Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

i also tried my first, real Messiah run yesterday. made it pretty far to my surprise, but i died in one of the last (and most difficult imho) school encounters where loutermilch is chasing you into the bathroom stalls. (i think it's called "murder before suicide" or something)

i always have problems making it back from the bathroom, up the stairs where you have to open the door to the dark hallway... he grabbed me when opening the double doors up there.

tried it again on nightmare after that several times and i never really made it consistently. he seems to be way too fast and blake takes too long to open those two doors there. loutermilch grabbed me 9 out of 10 times there. pretty sure i'm doing something wrong or whatever.

are you supposed to close any doors behind you to slow him down or something?

2 hours ago, dernop said:

i also tried my first, real Messiah run yesterday. made it pretty far to my surprise, but i died in one of the last (and most difficult imho) school encounters where loutermilch is chasing you into the bathroom stalls. (i think it's called "murder before suicide" or something)

i always have problems making it back from the bathroom, up the stairs where you have to open the door to the dark hallway... he grabbed me when opening the double doors up there.

tried it again on nightmare after that several times and i never really made it consistently. he seems to be way too fast and blake takes too long to open those two doors there. loutermilch grabbed me 9 out of 10 times there. pretty sure i'm doing something wrong or whatever.

are you supposed to close any doors behind you to slow him down or something?

You talking in the part when you start running on the WC? If it's that part you don't need to close any doors, just be quick to open the doors, after reaching the stairs turn left and then right. smash the fucking square button to open the doors!!

6 hours ago, imOvray said:

grats again on making it :P hopefully tomorrow will be my glory moment

I noticed that you blocked the doors in the house and jumped out of the window, but you made a mistake: you were discovered by the twins. What i usually do and 100% of the time i've been succeed is to enter the house, lock the doors and wait in the window crouched without they spot me !
Good luck next time :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

You talking in the part when you start running on the WC? If it's that part you don't need to close any doors, just be quick to open the doors, after reaching the stairs turn left and then right. smash the fucking square button to open the doors!!

I noticed that you blocked the doors in the house and jumped out of the window, but you made a mistake: you were discovered by the twins. What i usually do and 100% of the time i've been succeed is to enter the house, lock the doors and wait in the window crouched without they spot me !
Good luck next time :)

so you just wait for him to bust the door without having spotted you?

Had my first attempt since I last posted here, made it significantly further than previous attempts. Died during the chase sequence just before you enter the School section with the Library. Ran out of stamina. But I'll get it soon enough now, just glad to have finally completed Chapter 1 :P

3 hours ago, Dark_Raven666 said:

Had my first attempt since I last posted here, made it significantly further than previous attempts. Died during the chase sequence just before you enter the School section with the Library. Ran out of stamina. But I'll get it soon enough now, just glad to have finally completed Chapter 1 :P

That's great progress, about as far as I've ever made it too. I'm definitely having much more luck on the new patch though, glad to hear others are as well.

16 minutes ago, dernop said:

Omfg, i made it literally 10 seconds or so further than last time, what an epic fail: https://youtu.be/RTIx5z_F-II

i had enough for today, good luck to everyone who's giving it try right now! :)

Oh my god that is such bad luck! I would have to stop for the night as well if that happened to me -_- you're making it far in on your runs though, definitely won't be long until you have it finished!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dernop said:

Omfg, i made it literally 10 seconds or so further than last time, what an epic fail: https://youtu.be/RTIx5z_F-II

i had enough for today, good luck to everyone who's giving it try right now! :)

I'm careful in these parts, you never know if the character automatically goes to the wall... good luck next time

4 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

I'm careful in these parts, you never know if the character automatically goes to the wall... good luck next time

That never happened to me before, didn't know you could actually fall there :(

Oh well, I'll just be more careful next time ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ser_davos said:

Just managed to get the platinum... It only took me 38 Insane attempts :P

If I can do it then anyone can! Good luck everyone trying to complete this! And thanks again to people in this thread sharing great advice and videos :)

congrats! i'm on my sixth attempt or so, really can't do more than one or two attempts per evening especially since i almost always manage to get to just before the mine chapter without too much issues now. that's just too much time down the drain until there.

had some unlucky runs yesterday, sometimes enemies spawn/behave differently for some reason i guess: https://youtu.be/ZeO27uPvahg

as mentioned in the comments there it very well may be because i didn't crouch, but i'm pretty sure i did it often without crouching and i even replayed that part on nightmare a couple of times. seems like the first enemy sometimes just walks into this back area first (even when i'm not even near there. i hid somewhere else and he still went to the back), really strange.

after that i tried it one more time but already died in the martha section while pushing the cart. she somehow teleported behind me twice and i panicked :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ser_davos said:

If I can do it then anyone can! Good luck everyone trying to complete this! And thanks again to people in this thread sharing great advice and videos :)

congrats dude you deserve it :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dernop said:

congrats! i'm on my sixth attempt or so, really can't do more than one or two attempts per evening especially since i almost always manage to get to just before the mine chapter without too much issues now. that's just too much time down the drain until there.

had some unlucky runs yesterday, sometimes enemies spawn/behave differently for some reason i guess: https://youtu.be/ZeO27uPvahg

as mentioned in the comments there it very well may be because i didn't crouch, but i'm pretty sure i did it often without crouching and i even replayed that part on nightmare a couple of times. seems like the first enemy sometimes just walks into this back area first (even when i'm not even near there. i hid somewhere else and he still went to the back), really strange.

after that i tried it one more time but already died in the martha section while pushing the cart. she somehow teleported behind me twice and i panicked :(

Thank you :) and I suppose in a way that's a good problem to have because you're consistently getting to the final chapters of the game so all it will take is that one lucky run and the trophy will be yours very soon. In 35 attempts pre-patch I never even got past Nick and Laird lol so things could be worse :P

Just watched your video, another very unfortunate death :( I also never bothered to crouch before he came through the door, I had no idea it was even possible for the first enemy to path into the back room like that. I only ever reached that section post-patch one time (on my successful Insane run) so unfortunately can't give any good advice. Maybe the comment on YouTube suggests to crouch because the first enemy has a chance to look into the back room but will only walk into it if he sees you standing there? So you're supposed to crouch down until the 4th bang on the door (he breaks through on the 5th bang) when you get up ready to run? That's the only reason I can think why crouching at that point would be necessary.

As for Marta cart section that was where a lot of my deaths took place. Sometimes she teleported behind me so I ran from her around to the cart and she teleported behind me again! Out of stamina or half a second too slow = goodbye run -_- at least that part isn't too far into the game so you don't lose huge progress.

9 hours ago, imOvray said:

congrats dude you deserve it :)

Thank you very much my friend B)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ser_davos said:

Congratz man :D

Now it's time for SaintHorizon to get platinum (it's a matter of time)

35- Me :P
37- @Quink666
38- @imOvray
40- @ser_davos

Maybe 41 will be saint? let's see :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Congratz man :D

Now it's time for SaintHorizon to get platinum (it's a matter of time)

35- Me :P
37- @Quink666
38- @imOvray
40- @ser_davos

Maybe 41 will be saint? let's see :D

Thank you :D

Saint only played the game for the first time ever yesterday but he already managed to get most of the trophies so you're right, only a matter of time now until he joins the platinum club, and hopefully the top 50 first achievers as well B)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ser_davos said:

Thank you :D

Saint only played the game for the first time ever yesterday but he already managed to get most of the trophies so you're right, only a matter of time now until he joins the platinum club, and hopefully the top 50 first achievers as well B)

Dunno who SaintHorizon is, but I just checked out of curiosity and saw that he (?) obtained the platinum after just 2 days. That's incredible! It's either insane skills and dedication or practice on another account. :P

• Like 2

Just after getting the platinum! Got it on my first attempt lol, beginners luck :D And im the fastest platinum achiever (for now lol) Almost go killed down in the mines at the part when Val is chasing you at the crawling part, took a hit but managed to heal up and get through it. 

5 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Dunno who SaintHorizon is, but I just checked out of curiosity and saw that he (?) obtained the platinum after just 2 days. That's incredible! It's either insane skills and dedication or practice on another account. :P

Hey thanks man, i looked at plenty of videos before attempting insane and managed to do it first try :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaintHorizon said:

Just after getting the platinum! Got it on my first attempt lol, beginners luck :D And im the fastest platinum achiever (for now lol) Almost go killed down in the mines at the part when Val is chasing you at the crawling part, took a hit but managed to heal up and get through it. 

Hey thanks man, i looked at plenty of videos before attempting insane and managed to do it first try :D

Not bad for a "newbie" :P

Congratz

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima

2 hours ago, SaintHorizon said:

lol, this makes me hope. Which videos did you use? Did you combine different videos / strategies?

2 hours ago, SaintHorizon said:

Omg absolute legend! Well done, that is amazing work :highfive:

• Like 1