Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

55 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Its all about the long game, they never see it coming ....... twice

27 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Yes I will be more active in posting I do follow the threads just don't post much but I try to check at least 3 times a day

OK. Don't make me regret it :)p

18 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Oh mah gahd can this really be happening. Sign me up man, by the way haven't even read it yet but a Couch event is an event I'm in no matter what ;)

Haha. Question is will you finish a game lmao

1 minute ago, spazza136 said:

I'll give it a go, as long as there's no sand and salt water involved. 

Always welcome sir spazza

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

This is my time. My moment. The day will come where I will finally win a Couch event. This is that event. Be ready. #Nogg4President 

Haha haha ha hahaha

Brought me to tears 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Wow with all those big names signing up I just hope I can survive for a while here. Long live the underdogs!

It's not just about earning trophies. Remember that. There is ton of strategy involved here as well. 

9 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Wow with all those big names signing up I just hope I can survive for a while here. Long live the underdogs!

This is one of those competitions where earning the most trophies isn't the biggest factor in winning. Actually, it could be a disadvantage. Maybe some members form an alliance and vote out the toughest competition. Or maybe you can form an alliance with some people who you think can make it to the finals and then stab them in the back at right time. Depending on how the game is played and how committed and strategic everyone wants to be, this could get interesting. I could see some friendships being tested by the competition. :popcorn:

I don't even care about winning that much. I just want to at least make it onto the jury. That's where the drama and power is. Going to go ahead and throw this out there....I'm not above taking bribes. :P

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Andrea said:

Like I mentioned in the C2 chat I will decide if I want to join this in late May after the Olympics.

For now, a few questions:

Can the hidden immunity idol be used on players other than the idol's owner?

How involved will the final 2 be? Will the jury get to ask questions/finalists make speeches?

As far as suggestions/feedback it might not be a bad idea to swap the tribes at least once prior to merging and doing individual immunity challenges. This is done to decrease the odds of the tribe with the most players at the merge from wanting to pick off the smaller tribe one by one until they are all gone, since they will have alliances and connections with both tribes.

An idea for one of the individual immunity challenges: an endurance competition set over the span of the 48 hours. Competitors must earn at least one trophy every hour to stay in the competition. If you fail to earn a trophy in an hour period, you are eliminated. If more than one player makes it to the end earning a trophy all 48 hours, then the winner is the one who earned the most aggregate trophies.

The reward challenge for that week could be a mercy period (4-6 hours) where the reward winner doesn't need to earn trophies (hour to be chosen by the reward winner, to help account for time zones or prior commitments.)

That 48 hour challenge would be very difficult and unfair because most of us have jobs and can't play for 48 hours straight not to mention we also sleep haha 

Also picking off competition and weak links is the way survivor works thats why alliances are mad and even double alliances but good ideas I think 

2 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

That 48 hour challenge would be very difficult and unfair because most of us have jobs and can't play for 48 hours straight not to mention we also sleep haha 

Also picking off competition and weak links is the way survivor works thats why alliances are mad and even double alliances but good ideas I think 

Lol you signed up for survivor. There are going to be alot of crazy rounds. I've already incorporated this idea. Get some sleep :)

44 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

This is one of those competitions where earning the most trophies isn't the biggest factor in winning. Actually, it could be a disadvantage. Maybe some members form an alliance and vote out the toughest competition. Or maybe you can form an alliance with some people who you think can make it to the finals and then stab them in the back at right time. Depending on how the game is played and how committed and strategic everyone wants to be, this could get interesting. I could see some friendships being tested by the competition. :popcorn:

I don't even care about winning that much. I just want to at least make it onto the jury. That's where the drama and power is. Going to go ahead and throw this out there....I'm not above taking bribes. :P

No bribes LMAO

5 minutes ago, Couch said:

Lol you signed up for survivor. There are going to be alot of crazy rounds. I've already incorporated this idea. Get some sleep :)

No bribes LMAO

Hey I wasn't worried about me haha I can play during work if I so choose to and for sleep well I've gone 36 hours without sleep long as it falls on a weekend ill be good but during the week I do total care and definitely need sleep prior but yes survivor is the name of the game so challenges will be everywhere haha so mark will you be competing in this ?

I was wondering how will the hidden immunity idol work?

19 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Hey I wasn't worried about me haha I can play during work if I so choose to and for sleep well I've gone 36 hours without sleep long as it falls on a weekend ill be good but during the week I do total care and definitely need sleep prior but yes survivor is the name of the game so challenges will be everywhere haha so mark will you be competing in this ?

I was wondering how will the hidden immunity idol work?

It's starting on June 1st which is a Thursday. So Friday and Saturday will typically be reward challenge. Sunday Monday will be immunity challenge. Tuesday Wednesday will be tribal council. 

No I will not be competing.

Immunity idols info is on the first page. I'm updating the op now to give more information. Do you have a specific question around it?

20 minutes ago, Couch said:

It's starting on June 1st which is a Thursday. So Friday and Saturday will typically be reward challenge. Sunday Monday will be immunity challenge. Tuesday Wednesday will be tribal council. 

No I will not be competing.

Immunity idols info is on the first page. I'm updating the op now to give more information. Do you have a specific question around it?

Just didn't know how one goes about trying to get the hidden immunity idol as for survivor its an object hidden within the island how will it work in the comp and okay I will be sure to check that out but won't be back on for a couple hours 

43 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Just didn't know how one goes about trying to get the hidden immunity idol as for survivor its an object hidden within the island how will it work in the comp and okay I will be sure to check that out but won't be back on for a couple hours 

That information is in the thread. You have to figure it out. You have to find it. In survivor hints are given out as rewards or can be found. Same here. You can also try and figure out the hangman version of the hint in the thread or you could accidentally do it.

I can tell you someone has already done something that would've unlocked an idol for them. I had changed that hangman in the thread now so hopefully nobody figures out the rest ahead of time lol.

3 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

Or maybe you can form an alliance with some people who you think can make it to the finals and then stab them in the back at right time. Depending on how the game is played and how committed and strategic everyone wants to be, this could get interesting. I could see some friendships being tested by the competition.

Luckily I hate everyone equally although I prefer my stabbing to come from the front so I can see the fear in the victims eyes ?

3 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

This is one of those competitions where earning the most trophies isn't the biggest factor in winning. Actually, it could be a disadvantage. 

Makes sense now why some of those " trophy hunters " that don't earn trophies signed up.

1 hour ago, Couch said:

That information is in the thread. You have to figure it out. You have to find it. In survivor hints are given out as rewards or can be found. Same here. You can also try and figure out the hangman version of the hint in the thread or you could accidentally do it.

This is going to be to difficult for someone of my limited mental capacity to solve so I will have to pass on getting the magical immunity rock. However I will be bringing my small stick to the Island, get to close and it will whack you, it is surprisingly firm

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

This is going to be to difficult for someone of my limited mental capacity to solve so I will have to pass on getting the magical immunity rock. However I will be bringing my small stick to the Island, get to close and it will whack you, it is surprisingly firm

I thought that double entendre would come later, I can attest to the firmness.

Well, with 3 Aussies. 4 Americans and a small European contingent, all we need is players from South America and Asia and we have a truly continental competition.

(Apologies for the alliteration)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Well, with 3 Aussies. 4 Americans and a small European contingent, all we need is players from South America and Asia and we have a truly continental competition.

What about Africa :P? @Andrea would be very offended . 

Edited by Kent10201

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Seems you accidentally a continent, and the one that wins the most competitions per capita of any on the site :P

4 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

What about Africa :P? @Andrea would be very offended . 

You do know what makes me tick.

• Like 1

Hey all,

Just a quick update. Been working on some of the reward/immunity rounds to make them more interesting(thnx to Andrea for some great ideas so far) and have removed all the genre themed ones. If anyone was on the fence of joining or staying bc of the genre/themed games section, they need worry no more

Cheers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Couch said:

Hey all,

Just a quick update. Been working on some of the reward/immunity rounds to make them more interesting(thnx to Andrea for some great ideas so far) and have removed all the genre themed ones. If anyone was on the fence of joining or staying bc of the genre/themed games section, they need worry no more

Cheers

And that was all I needed to hear! I'm going to have access to my consoles this summer (and I was asked by an anonymous source to compete), so am I able to sign up?

53 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

And that was all I needed to hear! I'm going to have access to my consoles this summer (and I was asked by an anonymous source to compete), so am I able to sign up?

No

Jk. I'll add you to the list

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

I was watching this video when I saw your message, and it fit perfectly with how I felt.

Then the video ended and I scrolled down.

I giggled a little when the music started as I always do when Celine Dion's My heart will go on and then the really bad flute/recorder started playing and I lost it 

• Like 2