Own Trophy List?

Didn't know this was getting its own list.  But it also makes me wonder, isn't Plague Knight suppose to be having a standalone version of his campaign? At least, I was certain that's what I read.

I'll be giving this a go, eve if I'm not the biggest fan of Shovel Knight, but Specter Knight's campaign looks pretty awesome.

Yeah pretty sure the old ones will be updated to be stand alone. I have mine update my original Shovel Knight list from the ps3 but I'm hoping they just left my poor 100% completion alone as getting the Plague of Shadows trophies deserved a platinum trophy all on its own. I would be totally ok with them just letting me get this in stand alone form. 

Wonder if the trophies are the same when added to an existing Shovel Knight list?

• Like 1

Let's hope they release this list for the original game owners. Please not other disappointed trophies as with Plague Knight, though the campaign was great! Let's hope that they add a new list for us with Plague Knight, but yet that means doing 100% feats again.

I might get the physical copy as well. Well yes, I love the game damn much that I should get it physical (even though I have it digital).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Let's hope they release this list for the original game owners. Please not other disappointed trophies as with Plague Knight, though the campaign was great! Let's hope that they add a new list for us with Plague Knight, but yet that means doing 100% feats again.

I might get the physical copy as well. Well yes, I love the game damn much that I should get it physical (even though I have it digital).

Well, I have yet to get around to finishing off the campaign to start us Plague Knight's campaign.  But for me, it wont matter, I want to get Plague Knight and Specter Knight's campaigns on their own.  Well, so long as Plague Knight is indeed, getting his own standalone release, cause I'd be glad to get that, as I do want to play them as I said.

2 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Doubt that the DLC version will get this many trophies.

And yeah, eventually Plague Of Shadows will release as a standalone as well, at least that's the claim made by the devs.

I appreciate their work enough to buy the Shovel Knight amiibo, so I understand sponsoring them with a physical release :) might want to do a different platform though so it's not a completely useless purchase.

To all people interested in this standalone, I've been playing it kn the Switch and it's very cool, Specter Knight handles very well. Personally I'd just get the full Shovel Knight version though so you can play that one and the eventual King Knight campaign as well without paying more.

9 minutes ago, Thoazol said:

Ok thank you. I did look through their twitter & everywhere else but there's a lot going on around launch on a new console as well as releasing the new DLC itself so I missed it. 

It's a real shame. I'm not sure I agree with someone purchasing it now getting more trophies than someone that got it at launch or even backed it. It has a (yeah your content is still free like promised BUT) vibe to it. They're good guys though, so I'll support them. I feel like this fact was buried a little but I guess a majority of people don't care about trophies anyway. 

16 minutes ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Ok thank you. I did look through their twitter & everywhere else but there's a lot going on around launch on a new console as well as releasing the new DLC itself so I missed it. 

It's a real shame. I'm not sure I agree with someone purchasing it now getting more trophies than someone that got it at launch or even backed it. It has a (yeah your content is still free like promised BUT) vibe to it. They're good guys though, so I'll support them. I feel like this fact was buried a little but I guess a majority of people don't care about trophies anyway. 

Yeah I doubt "our backers need to get many trophies" was ever on their minds.

Also, seeing as the original had 38 trophies, giving each DLC as many trophies would have gone way over the maximum trophy limit.

If you care about trophies, look on the bright side: by double-dipping in the standalones, you get more platinum trophies, which never would have happened in DLC anyway.

• Like 1

God damn it. I don't care about the trophies, but I loved playing this so much on the Switch that I actually got most of these already and could probably go for the plat. There's a few that I reckon would fuck me though, I reckon I could do an hour and a half though, my run on new game plus is about 2 hours and nearly done and that is with SOO many deaths, so on normal mode I'm familiar enough that it would be a box of piss.

Oh well. Still keeping my eye out for a disc copy on PS4, could care less about the trophies, but I want the physical version... even though that physical version is just the main game and some digital updates anyways nowadays.

1 hour ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

I suppose I should have listed a source right away. Anyways, I wonder if it would have been possible to make the standalone version available for free for Treasure Trove owners, so that the game functions a bit like a season pass at the same time.

2 hours ago, BlackCatBurrito said:

Lame. This is gonna be a lot of work, a platinums amount worth apparently, rolled up into 2 measly bronze and silver trophies... great. ?  but I'm gonna do it to preserve my 100% completion as ill have to do with King Knight as well. I've gone too far to just leave it, plus cross play on my PS4 also softens the blow quite a bit. Its better than going back to my old 3 file.

Well shit.

I don't know how much Specter Knight will cost for me. Having just two trophies for the original owners is an insult. Plaque Knight takes a lot of work if you want to achieve all feats, he is more difficult to master than Shovel Knight.

Personally I love the game so I'll probably get around to buying Specter Knight. I'm just not overly happy with how Yacht Club Games is doing it.

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Well shit.

I don't know how much Specter Knight will cost for me. Having just two trophies for the original owners is an insult. Plaque Knight takes a lot of work if you want to achieve all feats, he is more difficult to master than Shovel Knight.

Personally I love the game so I'll probably get around to buying Specter Knight. I'm just not overly happy with how Yacht Club Games is doing it.

I don't know. From my vantage, we're still getting no-strings-attached, completely free DLC. Further, woth this setup, it's possible we might see a standalone as a PS+ game (either discount or monthly "freebie").

I don't see how the world is at all worse for original owners of the game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't see how the world is at all worse for original owners of the game.

If they just do the same two trophies as Plague Knight you're doing (I assume) more than the plat requirement for the separate list for a single silver trophy. 

They should have just had them link to the same list, it's already been shown that can be done. 

3 hours ago, Gage said:

If they just do the same two trophies as Plague Knight you're doing (I assume) more than the plat requirement for the separate list for a single silver trophy. 

They should have just had them link to the same list, it's already been shown that can be done. 

Technically you're doing a little bit more with Plague Knight. Some of the feats are a bit difficult if you're not used to the character. Nothing we can do about it now though.

I agree. I don't want to have to pay more off of the store, since the DLC is free if you own Shovel Knight.

1 hour ago, lesk8vaincra said:

I did not follow this release, but i'd like to know:

- will this list be available for free for people that bought the game?
- I did not take the time to finish the original DLC because it was too much hassle for only 2 trophies. Will it also get a full list?

"will this list be available for free for people that bought the game?"

From everything that's been said here, no. You will receive the DLC as normal, but that DLC will only have two trophies, much like the Plague Knight DLC. 

"I did not take the time to finish the original DLC because it was too much hassle for only 2 trophies. Will it also get a full list?"

Again, it seems like it will get a full list, but if you purchased the original game and still want access to that list, you will have to re-purchase the standalone.

13 hours ago, Gage said:

Maybe, but the fact is, people are complaining about first-world problems here.

Look - the entire root of this complaint is that Shovel Knight purchasers aren't being given access to a plat. But why would they expect that? Yacht Club is still releasing the DLC, for free, as they promised. It seems that original purchasers would have been happier if Yacht Club simply never released a standalone version, but I don't understand that. The original purchasers lose nothing from their original purchase at all.

As a purchaser of Shovel Knight, I am certainly entitled to free DLC, as was promised. Yacht Club is delivering on this promise without fail. This isn't a case of, say, No Man's Sky, where promises were made only to be broken. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

"will this list be available for free for people that bought the game?"

From everything that's been said here, no. You will receive the DLC as normal, but that DLC will only have two trophies, much like the Plague Knight DLC. 

"I did not take the time to finish the original DLC because it was too much hassle for only 2 trophies. Will it also get a full list?"

Again, it seems like it will get a full list, but if you purchased the original game and still want access to that list, you will have to re-purchase the standalone.

Maybe, but the fact is, people are complaining about first-world problems here.

Look - the entire root of this complaint is that Shovel Knight purchasers aren't being given access to a plat. But why would they expect that? Yacht Club is still releasing the DLC, for free, as they promised. It seems that original purchasers would have been happier if Yacht Club simply never released a standalone version, but I don't understand that. The original purchasers lose nothing from their original purchase at all.

As a purchaser of Shovel Knight, I am certainly entitled to free DLC, as was promised. Yacht Club is delivering on this promise without fail. This isn't a case of, say, No Man's Sky, where promises were made only to be broken. 

Still, it'd be doing every single feat twice. Many people want a separate trophy list for the DLC and receive a Platinum for their hard effort, unlike Plague Knight DLC with only two trophies. Not really motivating.

But yet, Yacht Club confirmed that the original version will get two trophies just like Plague Knight. Great... Fun. fun. fun.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

2 hours ago, MMIB99 said:

Isn't the update out in North America today? There still isn't a DLC trophy list as far as I can see and according to this site, no one owns the standalone version.

Well, it's pointing to June 30th? I just ask as well because that's what it's saying on the trophy page.  So maybe it's being delayed a little bit? Hard to say though, still hoping it's releasing here soon too.

Edit: For those wondering, it's out in North America as Yacht Club Games have stated according to their Twitter: https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames

Edited by DrakeHellsing