Missing Graphics

hbg

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the European Disc-Version of The Silver Case. First of I was very happy that it arrived early, but then I started playing and realized that during both, VN parts and gameplay parts, parts of the screen stay black. For example in the beginning when the detective is driving in his car, I can see the text and the face of the detective perfectly fine, but the big screen in the middle stays black, I can't see the video there. Then when the actual gameplay part begins, all I can see are the coloured marks in the positions you can move to. Everything else, the complete room you are moving in is missing and the screen is black. I can still interact with everything, I just can't see what I am interacting with, which makes the game basically unplayable. Also when I quit the game and try to reload my save game, the game crashes every time.

I tried everything I could think of like restarting the game, changing the games graphic options, deleting the whole game and save data and installing it again, but nothing worked.

Does anyone else have these issues with any version of the game or any idea how I might fix this?

P.S.: My English is not very good so I hope you can figure out what I was trying to say. ;-)

Edited by hbg

He already knows his english is good enough Boringname123, I used to say the very same thing until I realized when I looked back at it that it was simply unnecessary hypocrisy and a weird way to let people know I was learning the language.

I won't get fooled lol.

Yeah, you have better English than a lot of English speakers on the internet. Even more so in written form.

On Topic: Have you ever tried rebuilding the database on your PS4? It doesn't delete any save data or game data and has helped for me when different games were crashing. http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

Edited by skateak

@skateak: No, haven't tried that yet, didn't even know that function existed. I guess I'll wait a couple more days until the official release date and see if others have my problem as well. If not, I'll definitely try that, so thanks, especially for the link.

As to the language thing: I knew my English was ok for basic conversation, but I've never really tried to explain a technical problem like this so I wasn't sure about it. Unwarrented as it seems. Hopefully that puts an end to this issue. :-)

I currently don't have any of your problems. The only issue I have is that I beat the game but the 2 addition Chapters "White Out Prologue & "YAMI" don't seem to show up. I'm hoping a patch can fix that and your issue as well. Maybe we'll find out tomorrow.