Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

I have every trophy in the original game and the Whistleblower DLC and looking at this list, I am pretty scared.

Insane difficulty was hard enough beforehand, but now we have to do it without reloading the camera battery? This was something that you had to do on the Xbox One for the original game to get all the achievements but PS4 managed to avoid, so I'm scared to have to do it now.

Great to see it has a platinum but yes, it is weird that the first one didn't and this one does. Definitely going to be a tough plat. I've 100%ed the first game and Insanity is a challenge but doable. The speedrun trophy at 4 hours is either very generous or it's a much longer game seeing as Outlast can be completed in 75 - 80 minutes. Completing the game without hiding sounds hard but playing on the easiest difficulty will hopefully negate this. The hardest trophy will be Insane Mode without reloading the camera battery as it means you'll have to know the game inside and out especially any dark sections. Hopefully I'll be able to plat it but either way I'll be grabbing it as the first game and DLC were absolutely fantastic.

Edited by FilmFanatic

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

The hardest trophy will be Insane Mode without reloading the camera battery as it means you'll have to know the game inside and out especially any dark sections. Hopefully I'll be able to plat it but either way I'll be grabbing it as the first game and DLC were absolutely fantastic.

You will most likely be able to rush the game or follow speedrun tactics to get insane/no bat reload trophies. 

Insane speedrun for outlast 1 on ps4 is 22ish minutes iirc. Now they use  out of bounds glitches which can be hard to replicate but you can always learn alot from watching speedrunners.

The game can be difficult for many people since passing to the end without dying is a challenge in which only those people with a strong heart can do lol
I personally i'm happy about the list (and it could be even more difficult) since in horror games i like to test my limits, in the first game i managed to pass in every way (even without hiding in the lockers in insane mode)
I've seen some people playing the early-access game and from now i warn outlast 2 will have many times when it will be easy to die (in the first game there are only 3 difficult moments)
It may be an ultra-rare platinum but not for me :P

• Like 2

It looks challenging which is what I was hoping for. Completing Insane mode on Outlast one is one of the most butt clenching things I've done in a horror game. Considering the speedrun trophy is four hours (which may be lenient as it's a Silver), it definitely is going to be at least twice as long in Insane mode in comparison to the first game. And considering Rose said there seem to be a lot more difficult moments, it sure looks pretty tough. Love it.

Edited by FOX

I can only hope insane mode is a bit more lenient in this one, especially with the fact that you can't reload batteries on one trophy. Permadeath is such a pain with these kind of games. Hopefully there will be checkpoints- or less checkpoints to make it a fair challenge. Lmao I doubt it though.

8 hours ago, Lethal-Desires said:

I can only hope insane mode is a bit more lenient in this one, especially with the fact that you can't reload batteries on one trophy. Permadeath is such a pain with these kind of games. Hopefully there will be checkpoints- or less checkpoints to make it a fair challenge. Lmao I doubt it though.

Nightmare mode is insane with checkpoints so insane wont have any checkpoints.