[Suggestion] Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged

Se7en

12 minutes ago, TerraTanium said:

I do want to ask how much work this would cost though. Someone would have to go through tons and tons of trophy lists just to check whether or not something is available to get no? Seems like a tough job but i would like to see it happen.

While it might be tedious for relatively unknown games, the community is pretty good at spotting unobtainable trophies. I think most of them are known.

• Like 1

To keep it simple, I think the only thing that should added along with a color code/flag is a short explenation to why it's impossible, server closed, does not unlock when critera is met, criteria cannot be met (due to in-game glitch), DLC was never released etc. as well as the date (if ever) the trophy was last obtainable on.

21 minutes ago, TerraTanium said:

Someone would have to go through tons and tons of trophy lists just to check whether or not something is available to get no?

There would be helpful three threads with cumulative info about unattainable trophies on PS4, PS3 and Vita, which I linked in original post.

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

If I were to add this, I'd like to add all kinds of manual tagging we need in one lump so whoever updates this info doesn't have to keep going back and adding stuff later.

So, what else should be added alongside the unattainable flag?

I would definitely say that a note saying the last date that the trophy was attainable is necessary. I know that I have some trophies on my account that are now unobtainable, such as a few of the online trophies from NBA 2K14 (PS4). This would be important to help prevent false flags as well as to easily point out those who have hacked trophies.

Very useful tool. That way when searching info for a game you dont need to read every trophy description and spoil yourself trying to figure if its obtainable or not, just a fast view and you know if there is something dangerous inside. (MP only would be useful too) ?

Edited by Chingon_Player

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

If I were to add this, I'd like to add all kinds of manual tagging we need in one lump so whoever updates this info doesn't have to keep going back and adding stuff later.

Story related trophies and online required trophies. I believe that's all that's needed. Then add a button to trophies for 'reporting' what kind of trophy that is, with a box to input reason. That would be necessary to justify why that input is being made. Obviously there isn't much to say about story related trophies, but that would help people to use the 'hidden trophies' feature more often to avoid spoilers, but then proof needs to be given for impossible trophies

3 minutes ago, Thruygie said:

Story related trophies and online required trophies.

I don't see the advantage of tagging story-related trophies. If people want that level of specific information, they can look at a guide. In my mind, the tags that should be visible up front are the "warning" tags that people want to know about before deciding to try the game:

- Unobtainable

- Glitchy (but still obtainable)

- Online-only

- Multiplayer-only

- Peripheral(s) required

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

I don't see the advantage of tagging story-related trophies. If people want that level of specific information, they can look at a guide. In my mind, the tags that should be visible up front are the "warning" tags that people want to know about before deciding to try the game:

I see what you mean, but a lot of people don't read guides before starting or they simply play without worrying and try to plat later, then get realize their mistake later on. As I mentioned above, tagging story related trophies would enable more people to use the 'hide secret trophies' filter to avoid spoilers. Some games like batman makes the story related trophies kind mysterious until achieved, but sadly that a minority of them

4 hours ago, Se7en said:

How about highlighting unattainable trophies with special tag and color code, something like that:

psnp-unattainable-trophy-highlight.png

There’re already forum threads with a lot of information about unattainable trophies on PS4, PS3 and Vita to add to PSNP database, which can be done by competent guys from Guide Team. Those topics can also be used for members’ feedback to mark more unattainable trophies in the future or un-tag the ones fixed by developers.

And if unattainable trophy is already completed by user, it should be regular green with time stamp instead.

Would also be nice if it said unattainable as of ....

2 hours ago, Sly Ripper said:

Truegamingnetwork has partially discontinued, discontinued, and unobtainable. PD is only obtainable for those who performed an action before it became unobtainable or the trophy is only obtainable on a specific game version. This would include that trophy some guy keeps flagging in FIFA 09 and the street smart stars in Smart As. D would mean no one can obtain the trophy any more after a certain date. This would include the online trophy in Darksiders II and the trophies in Deadman's Cross. U are trophies that were never legitimately obtainable due to the dlc not being released or a bug in the game's coding. This would include the burn zombie burn dlc and 3 trophies in Dragon Fine Soup.

I'd actually like a merger between the two sites :P they have a great database while this site has a beautiful layout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I'd actually like a merger between the two sites :P they have a great database while this site has a beautiful layout.

I couldn't agree more with this.

You are only allowed to give reputation 25 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today.

Damn like limitation. :shakefist: 

9 minutes ago, Jibril said:

This would include that trophy some guy keeps flagging in FIFA 09

What do you mean? As far as I'm aware, there is absolutely no way to get Real World Winner, regardless of your previous actions, past the server shutdown in 2011. Why only "partially discontinued"? How could someone legitimately unlock it nowadays?

Edited by NathanielJohn

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

What do you mean? As far as I'm aware, there is absolutely no way to get Real World Winner, regardless of your previous actions, past the server shutdown in 2011. Why only "partially discontinued"? How could someone legitimately unlock it nowadays?

For a while after one of the trophies became unobtainable, it would unlock randomly while playing a game. I have no way of verifying this, but people were saying this in the dispute threads before I stopped reading them.

2 hours ago, TerraTanium said:

I do want to ask how much work this would cost though. Someone would have to go through tons and tons of trophy lists just to check whether or not something is available to get no? Seems like a tough job but i would like to see it happen.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

While it might be tedious for relatively unknown games, the community is pretty good at spotting unobtainable trophies. I think most of them are known.

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

There would be helpful three threads with cumulative info about unattainable trophies on PS4, PS3 and Vita, which I linked in original post.

There are already threads for the 3 systems and (most) of the games with unobtainable trophies. It would just be a matter of taking the info from those threads and highlight the games themselves.

18 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

- Unobtainable

- Online-only

- Multiplayer-only

- Peripheral(s) required

These are very important tags for any trophy hunter.  Online and unobtainable are the main things I want to know about any game I am thinking of buying.  Currently, finding good/quick info on this can be difficult/time consuming.

Edited by dmsleight
  • Like 1

Maybe adding just a symbol? i dont like it if it gets to much text on multiple trophies. just a small warn symbol , and when you hover over it with mouse it shows you "unobtainable" or something like that.  Dont get me wrong , i love the idea , people can flag (maybe premium only for beginning) trophy as unobtainable , moderater or person in charge looks trough flags , maybe make some research and adds the symbol on the trophy.  And you can still flagg it again to remove symbol (maybe server opens again or something like that).

6 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

- Unobtainable

- Online-only

- Multiplayer-only

- Peripheral(s) required

I like these tags and they would be super helpful when I take a quick look at the trophy list before playing a game

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/17/2017 at 0:17 PM, NathanielJohn said:

In my mind, the tags that should be visible up front are the "warning" tags that people want to know about before deciding to try the game:

- Unobtainable

- Online-only

- Multiplayer-only

- Peripheral(s) required

Good selection of tags. 

Image result for gamer cat approves meme

9 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Any feeeback from any admis or moderator about this subject so far?

Are they interested to do something about it?

Surprised I didn't post on this thread before, but yeah I love this idea! It's exactly what I've been wanting to see for a while,

I should also add that on mouseover for "Currently Unattainable" it should give the reason that it's not obtainable, I think that would be a good idea. :dunno:

• Like 2