PS Vita Firmware Update v3.65 Released

Remilia Scarlet

The PS Vita system update 3.65 just released. It is unclear exactly what it changes but we do know it blocks ARK ePSP from working, meaning HENkaku users will no longer be able to access PlayStation®Network. However, VHBL still works. Colors do appear to be sharper and crisper, though this is speculation on my part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm assuming those are hacking/mod softwares? I got this today. Was wondering what it was about. Wish they'd put notes in for us to read, telling us what the update is for.

Ikr! Had to install it too. It would be really handy if they put a short description of what the update is for. Like on ps4 or something.. 

12 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

This. I think they used to do that but at some point it stopped for some reason.

I guess that Sony will never mention any hack/modding because it'd be a free advertising to these mods. The knowledge about these would spread via Sony's words.

2 hours ago, Nishikino Maki said:

but we do know it blocks ARK ePSP from working, meaning HENkaku users will no longer be able to access PlayStation00ae.pngNetwork

Correct me if I'm wrong but the blocking of ARK ePSP has nothing to do with Henkaku as ARK is more or less just a CFW for PSP-emulator of the Vita whereas Henkaku is a Native Exploit for the Vita giving you access to the whole device. And at least for the next two weeks or so Henkaku-users will be able to use the PSN thanks to version-spoofing.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I don't think Sony can say 'This update blocks hacked PS Vita from accessing PSN' in update description =D

I suppose so yeah, they wouldn't want to 'advertise' that. 

6 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

I joined Vita Island yesterday for the first time so update doesn't bother me:P Boy do I have some vita game catching up to do

Nice! What games are you planning on playing? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueBerry_1337 said:

I suppose so yeah, they wouldn't want to 'advertise' that. 

Nice! What games are you planning on playing? 

Firstly the easy plats.(Did the Sound Shapes Cross save as soon as i had it in my hands?) Busy with Walking Dead Season 1. Mainly want to play Raymen Legends and Origins, Uncharted, Killzone and try to discovery some hidden gems. Got Rugby 15(not my thing), ModNation racers, Motorstorm RC and a few others for free. Besides I've got the backlog of 2 YEARS OF THE FREE PSN+ games I've saved as well:facepalm:. Severed is another one I'm excited for.

I think it just stops 1 hack, I'm not sure if there's any improvement on the system though. I'll get it done for the vita/tv and vita tonight. I've read that it won't kill the "whitlelist" for the vita tv and let's face it, that's hardly a crime.

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

Firstly the easy plats.(Did the Sound Shapes Cross save as soon as i had it in my hands1f602.png) Busy with Walking Dead Season 1. Mainly want to play Raymen Legends and Origins, Uncharted, Killzone and try to discovery some hidden gems. Got Rugby 15(not my thing), ModNation racers, Motorstorm RC and a few others for free. Besides I've got the backlog of 2 YEARS OF THE FREE PSN+ games I've saved as well:facepalm:. Severed is another one I'm excited for.

Severed does look cool, you should also play broken age was also free on psplus. Most of the games on vita are also available on other consoles so you've probably played most of them at some time. Another must play are the danganronpa games (also available on ps4 now but still) Also I must mention that jrpgs are cheaper on vita if youre interested in that.

so i finally entered the new update (was busy with persona 5) and noticing the sharper colors to, especially on my oled it looks even more beautiful then before, nice that sony finally does a update that makes the vita even better, then only removing functions