Server Closure - No warning given

Simpo

Just for anyone that hasn't heard the PS3 servers for this have recently been closed with no warning given. What is also odd is the Xbox servers have been left open.

There has been a facebook created http://www.facebook.com/#!/SaveGhostbustersPS3?fref=ts to try and get them to open up the servers again but no surprise Atari don't seem to care.

So if you're like me (Gozers and Most Wanted left) you'll be annoyed that absolutely no warning was given on an upcoming closure, would of given me a chance to get those damn trophies >:F

That sucks! I recently purchased the game with the intention of playing the MP for fun. I loved that game's MP (minus the obvious bugs as they related to trophies). :( boo Atari!

Yeah the MP was really fun on this one, would of been perfect without the buggy servers, had it in my backlog and was always planning on getting back to it once I found a good crew :(

Looks like someone was able to get a platinum trophy on December 12.

Yeah this guy https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Ghostbusters-The-Video-Game/AdamWolf86

The last 3 trophies he unlocked were within a few seconds, seems dodgy to me.

Yeah the MP was really fun on this one, would of been perfect without the buggy servers, had it in my backlog and was always planning on getting back to it once I found a good crew :(

Yeah this guy http://psnprofiles.c...Game/AdamWolf86

The last 3 trophies he unlocked were within a few seconds, seems dodgy to me.

Its already dodgy, the servers went down around late november and he's the only person to have a platinum in december.

Sorry Simpo. I heard about the servers closing right after it happened and even though I finished up GB mp a long time ago, it prompted me to go back to my older games and earn some of the mp trophies that I haven't earned yet.

Closing the servers without warning was a shitty thing to do though.

Its already dodgy, the servers went down around late november and he's the only person to have a platinum in december.

I agree. I double checked to make sure it wasn't sp trophies that unlucked the plat just to be sure. No Job too Big and GMW unlocking at the same time.....seems extremely lucky even if the servers were still up.

However, I found this:

Ghostbusters Recruits – we regret to notify you that we have shut down the Containment Unit behind the Ghostbusters Video Game servers for all platforms. Since the game launched in October 2009 we’ve had some great times busting ghosts online, but after three years we’re seeing that player volume has dropped. Please note, this shutdown won’t have any effect on single player or local multiplayer play. For more great Ghostbusting action online –check out Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime on PSN, XBLA and PC!

http://ghostbustersnews.com/?p=11177

So can mp still be accessed through LAN or split screen? I don't remember. :|

Sorry Simpo. I heard about the servers closing right after it happened and even though I finished up GB mp a long time ago, it prompted me to go back to my older games and earn some of the mp trophies that I haven't earned yet.

Closing the servers without warning was a shitty thing to do though.

I agree. I double checked to make sure it wasn't sp trophies that unlucked the plat just to be sure. No Job too Big and GMW unlocking at the same time.....seems extremely lucky even if the servers were still up.

However, I found this:

http://ghostbustersnews.com/?p=11177

So can mp still be accessed through LAN or split screen? I don't remember. :|

With the likes of EA and their servers closures I actually don't mind that as they give you notice and give you a chance to get those trophies, like I have just done with NBA Jam.

Closing without warning is bullshit.

Interesting info though I may have to look into that, I can't remember if Gozers needed done in ranked modes.

Edited by Simpo

With the likes of EA and their servers closures I actually don't mind that as they give you notice and give you a chance to get those trophies, like I have just done with NBA Jam.

Closing without warning is bullshit.

Interesting info though I may have to look into that, I can't remember if Gozers needed done in ranked modes.

Gozer's and any online trophies requires to be on ranked play.

There's also Gamespy. Any games with online that use Gamespy servers may get axed as well without warning.

I can't remember either, but I do remember most if not all the trophies had to be achieved in ranked mode only :(

I forgot all about that. The matches did need to be ranked. :facepalm:

Closing without warning is bullshit

Iirc, the servers shut down around the time hurricane Sandy hit the US east coast (not sure if it's related) and it took over a month and a lot of fans bitching before Atari had a press release. They then bring the xbox servers up and leave the Playstation's down. :|

Edited by Rowdi

• 1 year later...

if the servers went out awhile ago why dose someone have the plat on the 2nd of March?

Either

1. The person got the multiplayer trophies before the servers went down and got the single player trophies recently

or the more probable

2. They hacked the trophies

Why so bitter is it because you missed out on it I wonder. I got this plat long after the servers went down, how you ask you answered that in your own post but you choose to assume everyone's cheating because your upset you can't get it. Look me up I don't cheat.

Why so bitter is it because you missed out on it I wonder. I got this plat long after the servers went down, how you ask you answered that in your own post but you choose to assume everyone's cheating because your upset you can't get it. Look me up I don't cheat.

Wow. What are you talking about? No one is attacking you. You got the multiplayer trophies in october 2012 and the servers went down in november 2012. You got the rest in 2013 so you fit into category nr. 1  stated by brawler. And yes what brawler wrote are definitely the most probable explanations.

Edited by Frisendal
  • Like 1

Of maybe let it wind me up but the way he says it is basically I know people with plat post server closure could have finished mp stuff beforehand but it's far more likely they just cheated and hacked the files which is annoying.

Edited by HellCU3ED

Thats a bummer they would shut down the servers like that. Kinda the main reason I go for online trophies 1st in a game.

If you want to laugh at dumb ass hackers check these 2 guys. One copied anothers every trophy time stamp but both accounts are cleary hackers lmao

They stand out like a sore thumb in the 100% club with the same completion time and date :rolleyes:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/118-GHOSTBUSTERS-The-Video-Game/NEWxWORLDxORDER-?order=date#content

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/118-GHOSTBUSTERS-The-Video-Game/NoSiNz?order=date#content

^ wont be long before this guy is removed from the #2 spot on the leaderboard

Edited by weeztha

I'm always a bit dubious of the ridiculously high level guys there's quite a few lvl 100 guys at the top of the leaderboard bit filter for cheats and the entire board is decimated it's pretty sad actually. These guys should have their page marked and boot just excluded from the leaderboard.

• 3 months later...

They never properly patched Payday! for those who were among the first to meet its requirements.  There are people out there forever stuck at 98%.

The fact that Terminal Reality went bust and we can now hide a set of glitched trophies provides little solace.

PS4 should bring back this game and its online through the streaming service, this time with a clean multiplayer slate.  Fat chance, I know.

Just for anyone that hasn't heard the PS3 servers for this have recently been closed with no warning given. What is also odd is the Xbox servers have been left open.

There has been a facebook created http://www.facebook.com/#!/SaveGhostbustersPS3?fref=ts to try and get them to open up the servers again but no surprise Atari don't seem to care.

So if you're like me (Gozers and Most Wanted left) you'll be annoyed that absolutely no warning was given on an upcoming closure, would of given me a chance to get those damn trophies >:F

i remember reading a warninug about that, i think it closed with gamespy