Are the episodes weekly?

59 minutes ago, aleroes said:

is this just for ps4 ???? no ps3 ?:c

Yes, unfortunately for last generation gamers TellTale's Guardians of the Galaxy is only available on PS4, XBONE and all mobile devices. I expect TellTale games from here on out will ditch last generation so I'd say get used to it.

7 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Very cool, was looking forward to this! When will it release?

I also already got my cinema tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ready. :P 

I actually thought it released already because I am following Greg Miller on PSN and it says he played it for the first time, but apparently not. It's so far heading towards a release window for June. I expect we will hear more specifics during E3.

Also, nice! I usually like to book closer to the date of the movie so I'll probably do that next weekend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JinjonatorX said:

???

The first episode is coming out this Tuesday.

Huh that's weird. When I looked it up earlier it said June, but you're right now it's saying that Episode 1 will drop on April 18th. Sorry about the misleading information and thank you for the correction.

Don't know if I would call it a "big" rumor, as this is the first I've heard of someone saying that, and Telltale has always been slow on the draw when it comes to releasing episodes in a timely fashion so I don't even think the validity of said rumor passes based off the track record alone. I think Batman was pretty much the only game I've seen from them that was pretty good about a monthly release schedule for each episode (Minecraft a close second), but like someone else said, that Tales from the Borderlands release window was atrocious, and their other series weren't much better.

We'll be lucky if this things completely out 6 months from now.

Edited by iamjax

On 4/16/2017 at 6:01 AM, Fozzyabear said:

LMAO on the weekly comment. Seriously though bud if they were gonna release 5 episodes over 5 weeks they would just release the whole game all at once. I think your buddy is giving you the business

Resident Evil Revelations 2 was released weekly instead of all at once!

I agree that this probably isn't going to be the case for this game, but it can absolutely happen!

6 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I agree that this probably isn't going to be the case for this game, but it can absolutely happen!

What does Resident Evil: Revelations 2 have to do with any of this? We're talking about TellTale here, and as far as I can tell we'll be lucky to get all the episodes in 6 months.

6 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

Development for Resident Evil Rev 2 was most likely 100% complete in time for launch and Capcom just went episodic for either the "artistic" approach or because they figured it was the trendy thing to do.

16 hours ago, ddracarys said:

What does Resident Evil: Revelations 2 have to do with any of this? We're talking about TellTale here, and as far as I can tell we'll be lucky to get all the episodes in 6 months.

Oh no, I agree, hence my comment "I don't think that'll be the case for THIS game. I just mentioned that the other posters comment wasn't necessarily the case.

16 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

Development for Resident Evil Rev 2 was most likely 100% complete in time for launch and Capcom just went episodic for either the "artistic" approach or because they figured it was the trendy thing to do.

I 100% agree. The previous poster mentioned that "they" wouldn't do it though. They said if they had the game done, they would just release it all at once. I was simply stating that it's not always the case, such as when Capcom tried out the weekly approach, as you said, for "artistic reasons."

• Like 1

Telltale is doing pretty horrible job at optimizing their games when they release an episode in every month or two. Imagine how fucked up each episode would be in they release it weekly. That's not a TV show you know and if they could do it, they'd simply delay the game for a month and would give you full season.

On 16/04/2017 at 5:08 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

Yeah... definitely wouldn't be a weekly thing. If so that'd be great .. but this is the real world. It isn't great. 1f643.png

I'm waiting for the physical copy to release anyways.

Any info on whether it will be a real physical copy with all of the episodes on or just the season pass in a box?

Edited by LeetWolf2