HTA before Hard cleared?

MMDE

Instead of making a new thread, I will just change this thread to a new topic. ;) Feel free to address the old topic too though.

NEW TOPIC:

Can you beat hard time attack before you clear the game on hard? I've not been able to do this, either it be with new hard playthrough or at the 15th boss in the first playthrough on hard. But maybe there's a trick to hard time attack all of them before beating the game on hard? Why I'm asking is because I've found a lot of people who got all the hard time attack items before they've even finished the game on hard.

Thanks for any input! :) 

OLD TOPIC:

Can you get the trophy for getting all the fruits before climbing the shrine? A lot of people seems to have done this, many of those have other suspicious trophies, so I wonder.

Just to explain the paradox. There's several fruits required for the trophy at the top of the shrine. You get a trophy as you enter the garden where the fruits are.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmartinez8089 said:

No you can't. You need to climb the shrine first in order to get the rest of the fruits. Anyone who has the trophy for getting all the fruits before climbing the shrine is a cheater.

This is my thoughts as well.

I assume that you can't just get the fruit around the map, then climb up to get the rest? As in, I am then assuming that you wont have the right stamina for the climbs needed? Cause there's a few parts that have a long climb right?

I've not done it myself, so I am uncertain about the whole, climbing the shrine ordeal is all, so not sure if you can get away with climbing it and running dangerously low on stamina by the time you get to the top of the shrine.

26 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I assume that you can't just get the fruit around the map, then climb up to get the rest? As in, I am then assuming that you wont have the right stamina for the climbs needed? Cause there's a few parts that have a long climb right?

I've not done it myself, so I am uncertain about the whole, climbing the shrine ordeal is all, so not sure if you can get away with climbing it and running dangerously low on stamina by the time you get to the top of the shrine.

On PS2 there were exploits to do it, but on PS3 you have to basically play through the game multiple times to get enough stamina to climb the shrine. Collecting fruit alone won't do it. 

The reason for asking if it's possible to earn all fruit before climbing the shrine is because there is a trophy just for reaching the top of the shrine, and another for getting all fruit which includes the ones on top of the shrine. So it's not possible to legitimately get the all fruit trophy before earning the one for climbing the shrine. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gage said:

The reason for asking if it's possible to earn all fruit before climbing the shrine is because there is a trophy just for reaching the top of the shrine, and another for getting all fruit which includes the ones on top of the shrine. So it's not possible to legitimately get the all fruit trophy before earning the one for climbing the shrine. 

And while this is what I think is correct too, there are a lot of people who has got all fruits without first getting the shrine trophy. Honestly, I think they cheated, and I don't think it's glitchy. The first 1000 people out of 6000 that has got the platinum for this game had no such glitch happen to them. Then all of a sudden you can see people get all kinds of trophies out of order, this one included. I just want to make sure there's nothing I'm missing here, especially for those few cases where only this trophy is out of order, even though some might have great HTA speedruns! :) 

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, Gage said:

On PS2 there were exploits to do it, but on PS3 you have to basically play through the game multiple times to get enough stamina to climb the shrine. Collecting fruit alone won't do it. 

Ah, thanks for the answer too, as I was curious on it myself too in the end.  Granted, not sure if I will go and aim for that.  But yeah, was curious on the whole, stamina/fruit to climb the shrine as I pointed out if it was possible or not, but good to know, since as I said, I've not done it myself.

I don't even think I bothered with the fruit myself in the game, I know I've beaten it twice, getting the grip meter up as high as I could.

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, thanks for the answer too, as I was curious on it myself too in the end.  Granted, not sure if I will go and aim for that.  But yeah, was curious on the whole, stamina/fruit to climb the shrine as I pointed out if it was possible or not, but good to know, since as I said, I've not done it myself.

I don't even think I bothered with the fruit myself in the game, I know I've beaten it twice, getting the grip meter up as high as I could.

The climb itself is pretty fun. And you can do it with decent amount less than max stamina, but it does require a lot of stamina.

Ok, so here's another question. Can you do HTA before hard playthrough is completed? I just want to be sure.

Edited by MMDE

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

Ok, so here's another question. Can you do HTA before hard playthrough is completed? I just want to be sure.

No, time attacks are only available in NG+ on the difficulty they're for. So you have to finish Normal before you can do Normal Time Attack (and Hard difficulty) and you have to finish Hard before you can do Hard Time Attack. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 minute ago, Gengarbey said:

Yeah I know. I mean the hard new game. 

You gotta beat the game on Normal to unlock Hard, and Time Attack is only available in NG+. Normal and Hard are two different "modes".

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

You gotta beat the game on Normal to unlock Hard, and Time Attack is only available in NG+. Normal and Hard are two different "modes".

I thought there are also two Time Attack modes. One is normal after beating normal game and other is hard which requires you to beat the game on hard mode (not ng+) 

2 minutes ago, Gengarbey said:

I thought there are also two Time Attack modes. One is normal after beating normal game and other is hard which requires you to beat the game on hard mode (not ng+) 

There's no time attack mode. You go over to the statue of the boss at the temple where you start and "pray" to time attack the boss. This you can only do in NG+. You gotta beat the time for each boss in both Normal and Hard. You can try over and over as much as you like.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

you can start hard time attacks after playing the game on normal.

Play normal > start newgame+ hard > now you start hard time attacks instead of finishing hard playthrough first.

This is wrong AFAIK, but you may be confusing it with the new remaster for PS4. I can check later to be sure though.

NG+ is not something you select to start. NG+ is what you get to when you complete the game once. You can actually see what playthrough you're in IIRC. Like it will say a little number for which playthrough you are in, and HTA is only doable in playthrough 2 of Hard. You can choose to start a game in Normal or Hard. Time attack is only available in NG+. And you can only start a new game on Hard after you beat it once on Normal. Gotta do Normal before NTA and Hard, gotta do Hard before HTA.

EDIT:

Yes, I see you've only played the PS4 version. The PS4 version has a lot of changes. This thread is about the PS3 version. Started almost a year, by me, before the PS4 version was released. ;) 

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1