Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

Well I must absolutely suck at Insane, as after dozens of attempts I still haven't even finished the first chapter. I can get through Nightmare just fine, but when it comes to Insane I either panic or get screwed in unscripted sections because enemies take a path I'm not used to. Even got caught on a texture in the same spot twice during one of the crawlspace chases, which is a lovely way to die.

1 hour ago, Dark_Raven666 said:

Well I must absolutely suck at Insane, as after dozens of attempts I still haven't even finished the first chapter. I can get through Nightmare just fine, but when it comes to Insane I either panic or get screwed in unscripted sections because enemies take a path I'm not used to. Even got caught on a texture in the same spot twice during one of the crawlspace chases, which is a lovely way to die.

That's why i said before that certain encounters is a matter of luck, sometimes it goes well, sometimes it goes wrong! While in the first game the enemies act in a "linear" way on the second it's all different!  The best way is to try to arrange a plan "A" and "B" in case things go wrong

4 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Getting all the collectibles while playing insane mode is something that rarely anyone will do (at least me)
This is something that deserves respect!

thank you?

2 hours ago, malandrins94 said:

Amazing! Simply amazing! Congrats on the plat :D  I keep on dying at the archer ahahah

PS: That persona theme tho <3

thanks~   about archer you can see harry's video!he did very well in that scene!

1 hour ago, Dark_Raven666 said:

insane got much randomize situations,if you want,please tell me where you stucked,i can give your advice for that?glad to help you!fps master!

49 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

That's why i said before that certain encounters is a matter of luck, sometimes it goes well, sometimes it goes wrong! While in the first game the enemies act in a "linear" way on the second it's all different!  The best way is to try to arrange a plan "A" and "B" in case things go wrong

bfae17b6gy1ff1z5zkloyj21hc0u07wh.jpg

& need care CE-34878-0?

• Like 1

Fun fact for anyone waiting for a big skip in this game. If you skip a checkpoint you will get killed by the next checkpoint. Lets say you get checkpoint 1 and using a glitch you somehow skip checkpoint 2 when you reach checkpoint 3 the game will insta kill you. So we wont get any big skips like in Outlast 1. Got this confirmed by a speedrunner.

5 hours ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

thank you?

thanks~   about archer you can see harry's video!he did very well in that scene!

insane got much randomize situations,if you want,please tell me where you stucked,i can give your advice for that?glad to help you!fps master!

bfae17b6gy1ff1z5zkloyj21hc0u07wh.jpg

& need care CE-34878-0?

Hi, im need help with Marta in the Town before a Chapel. Too much random, in 2/3 situations, she kills me, too annoying.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Fun fact for anyone waiting for a big skip in this game. If you skip a checkpoint you will get killed by the next checkpoint. Lets say you get checkpoint 1 and using a glitch you somehow skip checkpoint 2 when you reach checkpoint 3 the game will insta kill you. So we wont get any big skips like in Outlast 1. Got this confirmed by a speedrunner.

Even on insane mode? I saw a MattMatt video about it, but i didnt get it :/

7 minutes ago, xat4012 said:

Hi, im need help with Marta in the Town before a Chapel. Too much random, in 2/3 situations, she kills me, too annoying.

Thats true insane doesnt have checkpoints. I didnt even think about that. Feeling a little stupid. Guess we will have to wait to get it verified if it works or not.

Yeah mattmatt10111 has a video showing this ingame feature.

Edited by Quink666

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

If insane doesn't have checkpoints you can do those glitches, but i prefer to play without to skip parts

15 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Thats true insane doesnt have checkpoints. I didnt even think about that. Feeling a little stupid. Guess we will have to wait to get it verified if it works or not.

Yeah mattmatt10111 has a video showing this ingame feature.

I assume it functions the same regardless, if you don't pass a point in the game where it would normally trigger a checkpoint then pass one where it does it kills you. I doubt the actual act of it checkpointing is the trigger, those are just the points where it checks to see if you skipped something. 

Just now, Gage said:

I assume it functions the same regardless, if you don't pass a point in the game where it would normally trigger a checkpoint then pass one where it does it kills you. I doubt the actual act of it checkpointing is the trigger, those are just the points where it checks to see if you skipped something. 

That might very well  be a possibility aswell.

14 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

That might very well  be a possibility aswell.

i perfer to play without glitch but no glitch will increase the game's difficulty(For Messiah)..[Actually i don't know how to trigger the glitch for Outlast1:dance:

40 minutes ago, xat4012 said:

when u get to the elevator,Matra comes,that scene?

There u can circle around with Marta,See my video from 34:08 to 34:40

1.when Marta find you,the music goes,see her step,1,2,3 then fast turn around,run 0.5s and check behind,make sure she chase you,【2↓】run a circle,and downstairs with jump on that rock.run to the elevator.(80% success)

2.if she get upstairs and chase you,just,fast...fast!turn around!and run for the elevator!!!(50% success).

3.you got hurt and no bandage you got,when trigger Marta,turn left and hiding there,if she comes to you,(30% alive),if she don't,music stop,ur safe.

that's all situation i got,hope i can help you

2 minutes ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

i perfer to play without glitch but no glitch will increase the game's difficulty(For Messiah)..[Actually i don't know how to trigger the glitch for Outlast1:dance:

Who likes a good challenge doesn't take advantage of a "glitch" ! they play the game in a normal way, but that's why all people are different and with a different way of thinking  :dance:

5 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Who likes a good challenge doesn't take advantage of a "glitch" ! they play the game in a normal way, but that's why all people are different and with a different way of thinking  :dance:

but seriously..when i play i want to skip the cutscene for the chopper,that's nightmare for me now.....

i dunno what developer think,can't they just..when died,like Outlast1,just play?no more cutscene:dance:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

but seriously..when i play i want to skip the cutscene for the chopper,that's nightmare for me now.....

i dunno what developer think,can't they just..when died,like Outlast1,just play?no more cutscene:dance:

No more painnnn :)
What developers wanted the majority to have this kind of feeling :

"Hey kid O1 was easy?time to sufferrrrr"

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

No more painnnn :)
What developers wanted the majority to have this kind of feeling :

"Hey kid O1 was easy?time to sufferrrrr"

Reveal hidden contents

Sufeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrr yeah!

i ask developer why don't put on sale on my country's PSstore,they still no answer,i'm very sad...because for outlast1 they surely put on!

and i have to change my account for buying OUTLAST2...for expensive price..that's my suffer too

29 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

yes, the cutscenes are very annoying. The first chapter is also very boring I find, and it's mainly running in easy encounters. Rope encounter is the worst part in my opinion, and Sakura just runs through that without any hesitation xD

?just feel lucky!

in that part,if running with some hesitation,maybe you will trigger 1 or 2 enemy in front of you,or behind twins,there will be a enemy waiting for you,but don't panic,he is slow.except you are very close to him!and still,careful twins arrow!

that's what i thought:P

Edited by Sakura_p789cs

10 minutes ago, NiNJAzTechnique said:

Would uploading your save to the cloud when playing on insane work so you don't have to start over?

No, there's no saving. You have to do the entire thing in one go. 

2 hours ago, NiNJAzTechnique said:

Would uploading your save to the cloud when playing on insane work so you don't have to start over?

As someone have said you have to do everything at once, you can pause the game but can't abandon it otherwise you loses all progress

9 hours ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

when u get to the elevator,Matra comes,that scene?

There u can circle around with Marta,See my video from 34:08 to 34:40

1.when Marta find you,the music goes,see her step,1,2,3 then fast turn around,run 0.5s and check behind,make sure she chase you,【2↓】run a circle,and downstairs with jump on that rock.run to the elevator.(80% success)

2.if she get upstairs and chase you,just,fast...fast!turn around!and run for the elevator!!!(50% success).

3.you got hurt and no bandage you got,when trigger Marta,turn left and hiding there,if she comes to you,(30% alive),if she don't,music stop,ur safe.

that's all situation i got,hope i can help you

Thx, but i asked about a moment when you need to push a wagon.

15 minutes ago, xat4012 said:

New interesting glitch on the "Temple Gate Town Square". Marta wont even able to see you. May it help someone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mfnUfYboo 

The probability of this happening is always 5-10%, in the woods when i ran away from the pursuers, there was one who was on my way and didn't attack me, however when i wanted to do the same i died

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima