Is it too late to get a Vita?

AlcoholicDinosaw

Severed was pretty fun. Enjoyable little game that doesn't get a lot of attention unfortunately.

I got a few Japanese visual novels, the Ratchet and Clank collection and Uncharted Golden Abyss on my Vita. Apart from those I probably won't be buying too much more for the system. I'm thinking about grabbing Gravity Rush and Tearaway in the future. Not sure though.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, FFHannibal said:

Go for it. Recently bought a used Vita and I've been enjoying it a lot especially now that I have to travel about an hour and a half to get to work. The only downside like a lot of people mentioned already is the memory card. I got 6 games with mine for a very good price, but sadly I only have the 4GB memory card so digital games are kinda out of the picture for now. It's also really difficult to find a good deal on a memory card here, I'm not likely to shell out 60+ EUR for 32 Gigs.

If you've got PS+ there have been some great titles in the previous year, though a lot have been cross-play with PS4 but I think a Vita is/was still worth it.

Where'd you get it? I've been looking for a vita but can't find one anywhere except some hella shady sites...

I was planning on getting a Vita sometime soon, but it's not sold at retailers at my location. I guess I'll have to get one used... though I prefer not to. And since I already bought a good amount of Vita games digitally when they were on sale, a larger memory card is a must for me. Hopefully I can get a 32 GB memory card for cheap.

• Like 1

PS Vita has great specs, but sometimes the games are not optimized so well (for example Ratchet and Jak Trilogy have fps issues, Sen no Kiseki/Cold Steal and Project DIVA have graphics problems since they are cross-platform). Obviously nowadays new PS Vita games are rare, most of them are just cross-platform games (but since now they are made on PS4 fps and graphics problems may be even bigger), but imho you should do a quick search and appoint the games you may like and then decide if you really want it or not. And if you don't update you can even mod it and have free games undub games (I bought a Vita TV just for that tbh). You can still synch your Trophies, don't worry lol.

But again, you should do a research and if there are games you like you buy it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

I was planning on getting a Vita sometime soon, but it's not sold at retailers at my location. I guess I'll have to get one used... though I prefer not to. And since I already bought a good amount of Vita games digitally when they were on sale, a larger memory card is a must for me. Hopefully I can get a 32 GB memory card for cheap.

If you can't get a 32, 16GB is alright as well. I think you can safely fit 4 big games on it, or maybe 2 and a handful of "smaller games". As you play and finish games, just delete and add as you go along.

• Like 1

Its definitely not too late to get a Vita; it is an awesome handheld system, especially for people who are on the go and away from home frequently.

You may find difficulty in finding physical Vita games at some retailers, but that's what online shopping is for! The Vita has some AWESOME titles, so you should absolutely give it a shot when you can.

Last, you can earn trophies away from home. As members of a PSNProfiles website that is centered around earning trophies, who WOULDN'T want that? :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Have you watched anime before playing?

Yeah, I'd seen the first season twice and the second season and the movie once. Admittedly, I didn't like the second season much, but the game is set during the first season so I thought it would be fine.

7 hours ago, Einigkeit said:

Yeah, I'd seen the first season twice and the second season and the movie once. Admittedly, I didn't like the second season much, but the game is set during the first season so I thought it would be fine.

Well, S2 sucked =D That's understandable =D

Interesting. since the game is more or less for anime fans, I thought only ones who didn't like the VN were those who didn't watch anime =D

Given that I just gave into the Vita lure and am waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon, I'd say Vita is still worth it.  I am eagerly looking forward to the Vita only games library and the games that support the remote play feature.  *can't wait*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seabound117 said:

Given that I just gave into the Vita lure and am waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon, I'd say Vita is still worth it.  I am eagerly looking forward to the Vita only games library and the games that support the remote play feature.  *can't wait*

Grats on the purchase and welcome to the Vita owners' club! Which games are you going to play first?

5 hours ago, Seabound117 said:

Nice! 

All games are remote play too! Although some are trickier to play if you need to use l2 & l3, r2 & r3. Though I'm pretty sure these can be mapped to the front touchscreen instead of r2 and l2 on the backtouch(which never works reliably for me). (don't quote me on the mapping though, I haven't done it I don't think) 

Although there are games like FFXIV that switch to remote play controls when it detects it, which is pretty cool. 

Also I just recently took video of me using remote play across the internet at my Grandmothers. After some editing(personal information, audio) I'm going to post it here so people know what it's like(it's awesome and smooth). 

I also took a video of me playing dark souls 2 with Playstation Now which was also just as smooth(which is a shame because they're removing Playstation Now from the vita soon >< and it works so damn well. Aghhh stupid move, at least leave the ps3 games available Sony orz ) 

Edited by Dav9834
Thread post in here #100! Woot