xZoneHunter

Scrolling on PSNP randomly stops working

21 posts in this topic

For the past few days i've noticed that i'm unable to scroll on psnp using my mouse after a while. Even though it works fine on every other program and browser tab. I'm not sure when it exactly occurs, but it's mostly when i open the activity log. 

It's easily fixable by closing the PSNP tab and opening a new one. But i thought it was worth a thread. I know i'm not the only one with this problem. For reference, i'm using google chrome.

Edited by xZoneHunter

Try deleting ur cache on you Internet option. It might work again?

1 minute ago, Silent said:

Try deleting ur cache on you Internet option. It might work again?

Would be a bit weird that my cache is the problem when it does work on every other tab i have open...

Weird, as I have had that happen... but refreshing the page fixes that for me.  And it happens rarely on Facebook too, but refreshing the page again, fixes it.  Only sometimes I'll need to close the tab and reopen it again, but that hardly happens, maybe the odd time.

Are you using Chrome? I've been having this issue a lot. Doesn't matter whether it's PSNP, NeoGAF, .org, Youtube, etc. Really annoying, but I don't think it's an issue with PSNP.

10 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Are you using Chrome? I've been having this issue a lot. Doesn't matter whether it's PSNP, NeoGAF, .org, Youtube, etc. Really annoying, but I don't think it's an issue with PSNP.

Yeah, i was thinking it wasn't a PSNP issue. But for me it only happens on PSNP.

I'm having this issue too, and I'm using Chrome. Looks like it's definitely a Chrome issue and not a site issue, as it's happening on other sites too.

7 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I'm having this issue too, and I'm using Chrome. Looks like it's definitely a Chrome issue and not a site issue, as it's happening on other sites too.

Same here actually, using Chrome, since as I stated before, happens in Facebook every so often too for me... so must be to do with Chrome itself by the looks of it.

I use Chrome too but I think I only had this happen on PSNP so far. It's been happening once or twice every day for about two weeks now for me and it's pretty annoying. Refreshing doesn't work for me, only closing the tab and opening the site on a new one seems to be the solution so far.

Edited by Lucas

Try opening a different Internet browser and go here. Check if it works. Normally I go sign out and go Internet settings to delete cache or etc. Then open tab and sign in. It works for me perfectly.

Edited by Silent

I have the same issue aswell, although i am using Opera. And its only PSNP though. Every other site works fine.

If someone says they are using Internet Explorer while browsing this site, I swear, I will slap you one.

It happens to me with every other site I'm going to. Using Chrome as well and it seems like it is a known problem currently. Hope there'll be a fix for it soon. 

I'm using Edge and having no problems scrolling on PSNP. 

Maybe it's a Chrome specific problem? 

It's a known issue with the newest release of chrome. Does it on random websites. 

If you want to "fix" it, stick "chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling" in your browser and turn off smooth scrolling. This makes it so the scrolling doesn't get stuck, but makes scrolling everywhere kinda janky. 

Otherwise you just gotta deal with it for the moment and wait for it to be fixed. 

10 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

If someone says they are using Internet Explorer while browsing this site, I swear, I will slap you one.

I'm pretty sure everyone would be using Edge.

On topic, didn't happen to be on PSNP, but I believe it did on PST.org.

Just a question, can you scroll using the scroll bar instead of mouse? 

15 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just a question, can you scroll using the scroll bar instead of mouse? 

Yes, using the side scroll bar still works. 

7 hours ago, Gage said:

Yes, using the side scroll bar still works. 

In that case, it's the same thing that happened to me.

That is definitely Chrome issue.

FireFox here.  Not a single issue. 

Not sure why anyone uses Chrome. 

I've noticed, at least when I'm using it, that whenever I start to scroll, just as the page is in the middle of loading, it stops the whole scrolling thing.  As in, scroll bar is fine, but via mouse, nope... but it's only just as the page has loaded, which is weird to say the least.

Closing the page and opening it up again seems to fix it though.

I've got the same issue. I just close the page and open it again and it works fine.