Thoughts?

The first one was pretty easy to plat (even if some of the bosses were a pain), and this list looks on par with that one. Thought there would be at least some trophies related to the Co-op aspect but as far as I can tell there isn't. That's probably for the best, but was planning to play with mates anyway.This list is more or less the same as the first - finish all quests, do some grinds, collect a lot of crap, and so on. Pretty standard.

It is lame they used same Platinum name! Few trophies also have same names than first game.

All orbs , all items , all monster, all quests -> grindy like first one, it depents on super bosses and drop rates i guess.

DQH 1  was my 100 Plat .... now im at 166 so i guess i will not wait this time to make it 200. But with same Plat name it would look stupid anyway....

3 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

This somehow looks even more grindy than the first game, which is impressive. I'm still getting it though, since I adored the first game.

The first game was like 50 hours to 100% and the grind wasn't that bad. Especially compared to other Omega Force games like Pirate Warriors 1, Dynasty Warriors 7 or Dynasty Warriors 8 or Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

9 minutes ago, Herbalistiikka said:

The first game was like 50 hours to 100% and the grind wasn't that bad. Especially compared to other Omega Force games like Pirate Warriors 1, Dynasty Warriors 7 or Dynasty Warriors 8 or Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Hm. It took me closer to 70, but I had pretty poor luck with the drops. I usually do for some reason - I tend to have pretty good luck in real life, but terrible luck in video games. xD

The list looks pretty similar to the first one, which is fine, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm really glad they changed the dungeon that was online exclusive into something that can be done online or offline since there's a trophy associated with it, and I don't like/care much for online. I'll definitely get it in the future.

This game is a far greater grind than the first game. That's putting it mildly. By the time I had the platinum trophy in DQH2 (Japanese release,) I had been playing for something like 200 hours. It could be done faster, mind you, but you'd really have to research the heck out of it to be drastically more efficient. I would say the sequel takes at least three times longer than the original DQH to complete all trophies.

That being said, it's a much more enjoyable game to play in repetition. That, and some of the really rough stuff from the first game is easier and less RNG in part two. The Puff-Puff trophy, for example: you're basically guaranteed a Puff-Puff with a character once you've played that character enough (and killed enough enemies with them and/or their high tension move.) Very little randomness to it this time. Also once you start hunting for Yancha versions of all the monsters: they seem to spawn more often when you get closer to filling out your list (and/or get your team to higher levels.) That was probably the most "random" endeavor when it came to trophies. Those damned Yanchas. Or as the English trophy list calls them, "marked monsters."

That being said, DQH2 is one of my all-time favorite games. Without question. I'm someone who has been gaming since Vectrex, Atari, Amiga, etc. Even though I got the Japanese version at launch, played it to death and completed it, I'm just as hyped to do the same for the English release. Already have it digitally pre-ordered as well. One more week, lads and ladies.

Edited by ShinUkyo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Read somewhere that there was going to be one online trophy, but after an outcry in Japan, Square Enix made the whole game doable in single player.

Looks like it's a bit of a grind, but since it's Dragon Quest (even though it's a spinoff), nature of the beast.

Is Japan that much against online trophies in general or just this one in particular?

11 hours ago, ShinUkyo said:

This game is a far greater grind than the first game. That's putting it mildly. By the time I had the platinum trophy in DQH2 (Japanese release,) I had been playing for something like 200 hours. It could be done faster, mind you, but you'd really have to research the heck out of it to be drastically more efficient. I would say the sequel takes at least three times longer than the original DQH to complete all trophies.

Yikes, 200 hours is more than I really want to spend with one game...doubt I'll be Platting this one. I'm still debating over getting DQH2 at launch or waiting since I didn't finish the first one and I have plenty of other games to finish as well. Knowing me, I probably won't be able to resist pre-ordering in the next few days.

Edited by Killbomb

On 4/18/2017 at 8:56 AM, Killbomb said:

Yikes, 200 hours is more than I really want to spend with one game...doubt I'll be Platting this one. I'm still debating over getting DQH2 at launch or waiting since I didn't finish the first one and I have plenty of other games to finish as well. Knowing me, I probably won't be able to resist pre-ordering in the next few days.

Don't let it intimidate you. If you liked the first, you'll like the second even more. There's a lot more incentive to keep playing in the second game, and you don't need to rush it either. Taking a break and coming back, you'll be just as easily able to complete stuff as you were in the launch window. Since, for all intents, it's a single-player game. And I'm sure it could be done quicker, too. I was just in no rush to complete it myself (I did it over a few months' time, as my gaming time was becoming limited. Even moreso nowadays. But I'll gladly do it again for the US release.)

On 4/18/2017 at 0:45 PM, Torracat83 said:

I'm very glad they made that decision. It makes it so you're not forced to utilize multiplayer to earn trophies in a game which is basically a single-player title. The co-op maps as merely sort of a side-item to it. Keeping in mind: those maps are so much more enjoyable to play with human teammates. That and they're so much easier with human teammates. The A.I. teammates are stupid and get killed a lot; no surprise.

The good thing, too, if they keep the setup from the previous releases (Japan and Korea/China,) you can play multiplayer with anyone in the world regardless of their regional version. That and you can cross-play with PS3/Vita players in Japan. Along with the in-game call-outs that are easily accessed with the L2 button: you can communicate and succeed with random teammates without needing voice chat or prior knowledge of each other. This is one of the few games where I've actually played co-op with randoms (rather than just with my friends,) and to great success no less! Looking forward to the western playerbase being added to that pool.

Edited by ShinUkyo
  • Like 2

I'm guessing the people saying it's like the first one said that before they had seen or played the game? This is as far from the first as Toukiden 2 is from Toukiden Kiwami. 

I love what what they have done to this, instead of a mission list you have a semi-open world where you can venture out to missions and they have really cut back on the annoying defence missions. The first game seemed to be about 90% defence missions - I've only had to do 1 or 2 so far. 

Prim not at my pro at the moment, but supposedly the latest patch gave an option to run it above 1080p (so super sampled to 1080p or higher res on a 4K screen) but I've not been able to test and compare yet. It's nice to see Koei offer this as so far their pro enhancements have just been a more stable framerate and more effects and characters on screen. 

I don't think any of them are missable per se, but a lot of them are going to take some serious grinding and farming to get.

I actually got the weather one by accident without even trying for it. But then again, I've been spending way too much time grinding on max monster kill quotas for Mini Medals, and also trying to find/kill the "Marked" version of each monster as well. By doing this, I saw the weather change in the different Wild areas

On 4/29/2017 at 9:02 AM, turniplord said:

I'

Prim not at my pro at the moment, but supposedly the latest patch gave an option to run it above 1080p (so super sampled to 1080p or higher res on a 4K screen) but I've not been able to test and compare yet. It's nice to see Koei offer this as so far their pro enhancements have just been a more stable framerate and more effects and characters on screen. 

Honestly hitting a locked 1080/60 is what devs should be aiming for on the Pro since 4k/60 isn't going to happen. This game makes great use of the Pro in my opinion since there is absolute chaos happening quite often and I have not noticed a frame drop through 40 hours of play.

As for trophies, is "All Puffed Out" missable? I just beat the final boss and I'm wondering if I'll have to do another full playthrough.

Edited by Killbomb

2 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

As for trophies, is "All Puffed Out" missable? I just beat the final boss and I'm wondering if I'll have to do another full playthrough.

Pretty sure it's not, it just requires you to play plenty on different characters - kill monsters and stuff and the scene should activate once you talk to the person you played a lot as in town.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

Pretty sure it's not, it just requires you to play plenty on different characters - kill monsters and stuff and the scene should activate once you talk to the person you played a lot as in town.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the trophy during my first playthrough to avoid spoilers but I got the scene with quite a few characters already and I wasn't sure what was necessary to trigger it.