PSA: Deformers is Free with Gamestop PUR

DistantFox

If you have a power up rewards card, you can click the following link for information on how to get the game for free. I don't know how long this will last though.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/362520-free-copy-of-deformers-for-ps4-pc/

Also, you can get 2 codes; One for PS4, and one for PC.

Edited by OhDearGodRun
  • Like 2

I forgot there was a little flyer at the job that said this. I'm surprised the code sent so fast.. The last free code employees got (Dishonored) took ages for them to send the email with the code... The slightly weird thing was that you had to prove that you were an employee for the last that code. This one, like you said, you just need to be a PUR member.. it's funny too because this was one of the games we were lightly shoved to push on customers.

Wow... I wasn't expecting it to work.  Seems like GameStop is going to have to beg the dev for forgiveness after this screw up and reimburse them for sales lost.

Also, I don't think that this can jeopardize your PUR account either since an automatic system like this is set up manually.

Edit: Eh, messaged the devs and GS to let them know.  Only one person on the GS Twitter post seemed to know what to do.

Edited by Jounochi

14 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

Wow... I wasn't expecting it to work.  Seems like GameStop is going to have to beg the dev for forgiveness after this screw up and reimburse them for sales lost.

Also, I don't think that this can jeopardize your PUR account either since an automatic system like this is set up manually.

Gamestop is helping with publishing.  This is likely to draw in a bigger player base at launch.

4 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Gamestop is helping with publishing.  This is likely to draw in a bigger player base at launch.

I can see them doing this a week or month after launch if the wanted to bring in fresh players, but the launch of a game is generally when it generates the most money.

I dunno, Maybe you're right.