Tidus4713

Are the episodes weekly?

25 posts in this topic

I don't know if its true but a friend told me they were releasing the episodes for this weekly instead of monthly/bi monthly. Anyone know if this is true or not?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt they'd be weekly, I mean they haven't released these episodes lately for any series, so not sure why they would start now... even with TWD episode 3 still having 2 more episodes to be released.

 

But hey, best we wait and see anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool, was looking forward to this! When will it release?

 

I also already got my cinema tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ready. :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, aleroes said:

is this just for ps4 ???? no ps3 ?:c

 

 

Yes, unfortunately for last generation gamers TellTale's Guardians of the Galaxy is only available on PS4, XBONE and all mobile devices. I expect TellTale games from here on out will ditch last generation so I'd say get used to it.

 

7 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Very cool, was looking forward to this! When will it release?

 

I also already got my cinema tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ready. :P 

 

I actually thought it released already because I am following Greg Miller on PSN and it says he played it for the first time, but apparently not. It's so far heading towards a release window for June. I expect we will hear more specifics during E3.

 

Also, nice! I usually like to book closer to the date of the movie so I'll probably do that next weekend.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

 

It's so far heading towards a release window for June. I expect we will hear more specifics during E3.

???

The first episode is coming out this Tuesday.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JinjonatorX said:

???

The first episode is coming out this Tuesday.

 

Huh that's weird. When I looked it up earlier it said June, but you're right now it's saying that Episode 1 will drop on April 18th. Sorry about the misleading information and thank you for the correction.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With telltale we will be lucky to get the whole season within a year. Waiting for tales from the borderlands really cheese'd my waffle.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO on the weekly comment. Seriously though bud if they were gonna release 5 episodes over 5 weeks they would just release the whole game all at once. I think your buddy is giving you the business

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... definitely wouldn't be a weekly thing. If so that'd be great .. but this is the real world. It isn't great. 🙃

 

I'm waiting for the physical copy to release anyways.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the weekly thing was a big rumor going around when it was announced. Supposedly it was stated the game would come out weekly leading up to the new movie but it turned out to be false. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if I would call it a "big" rumor, as this is the first I've heard of someone saying that, and Telltale has always been slow on the draw when it comes to releasing episodes in a timely fashion so I don't even think the validity of said rumor passes based off the track record alone. I think Batman was pretty much the only game I've seen from them that was pretty good about a monthly release schedule for each episode (Minecraft a close second), but like someone else said, that Tales from the Borderlands release window was atrocious, and their other series weren't much better.

 

We'll be lucky if this things completely out 6 months from now.

Edited by iamjax
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we would be lucky if its monthly, I think they really dropped the ball with TWD season 3...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2017 at 6:01 AM, Fozzyabear said:

LMAO on the weekly comment. Seriously though bud if they were gonna release 5 episodes over 5 weeks they would just release the whole game all at once. I think your buddy is giving you the business


Resident Evil Revelations 2 was released weekly instead of all at once!

I agree that this probably isn't going to be the case for this game, but it can absolutely happen!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orenn16 said:


Resident Evil Revelations 2 was released weekly instead of all at once!

I agree that this probably isn't going to be the case for this game, but it can absolutely happen!

 

What does Resident Evil: Revelations 2 have to do with any of this? We're talking about TellTale here, and as far as I can tell we'll be lucky to get all the episodes in 6 months.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orenn16 said:


Resident Evil Revelations 2 was released weekly instead of all at once!

I agree that this probably isn't going to be the case for this game, but it can absolutely happen!

 

Development for Resident Evil Rev 2 was most likely 100% complete in time for launch and Capcom just went episodic for either the "artistic" approach or because they figured it was the trendy thing to do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we'll be doing well if we get all these episodes by Christmas !

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ddracarys said:

 

What does Resident Evil: Revelations 2 have to do with any of this? We're talking about TellTale here, and as far as I can tell we'll be lucky to get all the episodes in 6 months.

Oh no, I agree, hence my comment "I don't think that'll be the case for THIS game. I just mentioned that the other posters comment wasn't necessarily the case.

 

16 hours ago, MeteorHawk said:

 

Development for Resident Evil Rev 2 was most likely 100% complete in time for launch and Capcom just went episodic for either the "artistic" approach or because they figured it was the trendy thing to do.

 

I 100% agree. The previous poster mentioned that "they" wouldn't do it though. They said if they had the game done, they would just release it all at once. I was simply stating that it's not always the case, such as when Capcom tried out the weekly approach, as you said, for "artistic reasons."

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telltale is doing pretty horrible job at optimizing their games when they release an episode in every month or two. Imagine how fucked up each episode would be in they release it weekly. That's not a TV show you know and if they could do it, they'd simply delay the game for a month and would give you full season.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say an episode every other month or so?? I do like the trophy names!! All song titles!! Very clever as music does play a huge role, especially for Peter Quill!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2017 at 5:08 PM, DuckSwimmer said:

Yeah... definitely wouldn't be a weekly thing. If so that'd be great .. but this is the real world. It isn't great. 1f643.png

 

I'm waiting for the physical copy to release anyways.


Any info on whether it will be a real physical copy with all of the episodes on or just the season pass in a box?

Edited by LeetWolf2
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LeetWolf2 said:


Any info on whether it will be a real physical copy with all of the episodes on or just the season pass in a box?

 

Probably just their typical season pass disc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.