Couch’s Elimination Events – Survivor Style - Winner announced

3 hours ago, jem12345 said:

Not that it matters, but I got three trophies, not two. Whoever counted my score must've not have updated my profile.

I can tell you I will not be updating profiles. That's up to you guys. All you need to do is go to your account and hit update, do it a second time and you'll be all good. 

Psy even put in a reminder an hour before the event finished reminding peeps to sync and update. 

1 hour ago, Couch said:

I can tell you I will not be updating profiles. That's up to you guys. All you need to do is go to your account and hit update, do it a second time and you'll be all good. 

Psy even put in a reminder an hour before the event finished reminding peeps to sync and update. 

What's your reasoning behind this? Updating all 16 profiles combined between the three admins takes less than thirty seconds. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but not doing so is honestly pretty lazy as an admin, especially when admins update profiles in every single other event on PSNP.

• Like 1

Just now, jem12345 said:

What's your reasoning behind this? Updating all 16 profiles combined between the three admins takes less than thirty seconds. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but not doing so is honestly pretty lazy as an admin, especially when admins update profiles in every single other event on PSNP.

Because it's stated in the OP. Has been that way in every event I've hosted. Andrea did the scores yesterday and was unable to update due to her IP being banned from updating so much. 

6 minutes ago, Couch said:

Because it's stated in the OP. Has been that way in every event I've hosted. Andrea did the scores yesterday and was unable to update due to her IP being banned from updating so much. 

I don't really get it, but this is why we have practice rounds.

Once my IP gets unbanned (which should be before the event starts seeing as it happened last weekend) I will update any profile I check before counting them, but given I may not check every account or may forget etc. everyone should absolutely sync as soon as they are able.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jem12345 said:

Sounds to me like its you who is lazy its your responsibility its way too easy for you to sync your own profiles not one of the couchsters events does he sync profiles. How ever being this IS a survivor series i dont think admins should help with syncing it should be up to us to sync if we want every trophy to count but thays just my opinion besides its way easier for us to sync our own profiles than having admin do it anyhow.

Edited by the_name_is_matt
Forget to type message

1 minute ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Sounds to me like its you who is lazy its your responsibility its way too easy for you to sync your own trophies not one of the couchsters events does he sync profiles 

I don't mind updating my profile. This was a rare occurrence where I didn't since I got my third trophy minutes before the round ended and had to go out right after. The laziness goes both ways, so thank you for calling me out on that.

I'm just questioning why this is a rule in the first place. It doesn't make any sense. If @Andrea really had IP problems, someone else could've updated. Just this week, an admin from the THL had an IP ban and asked me to update profiles for him. It's not an excuse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

I don't mind updating my profile. This was a rare occurrence where I didn't since I got my third trophy minutes before the round ended and had to go out right after. The laziness goes both ways, so thank you for calling me out on that.

I'm just questioning why this is a rule in the first place. It doesn't make any sense. If @Andrea really had IP problems, someone else could've updated. Just this week, an admin from the THL had an IP ban and asked me to update profiles for him. It's not an excuse.

But this is indeed a survivor event so why should they nake it easier for us besides none of the couchsters events are this way he states it thats its our responsibility to sync its just they way he chooses to have it just make sure you sync soon as any challenge ends 

Not every event is the same gotta read the details in every event 

This is going to be a huge time sync and in order for it to be successful, it will require people to respond and sync in a timely matter. If you can’t do either of those don’t even bother signing up. I will look into you’re activity and if I feel you aren’t going to be able to do perform I will not accept you into the event. I want this to be successful and one person letting down the team is all it takes to screw up the flow. Time zone is based off GMT. Scores will be counted day 4 and day 6. Accounts need to be synced by end of day 3 and 5. Immediately following the reward challenge is when the admins will count the scores as day four will be a "break" day from trophy hunting. The reward will be added to the winning teams score at the end of the immunity round...........

From op

2 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

But this is indeed a survivor event so why should they nake it easier for us besides none of the couchsters events are this way he states it thats its our responsibility to sync its just they way he chooses to have it just make sure you sync soon as any challenge ends 

Syncing and updating are two very different things. Part of the reason I'm making a big deal out of this is that so all of my future teammates get the difference. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was confused by this. The last thing I want is to lose due to a good teammate syncing but not syncing.

I gotta agree with @jem12345 here. It really isn't that difficult to update the profiles from 16 participants.

Also,

1 hour ago, Couch said:

Because it's stated in the OP. 

this is incorrect. Yes, the OP states you have to synch your account but it doesn't state you have to update your profile too.

Day 2/3 – Reward challenge. This will be a two day event. Teams will hunt getting the trophies specific for that round. Accounts must be synched by end of day 3 and the winner will get a bonus towards the immunity challenge.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, the_name_is_matt said:

Then dont sync on psnp and goodluck is all i can say you have been warned

Dude, you use a rule from the OP to defend your argument and when I show you that the rule isn't being used correctly, you suddenly don't seem to care about the rules anymore. @Couch I assume you'd want to follow the rules of your own events, so jem should get an extra point.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jem12345 said:

The reason was because I fell asleep before running the update. I normally run an update regardless of the event but I was exhausted and cranky.

I will provide the same message a couple of hours before the end of the Reward and Immunity round to keep syncing in mind. Be mindful that either myself or Andrea will re-sync as soon as we can after the event ends to confirm no last minute points are missed. After that, the points are final.

Hmmm, the teams will be interesting indeed...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Couch said:

Been a little quiet around here. Hopefully the results from the reward challenge start to "spark" some interest.

They say it's always quietest before the storm. :ninja:

Personally, I'm anxiously counting down the days until June 1 when the teams are revealed and the action begins for real. In preparation...I'm binge watching every season of Survivor, learning how to start fire with two sticks, and practicing catching fish with a homemade spear. To keep in the spirit of Survivor, I've also decided not to shave and grow a beard until my time in the event comes to an end.

In the meantime, grinding out these 24-25 playthroughs in Stories: The Path of Destinies is about to put me into a coma. Hopefully I wake up before the event starts on June 1. ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

They say it's always quietest before the storm. :ninja:

Personally, I'm anxiously counting down the days until June 1 when the teams are revealed and the action begins for real. In preparation...I'm binge watching every season of Survivor, learning how to start fire with two sticks, and practicing catching fish with a homemade spear. To keep in the spirit of Survivor, I've also decided not to shave and grow a beard until my time in the event comes to an end.

In the meantime, grinding out these 24-25 playthroughs in Stories: The Path of Destinies is about to put me into a coma. Hopefully I wake up before the event starts on June 1. 1f634.png

I just started the latest season of survivor. Heard there was a crazy twist in a tribal council that has never happened before so looking forward to seeing what that was :)

The first play through of stories was good. Enjoy the same thing 25 more times. Lol

Preliminary Week Day 5 - Immunity Challenge

In a few minutes the Immunity Challenge will begin. This week’s Immunity Challenge will be Golden Games. Any Gold trophy earned will be worth 1 point. The team with the most points will win. The Orange team won the reward round will have the extra 10 points added to their score so blue team is going to have to put forth a little extra effort if they want to avoid Tribal Council.

Enjoy :)

• Like 4