[Suggestion] Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged

Se7en

That'd be really cool for the users, and for the staff, having unattainables be easily spotted and shit, having them ping or something when someone unlocks them would be an easy way to spot cheaters too. Seems like win win to me, but I'm not sure how much work it would take, maybe the cost/benefit ratio isn't worth it? Can't imagine this hasn't crossed someone's mind at some point in the past.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eakalayci_ said:

That's actually really helpful for the people that need to know they can't obtain all the trophies in an old game or people that want to play any kind of old game on the PS3. Why don't they do this? It would really help!

You'd think that if someone was checking the trophy list for a game he wants to play,he'd check the forums for ''unobtainable plat or trophies''.It's almost the first in every recent forum posts

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

You'd think that if someone was checking the trophy list for a game he wants to play,he'd check the forums for ''unobtainable plat or trophies''.It's almost the first in every recent forum posts

Yes but they wouldn't have to if this idea was implemented.

Excellent idea, and ShadioChao's follow-on would be good too.

Edited by g-bake_1986

22 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Yeah, of course some people would check that, but at the end of the day not everyone checks it. It would be best just to highlight those trophies with a tag in the list of trophies of that game, would really make the list of the game more well-ordered ;)

• Like 3

This would be a great feature, I hope to see it implemented in the near future. Another suggestion I thought I would add would to put the amount of unattainable trophies in parentheses near unearned trophies or an option to have it there.

Edited by Tondenga7200

55 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

This idea has been suggested many times in the past. Here are the threads for reference:

While it's nice to see these 4 threads, in each one, the problem is never resolved.

The biggest complaint people tend to have is that a game could be flagged as "impossible to plat" when in fact it is still possible, though I don't really see that this is an issue here. Why can't the flag have a simple designation, such as "server closure on X date" or something like that?

Just now, Sly Ripper said:

If I were to add this, I'd like to add all kinds of manual tagging we need in one lump so whoever updates this info doesn't have to keep going back and adding stuff later.

So, what else should be added alongside the unattainable flag?

Wow - you just ninja'ed me. 

Well, in regards to the "unobtainable" flag itself, like I said, a brief reason and a "last obtainable on" date might help the flag team. I guess I'll think about some of the other tags that might not have to do with unobtainables.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

The biggest complaint people tend to have is that a game could be flagged as "impossible to plat" when in fact it is still possible, though I don't really see that this is an issue here. Why can't the flag have a simple designation, such as "server closure on X date" or something like that?

That would be a good idea in regards to the "server closure on x date" thing, but as far as I know, a majority of the developers don't bother with stating a date as to when certain online servers for games will be shutting down. Either that, or they probably do, and I don't notice these things.

19 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I can bring an example of games with online no longer available, White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, servers shut down on june 2013, people kept telling me they were impossible to plat, but in fact they weren't, I sat down and platted them eventually, so there are circumstances where server shut down doesn't equal unobtainable platinums.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

I can bring an example of games with online no longer available, White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, servers shut down on june 2013, people kept telling me they were impossible to plat, but in fact they weren't, I sat down and platted them eventually, so there are circumstances where server shut down doesn't equal unobtainable platinums.

That's fine, but that's a different issue. I'm not saying that a "server down" tag is equivalent to "impossible to obtain", but it would be nice if a known "impossible to obtain" trophy is due to a "server down" reason.

24 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

If I were to add this, I'd like to add all kinds of manual tagging we need in one lump so whoever updates this info doesn't have to keep going back and adding stuff later.

So, what else should be added alongside the unattainable flag?

Also might be tagged separately secret trophies; online/multiplayer trophies; trophies requiring additional accessories (camera, PS Move, 2+ gamepads etc).

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's fine, but that's a different issue. I'm not saying that a "server down" tag is equivalent to "impossible to obtain", but it would be nice if a known "impossible to obtain" trophy is due to a "server down" reason.

Yes, I agree, in fact I think that the two infos should be kept separated, let's say "online down - still obtainable", "online down - unobtainable" or something like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Brightblade76 said:

Yes, I agree, in fact I think that the two infos should be kept separated, let's say "online down - still obtainable", "online down - unobtainable" or something like that.

I like it very much. More info on trophy attainability on a trophy site is always welcome.