Critical Competitor Question

Not sure who will respond to this, but I don't know if this has been asked yet and every bit of research I do doesn't give me jackdaw in answers.

I have to bring up this question again because I saw somebody doing a platinum speed-run of the game and he did things a bit different: He completed the stories of Terra and Ventus on Begineer and then did a Level 1 Critical of Aqua's story and the Final Episode. He then get 100% Reports for Terra and Ventus on Begineer and 100% Reports of Aqua on Critical then started Terra and Ventus on Critical. Does this work?

1. Play through the stories of Terra and Ventus on Beginner
  2. Play through the story of Aqua on Critical
  3. Get through the Final Episode
  4. 100% Reports on Terra and Ventus, then on Aqua
  5. Delete your Terra and Ventus files and redo the stories on Critical
  6. Secret Episode

I am sure the Final Episode is on Critical because Aqua's the main character there, but would replacing the Terra and Ventus Files before creating the Secret Episode make the Secret Episode Critical and thus pop the CC trophy? (I know it's probably obvious since the runner completed his run and must have gotten the platinum and CC but I need verification here before I attempt to do the same thing.) It's not that I can't do Crit - in fact, on my old account I was successful in getting Crticial Competitor and none of the characters near Level 40.

45 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

AFAIK you need to complete the stories of Terra, Ven, and Aqua on critical (the order of these doesn't matter), then do the final episode followed by the secret episode to unlock Critical Competitor.

Yes, I know you have to do that, but the speed-run I saw had the runner play Terra and Ventus on Beginner, get their reports to 100%, then delete those files and redo the stories on Critical. If I did that and then unlocked Secret Episode by redoing Final Episode, would that make Secret Episode be on Beginner difficulty or Critical? I'm confused.

6 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Yes, I know you have to do that, but the speed-run I saw had the runner play Terra and Ventus on Beginner, get their reports to 100%, then delete those files and redo the stories on Critical. If I did that and then unlocked Secret Episode by redoing Final Episode, would that make Secret Episode be on Beginner difficulty or Critical? I'm confused.

It sounds to me like the speedrunner still did Terra and Ven's story on Critical, the only difference is it was done after the final episode. 

37 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It sounds to me like the speedrunner still did Terra and Ven's story on Critical, the only difference is it was done after the final episode. 

Not much of an answer, but I guess I should really be trusting the videos - I haven't seen all of them(they are a total of 1.5 days long) but I'll give it a check. It'll really help my platinum journey there if I can just delete the old save files and replace them with new ones at the proper difficulty once I got the Adventurer trophies. :)

26 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Not much of an answer, but I guess I should really be trusting the videos - I haven't seen all of them(they are a total of 1.5 days long) but I'll give it a check. It'll really help my platinum journey there if I can just delete the old save files and replace them with new ones at the proper difficulty once I got the Adventurer trophies. :)

Why's that? The adventurer trophies have nothing to do with beating the game on Critical, so it shouldn't matter if those were obtained on a different difficulty.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Why's that? The adventurer trophies have nothing to do with beating the game on Critical, so it shouldn't matter if those were obtained on a different difficulty.

Matter of preference - I'd rage-quit if I had to do the Mysterious Figure fight at Critical. I'm just not great at Critical mode because it's very dangerous and you die a lot.

• 1 year later...
On 20.4.2017 at 1:20 AM, NebbyLunala said:

I know your post is a bid old but did it work? Or someone else here who can help?

I've beaten Terra on normal and Ven on critical. With Aqua I also started on critical and now I'm near the endfight. These are also the ones I want to do the 100% reports (I don't want to beat MF with Terra on critical). I know I have to beat Terra on critical as well for the critical competitor trophy, but I've read there can be problems if you still have another difficulty save so I want to avoid any problems. In what order should I do the rest? 1. Just playing Terra on critical before the ending with Aqua? Or 2. After Aquas ending but before finishing final episode and deleting the normal save? Or 3. Is there another recommendation to avoid critical competitor problems?

Edited by Savyna