Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

2 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Not bad for a "newbie" :P

Congratz

Thanks Rose! :)

1 hour ago, Platisfaction said:

lol, this makes me hope. Which videos did you use? Did you combine different videos / strategies?

I used many videos, but Kreeperr's video was the most helpful and the one i recommend you use to complete insane. 

1 hour ago, ser_davos said:

Omg absolute legend! Well done, that is amazing work :highfive:

Thank you for recommending me Kreeperr's video Ser, its the easiest to follow and most detailed :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dernop said:

Omg, messiah run done! After my 12th attempt or so finally :)

I also used thekreeperrs video for the run, highly recommended.

Good luck to everyone who's also still going for it, definitely doable ;)

Gratz Dernop! Yeah watching video helps alot in getting through insane in as few attempts as possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dernop said:

After that stupid death near of the chapter 4 you deserved the plat !!
Only 3 trophies, congratz :D

4 hours ago, dernop said:

Yay that's great news, well done B)

I've been following the videos of Brian from pstrophies, harry, PP and the one posted up here but for some reason everytime I'm running on the log past the 2nd encounter with nick and laird he always shots me at the last bit of the log ? any tips or is totally random?

8 minutes ago, malandrins94 said:

I've been following the videos of Brian from pstrophies, harry, PP and the one posted up here but for some reason everytime I'm running on the log past the 2nd encounter with nick and laird he always shots me at the last bit of the log 1f622.png any tips or is totally random?

You mean after the school, when you open the door and they shoot at the window?

6 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

You mean after the school, when you open the door and they shoot at the window?

The section right after that, following Brian's video I dodge the arrows, get out of the window and rush to the house where i lock the doors, as soon as they bust them open  I go out of the window and straight on the edge of the cliff...after that I need to cross a fallen log through a cliff, almost at the end he always shots me

1 minute ago, malandrins94 said:

The section right after that, following Brian's video I dodge the arrows, get out of the window and rush to the house where i lock the doors, as soon as they bust them open  I go out of the window and straight on the edge of the cliff...after that I need to cross a fallen log through a cliff, almost at the end he always shots me

Make sure that you actually sprint on the log. It won't look like sprinting but it makes a difference! 

Just spam L3 while on the log.

Had the same problem in some of my early runs, just practice it on nightmare several times!

Good luck :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malandrins94 said:

You can't hesitate for a second in this part sorry :(
specially after the part when a crawler grabs you.. good luck :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

You can't hesitate for a second in this part sorry :(
specially after the part when a crawler grabs you.. good luck :)

17 minutes ago, dernop said:

Make sure that you actually sprint on the log. It won't look like sprinting but it makes a difference! 

Just spam L3 while on the log.

Had the same problem in some of my early runs, just practice it on nightmare several times!

Good luck :)

Reached that part again just now ? gonna try and do my best...thanks to both of you :D

EDIT: YES! MADE IT TO CHAPTER 3 ? (Imagine them as tears of joy) 

Edited by malandrins94
  • Like 1

Congrats!

Also just got the platinum, just had to do some collectible cleanup and the thoroughly baptized trophy. Wanted to make it my 700th milestone so i waited a day with that :)

So perhaps i can finally check out The Surge now ;)

17 hours ago, malandrins94 said:

EDIT: Forget all i said in this post

PLATINUM! Oh my, that was exhausting 1f62d.png Finally made it! (And even made it in the top 50 leaderboard D: )

Thanks for all the advices you gave me!

Congratz man in the future i'll try to be the fastest achiever :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got Messiah yesterday. I used TheKreeperr's video for the majority of the segments, although there are a few spots that I varied a bit:

• At 2:30, I would always get spotted in the water for some reason. It never caused me to die, but instead of veering left around the house in the water, I veered to the right and went through the window in the house.
  • At 24:20, you can back down the hallway until you hear the music, this saves you a tiny bit of battery.
  • At 30:30, you don't need to look upstairs to see Loutermilch, you can just jump over the railing.
  • At 31:30, flash your camera to be sure you're going straight, and then just run forward and constantly press X. When you get to the side of the pool, you'll pull yourself up and save a bunch of battery.
  • At 32:10, you can also back down this hallway to save a smidge of battery life (and time)
  • At 32:30, this was my biggest change. When the enemy drops down, back out of the crawl space and walk around next to the door that the video shows you using later. I crouched as I walked past it because I got spotted once, not sure if that's necessary or not. Wait on the wall just past the door. After a few seconds, another guy will come and start bashing the door down. On the fifth bash, he'll break down the door and slide 5 feet into the room. Run behind him and up the stairs.
  • At 35:25, again back down the hall until you hear the music for an extra tiny bit of time.
  • At 41:45, again back down the hall until you hear for an extra bit of time.

It ended up only taking me six tries (And I only made it after chapter 1 twice, including my successful run) so I'm pretty happy with that.

22 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Got Messiah yesterday. I used TheKreeperr's video for the majority of the segments, although there are a few spots that I varied a bit:

• At 2:30, I would always get spotted in the water for some reason. It never caused me to die, but instead of veering left around the house in the water, I veered to the right and went through the window in the house.
  • At 24:20, you can back down the hallway until you hear the music, this saves you a tiny bit of battery.
  • At 30:30, you don't need to look upstairs to see Loutermilch, you can just jump over the railing.
  • At 31:30, flash your camera to be sure you're going straight, and then just run forward and constantly press X. When you get to the side of the pool, you'll pull yourself up and save a bunch of battery.
  • At 32:10, you can also back down this hallway to save a smidge of battery life (and time)
  • At 32:30, this was my biggest change. When the enemy drops down, back out of the crawl space and walk around next to the door that the video shows you using later. I crouched as I walked past it because I got spotted once, not sure if that's necessary or not. Wait on the wall just past the door. After a few seconds, another guy will come and start bashing the door down. On the fifth bash, he'll break down the door and slide 5 feet into the room. Run behind him and up the stairs.
  • At 35:25, again back down the hall until you hear the music for an extra tiny bit of time.
  • At 41:45, again back down the hall until you hear for an extra bit of time.

It ended up only taking me six tries (And I only made it after chapter 1 twice, including my successful run) so I'm pretty happy with that.

Congratz for the plat, Thekreeperr's video can help a lot of people get through some difficult parts of the game

7 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

Congratz for the plat, Thekreeperr's video can help a lot of people get through some difficult parts of the game

Thanks!

The other thing I'd recommend is going through the dark sections and writing down how to get through them (go forward for a while, then jump, or go forward, then crouch to your right). For some of the outdoor spots you can look up and see the tops of the cliffs against the sky and can navigate that way. It helps a ton on battery, and I ended up finishing with 4-5 bars of battery left, and that was with basically leaving it on for most of the crawl chase with Val.

It felt like "only use one battery, and you lose 1/3 of it during a cutscene" felt so unfair at first, but once you know the game pretty well, you don't even need as much battery as they give you.

9 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

It felt like "only use one battery, and you lose 1/3 of it during a cutscene" felt so unfair at first, but once you know the game pretty well, you don't even need as much battery as they give you.

You actually don't "lose" battery, but it rather gets set to 2/3 or so after you get the camera back.

So if you use up your entire battery until they take the camera away, you'll actually gain 2/3 battery basically.

I guess it's meant like some kind of checkpoint for the no-reload run, but like you said you don't really need battery until later in the game so it really doesn't help much unfortunately. :(

Edited by dernop

8 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Thanks!

The other thing I'd recommend is going through the dark sections and writing down how to get through them (go forward for a while, then jump, or go forward, then crouch to your right). For some of the outdoor spots you can look up and see the tops of the cliffs against the sky and can navigate that way. It helps a ton on battery, and I ended up finishing with 4-5 bars of battery left, and that was with basically leaving it on for most of the crawl chase with Val.

I managed to get to the mines to use the camera only once (in the pool when you're being chased by the monster) it's not impossible when you know the mechanics of the game and you're really good at what you do :D
I also think it's stupid to lose some battery during chapter 2 , but this is something that is part of the game, I doubt RB will release a patch to correct that part

• 1 month later...
On 2017/6/6 at 4:28 PM, Rose Amicitia said:

I managed to get to the mines to use the camera only once (in the pool when you're being chased by the monster) it's not impossible when you know the mechanics of the game and you're really good at what you do :D
I also think it's stupid to lose some battery during chapter 2 , but this is something that is part of the game, I doubt RB will release a patch to correct that part

Hey rose!i want to ask when failed in outlast2 insane speedrun,How to fix my broken heart?

For now i can't do 4hrs platinum anymore...in 1.04?

today i tried 2 times and died for random situations:first for chapter5 and then in the end of chapter2

7 hours ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

Hey rose!i want to ask when failed in outlast2 insane speedrun,How to fix my broken heart1f623.png

For now i can't do 4hrs platinum anymore...in 1.041f61e.png

today i tried 2 times and died for random situations:first for chapter5 and then in the end of chapter2

I haven't played outlast 2 for a long time (I didn't even know they had released a new patch) lol
Which part do you die in speedrun? I'll try to see the best solution when I can.

13 hours ago, Rose Amicitia said:

I haven't played outlast 2 for a long time (I didn't even know they had released a new patch) lol
Which part do you die in speedrun? I'll try to see the best solution when I can.

always last supper part

developers must add some wires between trees 

for me,run=50% death,stealth=90% death

i tried almost all u2b player stratgy,and still can't find 100% pass

so much random for me?

31 minutes ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

always last supper part

developers must add some wires between trees 

for me,run=50% death,stealth=90% death

i tried almost all u2b player stratgy,and still can't find 100% pass

so much random for me1f61e.png

Wait a sec.... patch 1.04 ? i only have 1.03 !!

This patch is already running in your country??

When i have this patch (in the UK it's only 1.03 accessible) I'll help you! You'll probably be able to find a way to get there :P