right on Dpad, place middle on left on Dpad.

Have your index on an angle so you can press the right with the top of your index, and the down input with the lower half of the top part of your index.

Press left with middle finger, then right again with index and then X with whatever is comfortable on your right hand.

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, but I'm a little stumped on how to explain it lol

Big thanks! Took me only 10 tries to master this :D Thought it would take days and 30 mins later :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Muur1993 said:

these combos are fucking aids

It takes a bit getting used to. I used my thumb and dragged down on the d-pad either clockwise or counterclockwise depending on the button input and it worked for me.

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

It takes a bit getting used to. I used my thumb and dragged down on the d-pad either clockwise or counterclockwise depending on the button input and it worked for me.

I read through and making a circle from right to left ended up working. also had to remote play like that guy above

worst trophy ever though

now to get the plat. i waited 6 months after my first playthrough to do the NG+ lmao. 100 hour games canny be done back to back, that's 200!

Edited by Muur1993

3 minutes ago, Muur1993 said:

I read through and making a circle from right to left ended up working. also had to remote play like that guy above

worst trophy ever though

now to get the plat. i waited 6 months after my first playthrough to do the NG+ lmao. 100 hour games canny be done back to back, that's 200!

I took a month off to get the platinum after spending the whole summer on the story (I took my time). Looking at your profile, all those wonderful RPG's on there I still need to start >_>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terra said:

I took a month off to get the platinum after spending the whole summer on the story (I took my time). Looking at your profile, all those wonderful RPG's on there I still need to start >_>

Those are also only the exclusives. I was on Xbox until PS4/Vita but then RPGs died for Xbox One so I had to move over (well, having both). Did a bunch over on my 360 lol. 

Had I not picked up a Vita and PS4, I would've died through lack of RPGs. 

Edited by Muur1993

3 minutes ago, Muur1993 said:

Those are also only the exclusives. I was on Xbox until PS4/Vita but then RPGs died for Xbox One so I had to move over (well, having both). Did a bunch over on my 360 lol. 

Had I not picked up a Vita and PS4, I would've died through lack of RPGs. 

What did you play on your 360? 

• 4 months later...

This trophy's so stinking annoying.  

Granted I'm only about 6 tries into it, but I've bombed out on the first two at least twice in there too.  *sigh*

The only good thing is that it's about the last "extra" thing I've got to do in December (missed a book from the library, will have to finish that one in NG+ didn't realize I had a time limit on those :( ) so I've got a save game and can just roll through about a week before I hit story days again and have to reload.

So far I'm equally inept with both the thumb and finger methods.  LOL

UGH

• 3 months later...

This is the only trophy I still need and I have attempted 40+ time to no avail on part 3. I have tried the tissue technique, tried using my fingers instead of thumb, and NOTHING I do seems to work. Out of those 40 tries the last :right: has only ever lit up twice and I couldn't react fast enough to press the :cross:.  Have never rage quit before but I may have to just admit defeat with this one!

8 hours ago, Carrie Kitteh said:

This is the only trophy I still need and I have attempted 40+ time to no avail on part 3. I have tried the tissue technique, tried using my fingers instead of thumb, and NOTHING I do seems to work. Out of those 40 tries the last :right: has only ever lit up twice and I couldn't react fast enough to press the :cross:.  Have never rage quit before but I may have to just admit defeat with this one!

Are you sure you are doing the whole U (or half back circle if you prefer it in fighting games terminology)? 

If you aren't, the last arrow does not register correctly.

• 7 months later...

On 17/04/2017 at 0:50 AM, Griffon234 said:

Do what I did, use your index and middle finger of your left hand on the D-Pad, and any fingers on your right to hit X.

I had trouble using my thumb because it kept registering me as clicking Up on the D-Pad, but did it in less than 2 seconds with my aforementioned method.

Give it a go. Have some hope.

This really helped- but I modified it in particular for the last one. After trying for ages with my thumb, instead I used my index on the right dpad, middle in the bottom and ring finger on the left. Worked a treat, got it first try when I swapped to this.

Edited by igs63
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...