Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

As long as there is no Chris Walker kinda guy breathing in my ears. I remember seeing him in the hallway for the first time in the original game after the church section and I was like: 

4QeLl_s-200x150.gif

Or when I was doing it on Insane, hid in the toilet and he was in front of the toilet door

1386827642_18jagum_17dkdbvg.gif

Or when in the sewer, as I was making my way to climb down the ladder, he suddenly turned around and saw me

mrw-when-i-accidentally-open-an-emergenc

Edited by FOX
  • Like 3

I freaking love horror games. Over 60 games completed on PS2/PS3/PC from that genre and I can't stress enough how I wait for Outlast 2. I will wait for some sale on PSN to buy the first game. Outlast 2 platinum will be mine! <Creepy laugh>

• Like 2

I am getting this, and I will platinum. I suspect it's gonna be really tough though since this game looks to be about twice as long as the original Outlast. I barely managed to get through Insane mode on the original Outlast + Whistleblower DLC, and now it's back, but twice as long, and you can't even reload the camera battery. Probably means that people are going to have to memorize a path through an area beforehand because the night vision on the camera doesn't seem to be an option. Either way, I'm excited and this platinum is probably one that I'm going to see through to the end, no matter how difficult it gets.

58 minutes ago, FOX said:

Or when I was doing it on Insane, hid in the toilet and he was in front of the toilet door

1386827642_18jagum_17dkdbvg.gif

Haha, I agree, Chris Walker was a big no no. I was nearing the end of my Insane run (going to the elevator to get into the basement area) and he popped up and I hid in the bathroom, I heard him come in and enter a stall on the far side so I ran out of it, planned on sprinting to the elevator with my slight advantage. Little did I know he had exited the bathroom, and when I ran out into the hall I ran into him, I got away but damn I've never been so close to a heart attack in my life.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Thropy_Hore said:

ugh i hate when the sequel has a plat & first game doesn't

TDU 2

Mercenaries 2

Titanfall 2

now Outlast 2

UGH

Reveal hidden contents

Guess I'll be buying this at some point

But the first Mercenaries was on PS2 and Titanfall was a Xbox One exclusive ?

17 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

But the first Mercenaries was on PS2 and Titanfall was a Xbox One exclusive ?

Yea but it's all the same; we will never platinum the first game. Doesn't that bother you? We can get 16 Assassins Creed platinums, but not the first game.

26 minutes ago, Thropy_Hore said:

Yea but it's all the same; we will never platinum the first game. Doesn't that bother you? We can get 16 Assassins Creed platinums, but not the first game.

Does not really bother me personally I loved the original Mercenaries I would welcome a PS2 to PS4 port with trophy support but given how badly optimised Mercenaries 2: World in Flames was (like the keeping all HVTs alive and they would die randomly for a Aces High trophy) I would not be too bothered if they did not do it. As for Titanfall 1 no I am not interested in a port as it was just like Battlefront and being online only with no story campaign so  not much point in even porting it as it would not add anything to Titanfall 2 as the game stands on its own merits and considered 2016s best shooter. 

I cannot wait to play Outlast 2. Absolutely loved the first game so this is a day 1 purchase for sure. Saying that, the platinum requirements for this game look re-DONK-ulous. I avoided the insane playthrough in the first game cause I don't have the patience for speedruns (especially when they have permadeath mixed in for added fun). Saying that, I am trying to challenge myself with obtaining difficult platinum trophies lately and bump up those ultra rare trophies so I may at least attempt getting the platinum. 

So, Insane is around 2hrs 30mins long. It's ridiculous, because the enemies are unpredictable in places and you lose 1/4 of your battery for no reason at all half way through the game. I have gotten near the end on Insane, but died as I had no battery left. If I had that extra I would have done it. I'll have a video up of that insane run, with about 15 mins added on at the end from Nightmare mode. Very, very hard.

2 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

So, Insane is around 2hrs 30mins long. It's ridiculous, because the enemies are unpredictable in places and you lose 1/4 of your battery for no reason at all half way through the game. I have gotten near the end on Insane, but died as I had no battery left. If I had that extra I would have done it. I'll have a video up of that insane run, with about 15 mins added on at the end from Nightmare mode. Very, very hard.

Personal impressions on the game as a whole?

5 minutes ago, FOX said:

Personal impressions on the game as a whole?

Good game, but like the the post above mentioned, the enemies are very unpredictable. It's got some great jump scares, really creepy music in places and it's a great horror game in that sense. I hope Insane gets some balancing as right now, it's impossible unless you know the game 110%.

I'll wait and see if there's any speed run skips that get found before attempting again.

Just now, Harry94_ said:

Good game, but like the the post above mentioned, the enemies are very unpredictable. It's got some great jump scares, really creepy music in places and it's a great horror game in that sense. I hope Insane gets some balancing as right now, it's impossible unless you know the game 110%.

I'll wait and see if there's any speed run skips that get found before attempting again.

Personally I hope they keep it very difficult. I would reckon knowing the game 110% should be the requirement for beating Insane. Doing that without refreshing your batteries however, that's something else. Thanks for responding and good luck!

2 minutes ago, FOX said:

Personally I hope they keep it very difficult. I would reckon knowing the game 110% should be the requirement for beating Insane. Doing that without refreshing your batteries however, that's something else. Thanks for responding and good luck!

I beat the game around 10 times. I did nightmare 3 times, and then a ton of practice in chapter select. It's not that it's difficult, it's that you can't predict things. Say an enemy goes one way on your playthroughs on nightmare, he'll be in a different spot on Insane. If you get spotted or weren't prepared for an enemy being there you are dead. You cant really correct yourself and get out of bad situations. Same for if you get hit by a lesser enemy, it'll make you bleed and slow your running speed down. Enemies run faster than you on insane so that's a death sentence. 

Just now, Harry94_ said:

I beat the game around 10 times. I did nightmare 3 times, and then a ton of practice in chapter select. It's not that it's difficult, it's that you can't predict things. Say an enemy goes one way on your playthroughs on nightmare, he'll be in a different spot on Insane. If you get spotted or weren't prepared for an enemy being there you are dead. You cant really correct yourself and get out of bad situations. Same for if you get hit by a lesser enemy, it'll make you bleed and slow your running speed down. Enemies run faster than you on insane so that's a death sentence. 

Seems to me that this unpredictability adds to the difficulty? Is it completely unfair? Does the game put you in a scenario that you can never win? If not, I wouldn't call it unfair or not difficult. Adapting in survival horror is a big part of it. But if it's truly putting you in no win situations, then sure, I would agree.

45 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

It's good to hear that, the harder the better ! i love to test my limits :)
On the first game i reach the final on insane mode without reloading the battery, but i know on this game everything will be different

1 hour ago, FOX said:

Seems to me that this unpredictability adds to the difficulty? Is it completely unfair? Does the game put you in a scenario that you can never win? If not, I wouldn't call it unfair or not difficult. Adapting in survival horror is a big part of it. But if it's truly putting you in no win situations, then sure, I would agree.

Quite a few situations, if you get spotted, you are dead. You can't get out of it by running and hiding. You also need camera light at the end, If you don't have any then there's no way you are getting through it xD

I'll put a few encounters in a spoiler below. Bear in mind, spoilers so only open if you don't care too much about enemies and areas.

Spoiler

There's an enemy with a bow, and the bow he shoots from miles away with pin point accuracy. If the bow hits you, you are dead. There's a few chase sequences were you have to be perfect to the second. If you mess up, a tiny bit, you'll get grabbed and instant killed. By mess up I mean moved the camera a little too slow/quick and didnt close a door quick enough.

1 hour ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

It's good to hear that, the harder the better ! i love to test my limits :)
On the first game i reach the final on insane mode without reloading the battery, but i know on this game everything will be different

Outlast 1 was much shorter, so not using a battery wasnt so bad. In this, it's 2hrs longer and you get 1/4 of the battery taken off you :(

Edited by Harry94_