triplejmzu8's / TheJuuuuJuuuu's / Ju's cabinet

triplejmzu8

b56cb04e34.jpg

[This is the Banner of my (german) YouTube Gaming Channel]

Hello everyone, name is Julian - short: Ju - and I'm a young german adult, who's just about to turn 20.

I always loved doing checklists but commonly for me in private - so why not sharing it once?

Don't expect too much here. I'm not that kind of gamer who does platinum on every game (or even tries to do so) and it's also unimportant to me to have tons of plats.

To me, a platinum trophy is something, that's supposed to feel special (except for the TellTale ones I've collected). Honestly, I think that if I'd do 100 of these, it wouldn't be such a great feeling anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I've been playing video games for my whole life now, starting with the Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 1, then continued with new consoles in every generation. So yeah, I'm also very active on Nintendo consoles, the X360 and on PC too. However, since school became more serious in the a levels and university started afterwards while I started writing a book series and other reasons appeared, my time for gaming became less and less. At the moment, the only time I play video games is when capturing it for my german YouTube Channel.

However, that doesn't stop me from having lots of fun and working on some plats too.

So here they are!

:platinum: #01 - Heavy Rain (PS3)

heavy.png

Spoiler

1L9d68f7.png

April 17th 2013, 4:59:30 PM

Took me: 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days

Fun: 10/10

Difficulty: 4/10

It was the first game I've ever played on PS3 and it was the main reason why I even bought the console. Well, I guess that explains enough. I loved every single second of it and even though lots of people have their problems seeing Heavy Rain as well as Beyond Two Souls, Fahrenheit, The Walking Dead, etc. as "games" and rather call it interactive movies, I still stick to my opinion: It's interactive enough to be a game. And I love it. Looking forward to Detroit Become Human!

:platinum: #02 - The Walking Dead (PS3)

latest?cb=20131031153400&path-prefix=de

Spoiler

1L0be58c.png

July 12th 2013, 5:55:44 PM

Took me: 2 months, 1 week, 2 hours

Fun: 8/10

Difficulty: 1/10

There's not much to say here. Even though TellTale's engine performance is terrible and the decisions never really matter in the end, their games still feel great. The Walking Dead - Season 1 was the second TellTale game I've played (first being Tales of Monkey Islands on PC) and I really loved it, especially because it made me start reading the TWD comics and watching the TV series which became my favorite series next to Steins;Gate by now. However, the platinum trophy is not worth mentioning as you automatically achieve it by only playing through the game once.

:platinum: #03 - Jak & Daxter - The Precursor Legacy (PS3)

latest?cb=20150308115559

Spoiler

1L9c00f5.png

January 1st 2014, 11:01:29 PM

Took me: 6 days, 1 hour, 18 minutes

Fun: 9/10

Difficulty: 3/10

To be honest: I never played any Jak game before and it was a huge mistake! Actually, I love collect-a-thon games like this one but I missed it somehow. So it was a great feeling playing such an amazing game for the first game; it gave me back the feeling of amazing games like Banjo-Kazooie. Really, I just love collecting stuff. I started playing Jak & Daxter in winter holiday and ... finished it that time too. It was a week of playing a little every evening and yeah, I enjoyed almost every part of it. There were just one or two sections / minigames that made me change the fun to only 9.

:platinum: #04 - Hitman 2 - Silent Assassin (PS3)

hitman_2_silent_assassin.png

Spoiler

1L6ca8d8.png

February 1st 2014, 8:51:28 PM

Took me: 9 months, 2 weeks, 1 day

Fun: 10/10

Difficulty: 6/10

Hitman 2 is one of the first games I've ever played in my life, introducing this amazing franchise to me. Every since, I loved Hitman (until Absolution came out) and when the HD collection arrived on PS3, I decided first not to buy it since I had every title and always played on PC ... however, it was a great decision to buy it later. I instantly challenged myself by playing through the game on hardest difficulty which was painful sometimes and then didn't finish the plat first, as some of the trophies left was just annoying. However, after I finished Jak & Daxter, I decided to put some more work into Hitman 2 too and got the plat, I was very proud of it. If you wanna plat this game too, make sure to check out my guide.

:platinum: #05 - Tomb Raider Legend (PS3)

Tomb_Raider_Legend_Logo.png

Spoiler

1Lfce9c0.png

July 24th 2014, 4:49:16 PM

Took me: 1 day, 14 hours, 56 minutes

Well, Tomb Raider Legend, the first game made by Crystal Dynamics in the series. The first reboot of Tomb Raider. Back when Tomb Raider Legend was released and I played it on PC as a kid, this didn't matter to me, I just wanted to be Lara Croft, jump through ancient ruins, collect secrets and shoot my enemies. I still don't dislike Legend, I really love it. As I said before, I love collecting so this is perfect for me: Tomb Raider with collecting stuff that rewards you with costumes and other stuff. Even though I prefer the Core Design Tomb Raider games, I still loved the Crystal Dynamics ones. So yeah, when I bought the HD Collection in a special sale (did you watch the football world cup in 2014? Did you see the semifinale with Germany vs. Brasilia 7:1? We had a store nearby that had a special sale during the worldcup. It said: "I will give x*10% on every game, while x is based on the spread between Germany's goals and the enemy's goals." So ... he had to keep his words and gave 60% on every game after the semifinale). It was an easy decision to plat TRL then because I've already beaten it to 100% multiple times on PC. Check out my trophy guide here too!

:platinum: #06 - Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)

Bildergebnis für tales from the borderlands logo

Spoiler

1L2ee2ae.png

October 21st 2015, 4:06:58 AM

Took me: 8 months, 2 weeks, 2 days

I guess I've said enough about TellTale games earlier, so yeah, not much to mention here. Tales from the Borderlands was a great expansion of the story of Borderlands, it was funny and simply amazing - but the plat was a present again.

:platinum: #07 - Life is Strange (PS4)

90c61bc5a9678d367d4e3e28af439622.png

Spoiler

1Lc10369.png

October 28th 2015, 10:53:55 PM

Took me: 6 days, 21 hours, 39 minutes

Difficulty: 2/10

You might have noticed by now that I loved games like this one. Life is Strange was a very great experience. I remember myself saying "TellTale has a competitor here" and I mean it. Life is Strange was very similar to games like TellTale's or Quantic Dream's but it was unique indeed. The plat meanwhile was pretty easy again, you just had to play through the game while taking photos of special places.

:platinum: #08 - Game of Thrones (PS4)

Bildergebnis für game of thrones telltale logo

Spoiler

1La054a2.png

December 10th 2015, 5:11:28 PM

Took me: 1 week, 5 days, 14 hours

Aaaaaand another easy TellTale plat. I did not yet watch the "Game of Thrones" TV series nor did I read the books but the game was great indeed. One of the best TellTale games I've played so far.

:platinum: #09 - Hitman GO (PS4)

Hitman_go_logo-1-2.png

Spoiler

1L7b0d30.png

May 3rd 2016, 2:00:19 AM

Took me: 4 hours, 54 minutes, 25 seconds

Fun: 7/10

Yeah, I remember that evening pretty well but I need to be honest with you guys: I bought the game on sale just because it was Hitman and it looked quiet funny. It was! I've played through the first two chapters by only completing some objectives until I noticed that the plat might not even be that difficult. So I opened a guide and played through this whole little puzzle game with constantly having that guide opened. So yeah, I'm not very proud of this plat but it was enjoyable anyway.

:platinum: #10 - Tales of Xillia (PS3)

image49cbsd.png

Spoiler

1Lbf6527.png

June 13th 2016, 8:34:06 PM

Took me: 1 year, 10 months, 3 weeks

Difficulty: 5/10

After achieving so many "free" plats, I decided that my 10th platinum just had to be something more special again. I've always been a big fan of JRPGs as I grew with games like Final Fantasy and Suikoden, so buying Tales of Xillia was not a difficult decision to me. I captured the whole game for YouTube but put it away afterwards. For the plat, you have to play through the game twice while doing some grinding and be careful not to miss any subevent, etc. etc. etc. it wasn't that difficult but I decided not to do it as it might change my fun with the game. However, after completing Tales of Xillia 2, I decided to go back to Tales of Xillia and finish the rest. It wasn't even as annoying as I thought it might be and I'm really proud of receiving it in the end.

:platinum: #11 - Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4)

Bildergebnis für day of the tentacle remastered logo

Spoiler

1Lf4cd41.png

July 5th 2016, 5:38:45 PM

Took me: 3 months, 5 days, 14 hours

Difficulty: 2/10

As a (german) video walkthrough, I played through this amazing game again. I enjoyed it years ago when it was not remastered yet and I always thought of it to be one of the best Point & Click adventures ever made with a great sense of humor. I was totally flashed when it was rereleased as a Remaster and I enjoyed it even more this time.

:platinum: #12 - Color Guardians (PS4)

Bildergebnis für color guardians logo

Spoiler

1Lc40d9d.png

December 14th 2016, 2:54:19 AM

Took me: 2 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes

Color Guardians was given to me as a free PS+ game, so I tried it out once as I do with every PS+ game. I just wanted to play about an hour ... then it was three, four and five and hell, I really enjoyed it! It was a big surprise as I didn't expect anything from that game. I played a little for three evenings and got the platinum in the game (after also doing two or three trophies that really sucked tbh).

:platinum: #13 - Batman (PS4)

Ähnliches Foto

Spoiler

1Lf30d30.png

December 14th 2016, 10:43:04 PM

Took me: 2 weeks, 3 days, 23 hours

Right after finished Color Guardians, I went to bed and when I woke up, the final episode of TellTale's Batman was released, so two plats in one day, wooh. However, it was just an easy TellTale plat. To be honest, I don't like superheroes at all and I never was a fan of Batman. However, after playing TellTale's Batman, I got veery interested in that franchise, started watching "Gotham", read some comics, watched the Nolan movies and started playing the Arkham games. Thanks again TellTale.

:platinum: #14 - Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas (PS4)

Bildergebnis für oceanhorn logo

Spoiler

1Lf759a2.png

April 3rd 2017, 12:10:02 AM

Took me: 2 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours

I bought this on Indie Sale and didn't really expect too much. I knew it was some kind of Zelda game and I've heard very positive and negative reviews so I decided to make my own opinion. It was not a mistake to buy Oceanhorn, not at all. I wouldn't say it's the best game I've ever played but I've had lots of fun playing through this tiny shiny game. Yes, it felt a lot like Zelda and some other games but that doesn't matter, it was a great experience, even though it was a little buggy sometimes. I can't really explain it, so just go have a look by yourself, it's worth it. At least, if you like Zelda, sailing, fishing, fighting, collecting and puzzling. The plat wasn't that difficult, just some trophies were annoying or dependant on luck but it general it was a very fun platinum.

:platinum: #15 - The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (PS4)

Bildergebnis für the walking dead a new frontier logo

Spoiler

1L62f608.png

1st Jun 2017, 5:27:12 PM

Took me: 1 month, 3 weeks

Great season again. Actually, there's not much to add! It's just a very special experience just like every TellTale game and even though it's not much of a challenge to get the platinum trophy,

it's still always a feeling of being proud of having it. I'm not quite sure if the video game series is turning into the right direction but we'll find out in Season 4.

:platinum: #16 - Tekken 7 (PS4)

tekken-7-badge-01-ps4-eu-23jan17?$HugeHero_Badge$

Spoiler

1Ld90369.png

8th Jun 2017, 5:26:50 PM

Took me: 5 days, 3 hours

Oooooh how long have I been hyped for this game? Even though it has it's weaknesses like not having the standard end sequences for every character (those stranger Character Episodes don't count) or having Akuma added (bs), it's still a very great Tekken game! After finishing the mediocre story mode with one of the most stupid and unfair bosses I've ever fought in a beat'em'up, I've spent 50 hours in "Treasure Mode" by now (a mode, where you unlock customization objects for each character while also leveling them up) and it's FUN! The only pain in the ass was the ranking match trophy. As I did the Platinum in the first five days after the game's release, it still had a bug which made it hard to ever find a ranking match online so I spent like five hours only to find a match that I was also able to win. Hahah, however, I'm still playing the game now. I just wished there were more trophies for Offline Battle mode like getting a character to Max Level (Tekken God Prime) or  getting all customization objects or something like that.

BACKLOG

Spoiler

Of course I'm not done playing video games so there are LOTS of games I'd really like to do plat one day. Not sure if that's ever gonna happen but here's my "wishlist":

-Currently Working on-

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yooka-Laylee

Kingdom Hearts - Dream Drop Distance

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Minecraft: Story Mode

-Future Plans-

Alekhine's Gun

Alpha Protocol

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed II

Batman - Arkham Asylum