would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

Most mine are easy, but games I wanted to play, like minecraft story mode, Life is Strange etc but those are fine to have because it takes time, especially if you're exploring like I did so idk what that guys talking about who said its just a movie plus press some buttons, maybe thats how you played because you just wanted a platinum quickly. Regardless, Idk how people post a screenshot of road bustle platinum or whatever on the PS4 community as if they did something worth noting or worth showing people.

Edited by WeeFreya

When I started trophy hunting just a few months ago I played a bunch of these BS platinums and now I regret it. Kind of feels like it takes away from the other games on my list that I really enjoyed or at least appreciated enough to get the platinum. Not ashamed but feels cheap and if I could hide it without the little H I probably would consider it. I’d save my $1 personally.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-09-17 at 11:40 AM, dylansko said:

When I started trophy hunting just a few months ago I played a bunch of these BS platinums and now I regret it. Kind of feels like it takes away from the other games on my list that I really enjoyed or at least appreciated enough to get the platinum. Not ashamed but feels cheap and if I could hide it without the little H I probably would consider it. I’d save my $1 personally.

Ï understand where you are coming from but My Name Is Mayo in particular I feel like, is kind of an inside joke amongst trophy hunters and is therefore kind of a must have platinum! I just got them because of this reason!

I have 1 other platinum that. I'm ashamed of and that's Grass Cutter... That one I only got for the quick and easy platinum and I regret having it on my profile now, but in the end who cares! It's just some stupid accolades and as long as you are having fun nothing else matters!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Estivee said:

Ï understand where you are coming from but My Name Is Mayo in particular I feel like, is kind of an inside joke amongst trophy hunters and is therefore kind of a must have platinum! I just got them because of this reason!

I have 1 other platinum that. I'm ashamed of and that's Grass Cutter... That one I only got for the quick and easy platinum and I regret having it on my profile now, but in the end who cares! It's just some stupid accolades and as long as you are having fun nothing else matters!

I agree to this. I felt almost obligated to get the My Name Is Mayo platinums because of the inside joke. They were fun for an hour which was worth the 99 cents to me, and they're the only easy (low effort) games I platinumed. Low effort platinums are not worth more than a dollar as it is, and Road Bustle looks dumb. At least My Name is Mayo knows its dumb.

• Like 1

On 2020-11-24 at 11:03 PM, Cravinovv said:

I agree to this. I felt almost obligated to get the My Name Is Mayo platinums because of the inside joke. They were fun for an hour which was worth the 99 cents to me, and they're the only easy (low effort) games I platinumed. Low effort platinums are not worth more than a dollar as it is, and Road Bustle looks dumb. At least My Name is Mayo knows its dumb.

Exactly this!

Eh. Maybe a little. But it's up to the individual of what they think is shameful. 

The game probably shouldn't have a platinum. I mean if The Walking Dead: Season 2 and Little Nightmares don't have a platinum, this game certainly shouldn't.

I'd never heard of it until I saw the sequel listed as upcoming when I was browsing the PS Store. I bought both because they're dirt cheap. The games seem experimental to me. I wanna finish up the first, and then move on to the second.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say I have a single BS game on my trophy list, well, certainly some easy ones (like kids games back in the day) but nothing like this, so I don't feel guilty about getting it. I had never heard of it till i recently watched a "10 worst PS4 games" video. I had some credit on the ps store and figured what the hell. I platted it in 41 mins lol. If I can plat the likes of nearly every AAA 40+ hour game I play, I've earned a "freebie". I won't feel bad or cheap about it. It still took effort, if not much more than mashing a single button.

• 4 weeks later...

No, because not every game needs to be Street Fighter/Dark Souls tier when it comes to trophies. Yes you can argue you are literally purchasing a platinum trophy, but even the devs knew about this and that's why the game is stupid in a way that almost makes it worth the ten or so minutes due to absurd it is.

Plus I doubt anyone would care what's on your trophy list except yourself. Plus should we say the same thing about AAA games with ridiculously high plats like Spider-Man or Ghost of Tsushima? Sure they require more effort than this game but the plats are still stupid easy to have that high completion rate. 

Basically what I am saying is having a "freebie" platinum or even a plat with almost a 50% completion rate is nothing to be ashamed of.

Edited by HeroFangGhetz

It's only shameful if it makes the trophy hunter feel ashamed. I have a couple of fast and easy (and about to be a lot more soon) platinums but I'm actually enjoying those games. Hell, some of my favorite games are quick, easy ones. I actually have a lot more lengthy and moderate difficulty games I'm ashamed of getting because I didn't have that much fun playing them.

However, if we're talking about others examining our profiles I feel if it's balanced then there's nothing to feel ashamed of. Whether it's balanced between the easy and harder games, higher quality vs lower quality, short or long, etc.

Here's a few recommendations for short, easy/kinda-easy platinums that I enjoyed: Sayonara Wild Hearts, The Sexy Brutale, Icey, Yoku's Island Express, Donut County, Bastion, Transistor, Undertale, Tesla vs Lovecraft, and Cat Quest.

• Like 1

I don't consider it shameful for a certain reason but it really only involves me and a friend. He hates mayo so much that he refused to even play either game in principle...til I made a bet. When 1 cane out we decided to see who can get the plat fastest since he's always bragging on his button mashing skills. Well, the bet was loser owes 50$. I won. So when 2 came out we did the same thing. I won again. So some of these piss easy plats can be for fun. I personally gave up on any I don't have left on my purchases. The leader boards have become an even more of a full time chore, so I'm trying my best to work on a massive backlog and get to my roots: hunting trophies because it was a fun task (for the most part) without boosting for days on games with others included. So long story short, mayo 1&2 are a strong exception for me. Lol

Edited by RoxasOnFire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 03/01/2021 at 1:43 PM, HeroFangGhetz said:

No, because not every game needs to be Street Fighter/Dark Souls tier when it comes to trophies. Yes you can argue you are literally purchasing a platinum trophy, but even the devs knew about this and that's why the game is stupid in a way that almost makes it worth the ten or so minutes due to absurd it is.

Plus I doubt anyone would care what's on your trophy list except yourself. Plus should we say the same thing about AAA games with ridiculously high plats like Spider-Man or Ghost of Tsushima? Sure they require more effort than this game but the plats are still stupid easy to have that high completion rate. 

Basically what I am saying is having a "freebie" platinum or even a plat with almost a 50% completion rate is nothing to be ashamed of.

Did you just compare My Name is Mayo to Ghost of Tsushima ??

• Like 1

I actually found the humor of Mayo enjoyable. I went into it hearing it was an easy platinum and walked away actually liking it way more than most probably did. Which to me is a win/win and could careless if someone hates my two easy platinums for the game (ps4/vita (did vita while on vacation which was perfect for mindless fun)), they can get their panties in a bunch over my game list if they want LMAO.

No plat is shameful. It was played at one time and one completed the requirements. Proud of everyone of my plats and cheer my fellow trophy hunting friends on theirs. Fast, cheap, easy, autopop, don’t care. Let the hunt and the enjoyment of the ding continue. 

• Like 1

My name is mayo 1 & 2 r Contenders for the best game dat ever got released ask god of war 4 and ghost of tsushima. Only elite gamers got both of dem classics plated. Its a proudfull plat to have on a list.

Edited by Sagaan

1 hour ago, roosta_141 said:

Did you just compare My Name is Mayo to Ghost of Tsushima 1f604.png1f604.png

I did as i explained it, but did you understand the point of my post though? Or did you just skim through  without reading it and thought you can think of a humorous response.

Edited by HeroFangGhetz

6 hours ago, HeroFangGhetz said:

I did as i explained it, but did you understand the point of my post though? Or did you just skim through  without reading it and thought you can think of a humorous response.

No, I read the whole thing thoroughly. And while I agree no one should feel ashamed about the games they decide to play (it’s their profile, their decision) I did find it amusing that you would even make such a comparison. 

Ghost of Tsushima may not be a particularly difficult platinum, but I don’t think it deserves to be lumped together with a game that only requires you to spam X for 30 minutes. 

Recently I've been playing a lot of more lesser known titles. Yes, most are really easy, couple had maybe 1-2 annoying trophies. But you put the time into it so theres really no shame honestly. I played Dragon Audit thinking it was just going to be a quick easy plat but found the writing in that game to be very entertaining (to me). The only real time I find it shameful is like visual novels, not because its a visual novel but those who just blitz skip the entire story in 30 seconds. There's tons of cheap games now (most I can think of are from Ratalaika Games) that have very easy plats but you get the entertainment for the money even if it's only an hour long. Plus I enjoyed the first My Name is Mayo, it gave some laughs so it was worth the .99 cents. 

Also just remember Shuhei Yoshida has the plat for Hanna Montana  

Edited by Animator22