DistantFox

PSA: Deformers is Free with Gamestop PUR

21 posts in this topic

If you have a power up rewards card, you can click the following link for information on how to get the game for free. I don't know how long this will last though.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/362520-free-copy-of-deformers-for-ps4-pc/

Also, you can get 2 codes; One for PS4, and one for PC.

Edited by OhDearGodRun

I forgot there was a little flyer at the job that said this. I'm surprised the code sent so fast.. The last free code employees got (Dishonored) took ages for them to send the email with the code... The slightly weird thing was that you had to prove that you were an employee for the last that code. This one, like you said, you just need to be a PUR member.. it's funny too because this was one of the games we were lightly shoved to push on customers.

I can't get it to work for whatever reason.

I'm pretty sure this was only intended for employees and is a glitch in the system. So I suggest not using your main PUR account.

Got my code, 

I thought about the possible consequences but then I remembered that GameStop sales are usually garbage as is their membership.  If my prime or gcu was maybe in jeopardy then maybe I wouldn't download but it's GameStop not Best Buy or Amazon.

I have a US PSN account but can't get a code because I live outside the US, apparently you can get two codes from one account, I hate to beg but I don't suppose anyone could PM me a spare PS4 code pretty please?

Thanks for the info, any chance to screw GameStop is greatly appreciated. Although I do feel bad for the developer for sure. Trusting GameStop and then this happens, that's gotta suck.

nevermind.

Edited by Yoey_666

I do feel bad for Ready At Dawn, but you'd think Gamestop would've made this harder to exploit

So I have a PUR account, but can't remember the password....... Damn. I'm not even sure that I'm using the right email. If anyone has a PS4 code that they don't want, could you PM me? Thanks in advance

Edited by rubhen925

Wow... I wasn't expecting it to work.  Seems like GameStop is going to have to beg the dev for forgiveness after this screw up and reimburse them for sales lost.

Also, I don't think that this can jeopardize your PUR account either since an automatic system like this is set up manually.

Edit: Eh, messaged the devs and GS to let them know.  Only one person on the GS Twitter post seemed to know what to do.

Edited by Jounochi

Don't have an account with GameSpot either. If someone can get 2 codes, feel free to PM me :-) Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

Wow... I wasn't expecting it to work.  Seems like GameStop is going to have to beg the dev for forgiveness after this screw up and reimburse them for sales lost.

Also, I don't think that this can jeopardize your PUR account either since an automatic system like this is set up manually.

Gamestop is helping with publishing.  This is likely to draw in a bigger player base at launch.

4 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Gamestop is helping with publishing.  This is likely to draw in a bigger player base at launch.

I can see them doing this a week or month after launch if the wanted to bring in fresh players, but the launch of a game is generally when it generates the most money.

I dunno, Maybe you're right.

Gives me a server error every time I try to login my PUR account. Even from the main site.

9 minutes ago, skateak said:

Gives me a server error every time I try to login my PUR account. Even from the main site.

Yep I tried logging back into my gamestop account and I keep getting errors. Welp looks like I'm not getting this.

In Canada so can't access PUR.  If anybody has a spare PS4 code it would be appreciated ☺️