Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

8 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

A popularity contest? Get on everybody's good side?........(throws hands up in the air)...Well I'm screwed. :P

The setup of having the jury decide the winner is one of the aspects that added drama to the television show. You had to walk a fine line because sometimes it makes sense (or even necessary) to screw someone over or break an alliance but at the same time those same people you just stabbed in the back are the ones voting on the winner and ultimately determining your fate. Couch already summarized this but people can have different motivations when voting. Some might vote against you out of spite or payback for stabbing them in the back, some might not take it personal and vote for you out of respect for how you played the game, sometimes it can be choosing the lesser of two evils, sometimes people just vote for their favorite or their friends.

Similar to the show, being the best in the physical competitions (or trophies in this event) isn't the major factor in winning. Sure it plays a part but the social aspect is just as important if not more so. Might be difficult to capture that quality in a forum event. Could get kind of boring if nobody screws anyone or there aren't any twists but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. 

I'm hoping there's all kinds of drama or isn't a survivor event lol. And don't forget there's a cash prize. I'd be willing to backstab people for that :)

• Like 1

A popularity contest? Well yes and no, it's more like a don't make any enemies contest in my opinion. Make yourself unmissable and you'll stay in long. Piss people off and you'll get kicked out quickly. That's the game!

Also: yay for the timechange, that helps me out quite well seeing I'm living in Europe :)

PS: My girlfriend is huge fan of the colour red, so could it be possible to put me in the red team, if not she risks sabotaging my game and we don't want that!

40 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Is it okay to play a game I might not earn many, or any, trophies in during the test week? I don't want to burn trophies if it doesn't count for anything.

For the test week (and any week, technically) you are under absolutely no obligation to earn any trophies. You might be viewed as a liability to your team if you do this during an actual game week and therefore risk being voted out, but it's not impossible for someone who earns zero trophies for the entire event to make it to the end.

• Like 1

Righty, this show will soon be on the roll and I just wanted to get a feel on how people are feeling for the event.

I for one am excited and intrigued to see what happens, @Couch's idea for a Survivor Style trophy event is probably the most unique event I've seen on the forums. I really want this to succeed and for everyone to delve into it completely.

I know that if I was participating, I might have to come up with a persona and see how that pans out in the event :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Righty, this show will soon be on the roll and I just wanted to get a feel on how people are feeling for the event.

I for one am excited and intrigued to see what happens, @Couch's idea for a Survivor Style trophy event is probably the most unique event I've seen on the forums. I really want this to succeed and for everyone to delve into it completely.

I know that if I was participating, I might have to come up with a persona and see how that pans out in the event :)

This event suits my strengths well. I for one am excited to see how this unfolds.

• Like 2

Hello Everyone...Hope all is well.

With just shy of 24 hours before we start the preliminary round I wanted to inform you of some changes to the OP. We're trying to luck this down so there's no questions come the start of the event. I've outlined the major changes in bold below that were made in the OP

*****Keep in mind this is based off a television event where surprises and twists happen. Just like in the show, there are a couple things planned in this event that will happen to give the jaw drop or awe and shock affect. You've been warned :) ***********

Hidden Immunity Idols - These suckers can be used at tribal council. You will play them after each person is voted if you feel like you will be eliminated. I will ask if you want to use it prior to reading the votes. If it is played the person with the next highest number of votes will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, the person who has had the most votes against them in previous tribal councils will be eliminated i.e. If one player has more prior votes than the other(s,) then they are eliminated. In the event of a second tie, if all tied players received the same number of prior votes, we move to their cumulative point totals across all events held so far in the competition. The player with the least points across all events is eliminated. In the event of a third tie, pray to RNGesus because it's coming down to a RNG.

Immediately following the reward challenge is when the admins will count the scores as day four will be a "break" day from trophy hunting. The reward will be added to the winning teams score at the end of the immunity round.

Day 1 will be announcements and prepping for reward and challenge round. I’ll tell you what I’m looking for in those two rounds in terms of what trophies will be worth points and whatnot.

Day 2/3 – Reward challenge. This will be a two day event. Teams will hunt getting the trophies specific for that round. Accounts must be synched by end of day 3 and the winner will get a bonus towards the immunity challenge.

Day 4 - "Break" day - put in for admins to count scores and for teams to "prep" for immunity round

Day 5/6 – Immunity challenge. This will also be a two day event. Teams will hunt getting the trophies specific for that challenge and winning team will be safe. Losing team goes to tribal council where someone is eliminated.

Day 7 – Tribal council. Teams vote to eliminate a member this day. Once votes are in, I’ll ask about hidden immunity Idol. If someone wants to play it, now is the time.

Rewards:

Bragging rights for one. There will also be a cash award.

1st place - $100.00 US Dollars

2nd place - $30.00 US Dollars

Jury Members - $10.00 US dollars each- If they do not vote in the final vote, they forfeit their winnings.

Updated the Timezone to say GMT

Updated the clock to have the correct start time of the real event

I know it's alot to take in but make sure you're comfortable with all the rules and don't have any questions. This week is the time to ask them and get comfortable because next week is the real deal. Please note as well that I will be sending out private messages to all of you this week confirming your spot on the roster. It will also include Psy and Andrea and this message so everyone is on the same team all the time. We want this to go off without a hitch and avoid any confusion.

I think that's everything at the moment. See you guys in 24 hours :)

• Like 3

One more edit to the OP:

In the event of a tie during a reward/immunity challenge, here are the tiebreaker rules:

For team challenges: (tiebreaker 1) team with the most platinums wins -> (tiebreaker 2) team with the highest individual score wins ->(tiebreaker 3) random chance

For solo challenges: (tiebreaker 1) player with the most platinums wins -> (tiebreaker 2) player who last earned a trophy wins -> (tiebreaker 3) random chance

Note: Not all events will use this format. i.e, a reward challenge that is based on how many platinums are earned, in an event of a tie, the second tiebreaker(tiebreaker 2) rule would be used.

2 hours ago, Couch said:

@MidnightCJ, you've been called into battle and will be replacing Zomb1e_Kira if he accepts?

I can't. Actually, I only joined because Andrea said I should. But I don't think I can handle an event like this so if it's not too much, I'd like to revoke my status as backup and leave the event. Sorry. :(

Edited by MidnightCJ

6 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I can't. Actually, I only joined because Andrea said I should. But I don't think I can handle an event like this so if it's not too much, I'd like to revoke my status as backup and leave the event. Sorry. :(

The punches keep coming. No worries.

@Emma8910, you're up. Do you accept Zombie's spot on the roster?

The preliminary reward challenge has begun!

Both teams have the next 48 hours to earn as many trophies as they can, with all trophies being worth 1 point regardless of type or rarity. The winning team this round receives a 10 point bonus to their score in this week's preliminary immunity challenge.

Survivors ready?

Go!

• Like 4

Been a little quiet around here. Hopefully the results from the reward challenge start to "spark" some interest. Today is Day 4 of the preliminary round. This is the "break" day to prepare for the immunity round as well as for us to count scores.

I'll let you know when we have the results.