would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

On 4/16/2017 at 0:58 PM, DaivRules said:

All trophies are shameful. Their entire existence is to satisfy one of the seven deadly sins, Pride. Also, this site caters to fostering Lust, another sin. 

Satan would approve heartily of this site and of course would say that Mayo is not shameful. And since his is the foremost opinion on shameful, it's the only answer that matters. Do with it what you will.

Actually, if you want to get technical, I can refute the claim of having pride in trophies being a sin, as I am a Christian. lol Having pride in something you have personally accomplished that you are satisfied with is not a sin. The sin of pride is referred to as superbia in Latin and it refers specifically to the elevation of oneself above others (arrogance) or placing oneself out of proper hierarchal alignment with God, as Satan did when he was Lucifer (an act that got him thrown of out Heaven). I can also submit that Satan is far too busy corrupting the minds and hearts of the general populace of the world and planning the rise of the antichrist to be thinking about PlayStation trophies. Lust (luxuria), on the other hand— well, if you're playing a game to look at the T&A, then yes, that's a sin.

I realize that most people here didn't think you were making a serious claim or trying to start a religious conversation, but I didn't want anyone to feel bad for simply enjoying the satisfaction of collecting trophies or the friendly competition involved in the leaderboard feature. ?

• Like 1

@Kristen Danielle Gotta say I didn't expect to get quoted four years later on a quote where I reference the high power of Satan and even higher power FSM.

For the record it was very much not serious and I don't judge any games people want to play. From Mayo to asset flips of the week to Breakthrough Gaming games, no one gets judgement from me. And if they feel bad specifically because of my comment, well... I hope they can get the support they need.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

@Kristen Danielle Gotta say I didn't expect to get quoted four years later on a quote where I reference the high power of Satan and even higher power FSM.

For the record it was very much not serious and I don't judge any games people want to play. From Mayo to asset flips of the week to Breakthrough Gaming games, no one gets judgement from me. And if they feel bad specifically because of my comment, well... I hope they can get the support they need.

I didn't look at the date of your post or notice what the FSM was referring to, if I'm honest. A friend of mine had commented on this thread recently and I was just looking through the post. If I had realized what you meant by FSM, then I probably wouldn't have taken it so seriously. lol

• Like 1

My girlfriend straight out refused to play/plat Mayo 1/2, but then I have 20x more plats than she does. You’ve gotta get a couple of shameful ones along the way, right? I don’t regret them at all, and they mean no less than the difficult or ultra rare ones I have...all just part of my PlayStation journey. 

I’ve left them on the system in an effort to cave her eventually ? 

Edited by Shinoda_2qx

13 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

No, I read the whole thing thoroughly. And while I agree no one should feel ashamed about the games they decide to play (it’s their profile, their decision) I did find it amusing that you would even make such a comparison. 

Ghost of Tsushima may not be a particularly difficult platinum, but I don’t think it deserves to be lumped together with a game that only requires you to spam X for 30 minutes. 

Alright, I mistook your post for a second there.

And you are right, Ghost does obviously require more effort, but all i am saying is even good AAA games have easy plats for even the casual gamer as seen with half the players on this site platting it.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, Estivee said:

Ï understand where you are coming from but My Name Is Mayo in particular I feel like, is kind of an inside joke amongst trophy hunters and is therefore kind of a must have platinum! I just got them because of this reason! 

Pretty much this. It’s such a legendary meme game you almost have to get it. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 1:21 PM, Kristen Danielle said:

well, if you're playing a game to look at the T&A, then yes, that's a sin.

Guess the entire Dead or Alive series are shameful plats then ?

This is way less of an embarrassing platinum than say, the Paw Patrol titles, but I wouldn't call it (or any other platinum) shameful at all.