Terarded

Is the Corpse Party anime sufficient backstory to play Blood Drive?

11 posts in this topic

The first games are not available in my country on PSN so im halfway through watching that 4 part anime series. Will this give me the backstory needed to play Corpse Drive?

Also i think the anime only covers the first game, is the second game needed story-wise? Really want to play this series :P

To enjoy Blood Drive properly, you need to be familliar with the series (and I mean familliar, it's one of those games geared primarily toward the fanbase), and the anime adaptation isn't a best way to experience the first game, at all.

Playing the previous games is a must, I'm afraid.

On 19/04/2017 at 11:32 PM, NetEntity said:

To enjoy Blood Drive properly, you need to be familliar with the series (and I mean familliar, it's one of those games geared primarily toward the fanbase), and the anime adaptation isn't a best way to experience the first game, at all.

Playing the previous games is a must, I'm afraid.

Aww i was afraid thatd be the case. Guess ill have to grab the PC version before it then. Thanks for your reply

Obviously not.

Anime is actually just a randomly put up spin-off =)

As NetEntity said, you need to be familiar with the series to actually enjoy Blood Drive.

And being familiar means both Corpse Party and Book of Shadows.

I really wish the Anime was like 12 episodes.... its backstory is really interesting how things got the way they are, more horror, more gore, scarier...4 episodes is just an appetizer. I am finally jumping into my Vita backlog and playing Blood Drive...really enjoying it, but goddamn!!! this game could have used better menus that dont screw up with the immersion! and a map!!! FOR god sakes...a MAP!!!!

1 hour ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

I really wish the Anime was like 12 episodes.... 

it would still suck compared to game imo

1 hour ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

I really wish the Anime was like 12 episodes.... its backstory is really interesting how things got the way they are, more horror, more gore, scarier...4 episodes is just an appetizer.

Have you played PSP games? 

Anime isn't supposed to serve you the story you need to play Blood Drive.

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Have you played PSP games? 

Anime isn't supposed to serve you the story you need to play Blood Drive.

Yup I have played the PSP games, is how i fell in love with this series, 10/10 will always prefer to playing the games, but it wouldnt hurt to have a great anime to go with it, 4 episodes is ridiculous, I played Persona 4, beaten that, loved that game to death, love the story, characters, music, even with an anime that has a lot of episodes. I prefer playing the game every single time. 

7 hours ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Yup I have played the PSP games, is how i fell in love with this series, 10/10 will always prefer to playing the games, but it wouldnt hurt to have a great anime to go with it, 4 episodes is ridiculous, I played Persona 4, beaten that, loved that game to death, love the story, characters, music, even with an anime that has a lot of episodes. I prefer playing the game every single time. 

Wow, finally someone who actually has the required base knowledge before playing BD =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wow, finally someone who actually has the required base knowledge before playing BD =D

I will take that as a compliment! If i am playing a game that might be the 3rd in the series, i would rather play the first two before jumping in to understand backgrounds, story, environments, for example, Silent Hill 2, doesnt really require Silent Hill 1 to play since its a standalone story, but to get the full experience i rather play Silent Hill 1 to get a better understanding of what am i getting myself into. 

5 hours ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

I will take that as a compliment! If i am playing a game that might be the 3rd in the series, i would rather play the first two before jumping in to understand backgrounds, story, environments, for example, Silent Hill 2, doesnt really require Silent Hill 1 to play since its a standalone story, but to get the full experience i rather play Silent Hill 1 to get a better understanding of what am i getting myself into. 

Brilliant attitude! 

You should definitely take it as a compliment :)