Level Up exploit

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, n9rawy_5220 said:

i have used this method...

i started a new game+ and reached level 40 " 1 million xp " in 2 hours and 25 minutes.

I've been using this method. It's rather effective, going to get to level 40 and then continue the game from there.

• 5 months later...

I can't get the champagne one to work properly. At least not without leaving the area and then doing it again. i'm playing the definitive edition remaster.

Works first time, then when I reload last checkpoint the game takes me back to the first time - that is start with 20 champagne bottles, hand one over, drop 15, die, reload and have 19 bottles in inventory, 15 on the floor. Hand one over, drop 30, die, reload and when the game loads i'm back to having 15 on the deck with 19 in inventory.

Tried to manually save by changing the digital to analogue in options - which forces a save icon. But it still returns me back to that very first checkpoint. 

So, if I do the glitch I have to go away and then return to continue boosting bottles.

Problem seems to be that the game doesn't auto save on the second bottle I hand over.

No issue - will just play the last ten levels to level up sigh.

I now have three Zeds demise katana's - so enemies don't stay around for long haha :D 

Edited by yoda_squad

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to add further to the above, duping items is best done at the life-guard station / tower.

Get to the lifeguard station, and trigger a save - this is best done after completing a  mission where you have to talk to someone there.

Get outside and dump whatever items you like outside the station, then jump over the fence (in the area where you burn the bodies early on in the game) down onto the path far below - this will kill you. Hit the pause button before the timer runs out, reload last checkpoint and you will spawn outside the station, the items you dropped will be on the floor and in your inventory.

So you can drop forty champagne bottles, die, reload and have whatever bottles were in your inventory plus those you dropped on the floor.

Collect all the items, go do a mission, return to the life guard station to trigger a save and rinse it to death :)

• Like 1

It's not hacked weapons. It's a modded weapon I should know because I modded Dead Island on the PS3 and I still do. I have a god mode Xain with 200 + in her inventory with modded guns that have 60,000 + ammo ex: Explosive Short sawn-off shotgun, Plague Bearing Defender Of The Motherland. It's a modded weapon that was already in the game and I just put a mod on to said gun that isn't supposed to go on to it and added a crap load of ammo and made copies of that one gun. Then I gave it out  everyone else who wanted on and that everybody has one of said guns you and everyone else in here that says "Oh that's cheating." Technically yes, yes it is but I don't care and I don't think anyone else does either.