Oceanhorn PS Vita release

Yeah basically it's the story of every indie game.

Yeah Yeah don't worry we'll take it for sure, WEEE LOOOVE Vita"... Months later : Sorry we are not interested anymore, we can't really.

If this happens it would be like the 5Th-6Th times i see this in the last months? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eakalayci_ said:

I think that the PS Vita release will be the same date with the Switch because there both handhelds, so I guess we have to wait till the Switch release?

Switch is a brand New Console they want to "Use", Vita is not, more than likely we'll never see a Vita Version, it happens plenty of other times where an Indie game announced even on Vita goes out on Pc, maybe Ps4 and then "ops, sorry no more Plans on Vita forget what we said"....

1 hour ago, Sora9427 said:

Switch is a brand New Console they want to "Use", Vita is not, more than likely we'll never see a Vita Version, it happens plenty of other times where an Indie game announced even on Vita goes out on Pc, maybe Ps4 and then "ops, sorry no more Plans on Vita forget what we said"....

Makes me really sad that they are killing off such a great handheld. Everything about the Vita that has to do with marketing also sucks, like the memory cards, so fricking pricy, why? It seems that Sony is not going to get smarter any time sooner... sadly...

6 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Yeah basically it's the story of every indie game.

Yeah Yeah don't worry we'll take it for sure, WEEE LOOOVE Vita"... Months later : Sorry we are not interested anymore, we can't really.

Or alternatively, "yeah the Vita port is coming" followed by "It's here guys! Enjoy this barely playable crap of a port that crashes every 15 minutes!"

19 minutes ago, eakalayci_ said:

Makes me really sad that they are killing off such a great handheld. Everything about the Vita that has to do with marketing also sucks, like the memory cards, so fricking pricy, why? It seems that Sony is not going to get smarter any time sooner... sadly...

Sony doesn't care about Vita since 2013 pretty much.

Plus the Card yeah are a bit expensive but already a 16Gb for 40/50 € it's enough you don't need a 32 or 64 one, i have 7 games on now and mine is a 8 GB one.

The truth is that they some just says they'll release the game on every console possible than see that is enough on like the Main ones and they're done, they made their money -_-

14 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Or alternatively, "yeah the Vita port is coming" followed by "It's here guys! Enjoy this barely playable crap of a port that crashes every 15 minutes!"

No, not the case with this kind of Indies, they literally don't arrive, not even in bad conditions.

In Worst cases they just release a Fixed Ps4 Version and never Fix the Vita version, i would like to play wanderjhar on my Vita but i can't -_- 

14 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

No, not the case with this kind of Indies, they literally don't arrive, not even in bad conditions.

Dex and Salt & Sanctuary would like a word with you. Both very enjoyable PS4 indies that finally made their way to Vita in absolutely craptactular fashion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Ironically this is also being released on the Switch ...........

Well, the switch has a lot going for it. The units it sold were pretty good and it's expected to be continued after MK8: Deluxe releases.

I do hope Oceanhorn does come to the Vita soon now that I need a console for my commute to work. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FlareXV said:

Well, the switch has a lot going for it. The units it sold were pretty good and it's expected to be continued after MK8: Deluxe releases.

I do hope Oceanhorn does come to the Vita soon now that I need a console for my commute to work. 

... Have you considered using the Switch as your console for the commute? I hear it's getting Oceanhorn... xD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Dex and Salt & Sanctuary would like a word with you. Both very enjoyable PS4 indies that finally made their way to Vita in absolutely craptactular fashion.

Yeah, 2 Cases really wouldn't make me change my Mind and plus Dex i tried the Demo it could work even on a Gameboy for what kind of game it is if they want to xD

3 hours ago, FlareXV said:
3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Have you considered using the Switch as your console for the commute? I hear it's getting Oceanhorn... xD

Oceanhorn ......... the poor mans Zelda ........ now back to my Switch ?

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Oceanhorn ......... the poor mans Zelda ........ now back to my Switch 1f600.png

Yeah I didn't understand why Oceanhorn coming to the Switch was considered ironic by you, since you're not one of the "the Switch will fail harder than the Vita" weirdos... Is it because of this? That Oceanhorn is a Zelda clone while the Switch already has the real deal and the Vita could do with something more?

I'm hearing very conflicting things about the game by the way. In one event alone I see two people trying to argue it's worth playing against a couple of others saying it's very dull.

Anyways I'd like to see the game come to the Vita for anyone who wants it. The Vita could have been so much more, a Switch years before the Switch... If only it had gotten more love from Western developers (and from Sony themselves).

• Like 2

If it's going to be a shit port, I'd rather the game didn't come to Vita at all. I don't want another Salt and Sanctuary situation. Why these developers even announce a Vita version of their game when they clearly don't care is beyond me. It often gets handed off to a different studio and takes forever to come out anyway. I have to imagine the only reason they do it is because Sony are giving them a good incentive.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-04-19 at 9:59 AM, Undead Wolf said:

If it's going to be a shit port, I'd rather the game didn't come to Vita at all. I don't want another Salt and Sanctuary situation. Why these developers even announce a Vita version of their game when they clearly don't care is beyond me. It often gets handed off to a different studio and takes forever to come out anyway. I have to imagine the only reason they do it is because Sony are giving them a good incentive.

I doubt Sony is giving them any money to bring the ports to Vita.

I mean, Sony didn't even bother making Loco Roco for the Vita, and that game came out on the PSP.

Sony long ago abandoned the Vita, and I would have to assume any perks/financial incentives for developers are non-existent at this point.