Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Awesome and creative idea for a contest @Couch, @Psy-Tychist! I basically have about three months off from studies and work starting at the end of May so the timing of this event is perfect :D! I'd love to sign up for this! I hope enough people will sign up :)

30 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

This looks like it could be fun, sign me up.

14 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Brilliant idea for an event :D! I just so happen to have those three months off so I'm in 100%.

Welcome folks. All of you are welcome to join. I've played/competed with each of you in the past and happy to have you. I'll add you to the contestants list :)

• Like 3

Hi Couch,

I really love your events, the reason I haven't signed up for one of them before is that I don't like to be forced to buy something, I have enough unplayed games already as it is.

So if you'd accept me I'd like to participate in this one. I like the concept and want to be a part of this!

20 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

Hi Couch,

I really love your events, the reason I haven't signed up for one of them before is that I don't like to be forced to buy something, I have enough unplayed games already as it is.

So if you'd accept me I'd like to participate in this one. I like the concept and want to be a part of this!

Hello Fredoline05. I myself haven't seen you around here before but I checked out your posts, your rep and I'd be happy to have you. I'm not requiring anyone to buy any games for this event yes, however some of the challenges will require you to have a certain genre of a game. I forgot to mention this in the OP so those who have signed up, if this changes your mind, please let me know.

Those genres are first and third person shooters, hack and slash, racing and sports. Again, you don't need to buy them, but if you don't earn trophies when that round comes around, may not be safe.

13 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Seems like this will be interesting and alot of fun I would like to sign up

I need to know for sure that you're going to post on this site when the time is needed. You're very quiet in both the C2 league and the current season of Elimination chamber that's going on.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Just saw the banner, damn that thing looks good :P! I like it a lot.

Looking forward to this event :D!

teehee I was extremely happy to see the outcome of Floriiss handy work. Glad I was pointed in his direction by some folks :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Couch said:

Those genres are first and third person shooters, hack and slash, racing and sports. Again, you don't need to buy them, but if you don't earn trophies when that round comes around, may not be safe.

That's great! I thoroughly enjoy all of those genres (except sports, but I'm sure I can find something). I can't wait for the event to get started. 

The banner looks awesome by the way. 

• Like 2

Like I mentioned in the C2 chat I will decide if I want to join this in late May after the Olympics.

For now, a few questions:

Can the hidden immunity idol be used on players other than the idol's owner?

How involved will the final 2 be? Will the jury get to ask questions/finalists make speeches?

As far as suggestions/feedback it might not be a bad idea to swap the tribes at least once prior to merging and doing individual immunity challenges. This is done to decrease the odds of the tribe with the most players at the merge from wanting to pick off the smaller tribe one by one until they are all gone, since they will have alliances and connections with both tribes.

An idea for one of the individual immunity challenges: an endurance competition set over the span of the 48 hours. Competitors must earn at least one trophy every hour to stay in the competition. If you fail to earn a trophy in an hour period, you are eliminated. If more than one player makes it to the end earning a trophy all 48 hours, then the winner is the one who earned the most aggregate trophies.

The reward challenge for that week could be a mercy period (4-6 hours) where the reward winner doesn't need to earn trophies (hour to be chosen by the reward winner, to help account for time zones or prior commitments.)

1 minute ago, Andrea said:

Like I mentioned in the C2 chat I will decide if I want to join this in late May after the Olympics.

For now, a few questions:

Can the hidden immunity idol be used on players other than the idol's owner?

How involved will the final 2 be? Will the jury get to ask questions/finalists make speeches?

As far as suggestions/feedback it might not be a bad idea to swap the tribes at least once prior to merging and doing individual immunity challenges. This is done to decrease the odds of the tribe with the most players at the merge from wanting to pick off the smaller tribe one by one until they are all gone, since they will have alliances and connections with both tribes.

An idea for one of the individual immunity challenges: an endurance competition set over the span of the 48 hours. Competitors must earn at least one trophy every hour to stay in the competition. If you fail to earn a trophy in an hour period, you are eliminated. If more than one player makes it to the end earning a trophy all 48 hours, then the winner is the one who earned the most aggregate trophies.

The reward challenge for that week could be a mercy period (4-6 hours) where the reward winner doesn't need to earn trophies (hour to be chosen by the reward winner, to help account for time zones or prior commitments.)

Spots are available until they aren't lol 

A person with an immunity idol can use it on someone else if they please. A great strategy that can backfire on you as well :) My favorite contestant of all time earned immunity and then played two idols to save his two mates to eliminate someone from a different alliance. Greatest survivor moment in history Imo.

Once we get to the final two, that's exactly how it will work. The last week will be the jury asking questions to the final two, final two speeches and then the vote. 

I have plans in place incase one team is starting to pull ahead as well as at the merge to avoid strongholds.

I'm digging your idea there for that round and may use that instead of one of my only games instead genre count weeks. I have all 15 weeks planned out in terms of what is done for reward/immunity rounds but please feel free to add more ideas as it makes it more exciting. 

4 minutes ago, Couch said:

Spots are available until they aren't lol 

A person with an immunity idol can use it on someone else if they please. A great strategy that can backfire on you as well :) My favorite contestant of all time earned immunity and then played two idols to save his two mates to eliminate someone from a different alliance. Greatest survivor moment in history Imo.

Once we get to the final two, that's exactly how it will work. The last week will be the jury asking questions to the final two, final two speeches and then the vote. 

I have plans in place incase one team is starting to pull ahead as well as at the merge to avoid strongholds.

I'm digging your idea there for that round and may use that instead of one of my only games instead genre count weeks. I have all 15 weeks planned out in terms of what is done for reward/immunity rounds but please feel free to add more ideas as it makes it more exciting. 

Yeah I know, but I'd rather not compete than be so burned out that I grab 16th place lol. I might feel differently when 14 people have signed up, who knows.

I feel like this either happened with Malcolm or Russell Hantz but I don't know for sure :P Malcolm is one of my favs, Russell not so much.

Good to hear, it adds a lot I think.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else, it could also be modified by making it an increasing amount (1 trophy hour 1, 2 trophies hour 2 so on) but I think either way it's sort of a callback to the survivor challenges that are like holding onto poles or balancing on beams.

• Like 1

This looks like it could be fun and I'd like to sign up if possible. I enjoyed the first few seasons of Survivor and I love trophies so this seems to be a perfect mix. I've observed some of your other events but either wasn't invited (:() or didn't own specific games that were required for the event. Have a decent sized backlog right now so hopefully I have games to choose from for each genre or challenge.

Things could get very interesting with a Survivor style event. I'm already looking forward to it. With the likes of @HcG Clawz and @Lucas joining the event, we'll have to keep an eye on the Dutch Alliance. Watch your backs everybody. :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Awesome and creative idea for a contest @Couch, @Psy-Tychist! I basically have about three months off from studies and work starting at the end of May so the timing of this event is perfect :D! I'd love to sign up for this! I hope enough people will sign up :)

Well with this pleb signing up, i guess i have no choice but to sign up as well. Been waiting for an event to kick him off his high horse.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Who would have thought never having watched an episode of Survivor would come back to bite me.

So sounds like a person who scores a lot of trophies, plays a wide array of games, is good at manipulating people into doing what he wants, happy to fling shit at others, can sacrifice anyone at anytime and has an over arching wicked savage sense of humour would fit in perfectly....... will let you know if I meet anyone like that ?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

So sounds like a person who scores a lot of trophies, plays a wide array of games, is good at manipulating people into doing what he wants, happy to fling shit at others, can sacrifice anyone at anytime and has an over arching wicked savage sense of humour would fit in perfectly....... will let you know if I meet anyone like that 1f61c.png

I'm waiting for the Mwahaha to echo through the castle and dungeon chambers...

2 hours ago, Andrea said:

Yeah I know, but I'd rather not compete than be so burned out that I grab 16th place lol. I might feel differently when 14 people have signed up, who knows.

I feel like this either happened with Malcolm or Russell Hantz but I don't know for sure :P Malcolm is one of my favs, Russell not so much.

Good to hear, it adds a lot I think.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else, it could also be modified by making it an increasing amount (1 trophy hour 1, 2 trophies hour 2 so on) but I think either way it's sort of a callback to the survivor challenges that are like holding onto poles or balancing on beams.

It was Malcolm. My favorite player of all time. Absolutely hated Russell. He was good at the game but couldn't stand the guy. Kinda like Boston Rob. Ugh

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Sounds like an interesting event @Couch so I'll be keeping an eye on how it's going. Also just how much do you love counting trophies :P

I enjoy it. Always happy to count, it means it's running well. 

1 hour ago, MStalker58 said:

This looks like it could be fun and I'd like to sign up if possible. I enjoyed the first few seasons of Survivor and I love trophies so this seems to be a perfect mix. I've observed some of your other events but either wasn't invited (:() or didn't own specific games that were required for the event. Have a decent sized backlog right now so hopefully I have games to choose from for each genre or challenge.

Things could get very interesting with a Survivor style event. I'm already looking forward to it. With the likes of @HcG Clawz and @Lucas joining the event, we'll have to keep an eye on the Dutch Alliance. Watch your backs everybody. :P

My elimination chamber events are always open to anyone, you just had to be willing to put up some money each month for a game. C2 league, CJ and I sent out invitations to certain peeps. We went from 14-15 people first season to 21 this season. I'm assuming season 3 will be even larger. You may get the invite :)p 

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Well with this pleb signing up, i guess i have no choice but to sign up as well. Been waiting for an event to kick him off his high horse.

Well I hope this is the event to do it. I'll sign you and stalker up. 

21 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Who would have thought never having watched an episode of Survivor would come back to bite me.

So sounds like a person who scores a lot of trophies, plays a wide array of games, is good at manipulating people into doing what he wants, happy to fling shit at others, can sacrifice anyone at anytime and has an over arching wicked savage sense of humour would fit in perfectly....... will let you know if I meet anyone like that 1f61c.png

Hmm interesting. I feel like I know someone like this. I don't know that he sacrifices peeps though. He deleted them and adds them back a few weeks later :)p

6 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm waiting for the Mwahaha to echo through the castle and dungeon chambers...

Mwahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Couch said:

I need to know for sure that you're going to post on this site when the time is needed. You're very quiet in both the C2 league and the current season of Elimination chamber that's going on.

Yes I will be more active in posting I do follow the threads just don't post much but I try to check at least 3 times a day