Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

On 4/29/2017 at 7:37 PM, acetryhard said:

You can sign me up I would be willing to participate and would love if you could sign me up

I'll add you to the list since. Just need a couple more folks and we'll lock in the contestants.

A little over 3 1/2 weeks before this event starts. A good chunk of you are already busy in Jem's Olympics event right now, the THL league is back at it again and the C2 is going strong. Not to mention any of the platinum races going on at one time or another.

We need to get two more individuals signed up before the event starts so tell your buddies :)

• Like 1

Just now, GlennRhee said:

Just to clarify, we don't need to own any specific games or genres of games for challenges? I'm interested, just broke.

(Also is there going to be, like, a discord server or anything for team chats?)

This is correct. We've worked to eliminate all genre-specific challenges. There are a couple of challenges that require eg. different trophy rarities and other sorts of things that aren't tied to a particular genre, but that's as specific as we get.

Team chat/discord servers are up to the players to form and coordinate on their own. Probably not a bad idea for an alliance to do something like this :) 

Edited by Andrea

1 minute ago, Andrea said:

This is correct. We've worked to eliminate all genre-specific challenges. There are a couple of challenges that require eg. different trophy rarities and other sorts of things that aren't tied to a particular genre, but that's as specific as we get.

Team chat/discord servers are up to the players to form and coordinate on their own. Probably not a bad idea for an alliance to do something like this :) 

That's great! Then I'd love to try this out!

Hello Everyone,

Updated the contestants list to contain the 16 contestants. Added 4 spaces for Backups in the event one of you 16 back out before the start of the event. Updated the Main page to include a section on inactivity at tribal council. Also added a poll to see if you guys want a demo/test run the week prior to this starting to see how it all works out.

Have a nice day

Couch

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

I'm pretty exited for this, so I voted yes, just to start a week earlier :) 

Lol. It would be a test run though so the outcome would be just for fun. Nobody would be eliminated.

I do like your excitement though. 

Hey Couch could I be moved to the reserve bench. Work is going to require some travel and will be away for a bit in June so I am not going to be able to be very active for a couple of weeks and don't want to take up the spot of someone who would like to compete. Happy to be a place holder if needed when it starts,

Goodluck to everyone looks like it is going to be a great event. Wil be eagerly following on ?

On 5/10/2017 at 7:06 AM, cjshaitan said:

Hey Couch could I be moved to the reserve bench. Work is going to require some travel and will be away for a bit in June so I am not going to be able to be very active for a couple of weeks and don't want to take up the spot of someone who would like to compete. Happy to be a place holder if needed when it starts,

Goodluck to everyone looks like it is going to be a great event. Wil be eagerly following on ?

Enjoy your trip even if it is for work :)p

On 5/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, Tearraven said:

After being poked by @Kent10201, I've decided to go ahead and sign up for the event. Looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun :D

I've added you in place of CJ. Welcome aboard

• Like 2

I was reading through the OP again today and i have a question. 

I don't really understand the Jury part. You said that after a set amount of survivors have been eliminated, the ones eliminated will become the jury and select a winner. Based on what exactly? Just popularity? I understand the concept, but i don't really see how trophy points really play any part in it, once we get closer to the winner.

On 5/13/2017 at 11:37 PM, MidnightCJ said:

I'll be glad to sign in as a backup. Andrea requested I sign up for this. :)

I'll add you as a backup :)

9 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

I don't really understand the Jury part. You said that after a set amount of survivors have been eliminated, the ones eliminated will become the jury and select a winner. Based on what exactly? Just popularity? I understand the concept, but i don't really see how trophy points really play any part in it, once we get closer to the winner.

When we get to bottom 9 players, the next 7 people eliminated will become the jury. It is up to them to vote on who is the winner when we get to the bottom two.

It's definitely biased on you guys though. Are you going to vote for someone because they were the reason you were eliminated b/c of a backstab or a blindside? or do you think b/c the got you eliminated they "played" the game smartly and that's the reason they made it to the final two and you didn't? Trophies are not the only thing that play a part in this event. There's ton of strategy and planning and team building and alliance making that will get you to the final two. It's up to you how you do it.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Couch said:

I'll add you as a backup :)

When we get to bottom 9 players, the next 7 people eliminated will become the jury. It is up to them to vote on who is the winner when we get to the bottom two.

It's definitely biased on you guys though. Are you going to vote for someone because they were the reason you were eliminated b/c of a backstab or a blindside? or do you think b/c the got you eliminated they "played" the game smartly and that's the reason they made it to the final two and you didn't? Trophies are not the only thing that play a part in this event. There's ton of strategy and planning and team building and alliance making that will get you to the final two. It's up to you how you do it.

Hope that helps

Ah i see, yeah it makes more sense now. Guess i'll have to get on everybody's good side for once :awesome:

• Like 2

Also on a side note, I removed the Poll. We will be doing a test run the week earlier and will be trying a few things to see how it works. If it works, those changes will be made to the OP.

Current test is to see if

Day 1 schedule

Day 2-3 Reward

Day 4 break to count scores

Day 5-6 for Immunity

Day 7 Tribal

With this schedule, some changes to how ties would work b/c we would lose the ability to have a revote. Those changes would be based on how many cumalitve points you've had against you as well as how many cumalitive points you've earned throughout the event. But that will be explained in more detail when we get closer to the event.

Also note that the timezone changed. It will be gmt timezone which is a 5 hour difference than where it was originally set at gmt -5. Easier for counting and getting posts out for status/updates.

1 minute ago, Couch said:

Also on a side note, I removed the Poll. We will be doing a test run the week earlier and will be trying a few things to see how it works. If it works, those changes will be made to the OP.

Current test is to see if

Day 1 schedule

Day 2-3 Reward

Day 4 break to count scores

Day 5-6 for Immunity

Day 7 Tribal

With this schedule, some changes to how ties would work b/c we would lose the ability to have a revote. Those changes would be based on how many cumalitve points you've had against you as well as how many cumalitive points you've earned throughout the event. But that will be explained in more detail when we get closer to the event.

Also note that the timezone changed. It will be gmt timezone which is a 5 hour difference than where it was originally set at gmt -5. Easier for counting and getting posts out for status/updates.

Will the test run have us on our finalized teams, or will we not know that until the actual event starts?

Just now, jem12345 said:

Will the test run have us on our finalized teams, or will we not know that until the actual event starts?

The test run will not be the finalized teams....just to make it more interesting :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

3 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Ah i see, yeah it makes more sense now. Guess i'll have to get on everybody's good side for once :awesome:

A popularity contest? Get on everybody's good side?........(throws hands up in the air)...Well I'm screwed. :P

The setup of having the jury decide the winner is one of the aspects that added drama to the television show. You had to walk a fine line because sometimes it makes sense (or even necessary) to screw someone over or break an alliance but at the same time those same people you just stabbed in the back are the ones voting on the winner and ultimately determining your fate. Couch already summarized this but people can have different motivations when voting. Some might vote against you out of spite or payback for stabbing them in the back, some might not take it personal and vote for you out of respect for how you played the game, sometimes it can be choosing the lesser of two evils, sometimes people just vote for their favorite or their friends.

Similar to the show, being the best in the physical competitions (or trophies in this event) isn't the major factor in winning. Sure it plays a part but the social aspect is just as important if not more so. Might be difficult to capture that quality in a forum event. Could get kind of boring if nobody screws anyone or there aren't any twists but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. 

• Like 4