"Run Like The Wind" trophy unobtainable (PS3)

ULTRAUNKNOWN888

I have a big problem with the "Run Like The Wind" trophy.

I can not offer a bounty for another player, and the other players can not offer a bounty for me, the other way to get a bounty for my head is stealing cars from NPC's, but this does not work, this option should be unlocked since level 10, but it's locked with the icon of a lock, My friend with rank 391 also has blocked this option, how is this possible if my friend had this option unlocked for a long time?

My question is, does anyone else have this same bug?

EDIT: When I posted this thread I thought that this problem was a bug, but weeks later I understood that Rockstar Games disabled the bounties in the game, Rockstar Support finally gave me an answer that solved my doubts in May 17, 2017 (the third post in this thread).

Rockstar Support posted this article ( https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005592527 ) in April 11, 2017, which makes me think that this day was when the bounties were disabled.

EDIT: There is another method to obtain a bounty for your head, related with gang attacks and the leader of each one of the different gangs in Los Santos (The Lost MC, Los Santos Vagos, The Professionals, etc.), which consists on defeat the same gang in 5 different gang attacks in a row in one session, after, the leader of the gang defeated 5 times will send you a message threatening you and finally, placing a bounty on your online character. I can confirm that this was also DISABLED when the bounties were disabled. (Probably this will come back if some day the bounties are re-enabled in PS3. This probably works on PS4, because there the bounties work normally.)

Many players have obtained this trophy because the mod menu users can put bounties on players (this is the only current method to obtain this trophy, but it's not 100% legitimate).

If there is relevant information about this trophy, I will say it here.

Edited by ULTRAUNKNOWN888
Add new information.

This problem was presented to me for the first time on April 17, 2017, and the list of people who have obtained this trophy has been reducing since that day, probably people who obtain this trophy after April 17 already had before a reward for his head.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2093-grand-theft-auto-v/42-run-like-the-wind

I have contacted Rockstar Support, but the agents who provide help are useless who do not know how to do their job.

If this problem persists, the platinum trophy could become unobtainable for the new players (including me), at least by the legitimate way. 

Congrats Bugstar Games, congrats.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The agents of Rockstar Games say that, because cheaters can modify RP and money , some functions were disabled, (referring to the bounties) (since the cheaters can use the bounties to give illegitimate money to the other players).

For now it does not seem that they intend to re-enable the bounties option, when this option is enabled again, I will say it here, but for now this trophy is unobtainable by the legitimate way.

I write this to inform players who do not know what happens to this trophy.

In any case, the most recent achievers of this trophy are suspicious, honestly.

And sorry for my bad english.

Grand Theft Auto V in PS3 is one of the games with more cheaters, I am not surprised that this trophy (run like the wind) is obtained when it is currently impossible, (As an example only see the list of 100% fastest achievers).

There is a chance that those players who have won the trophy recently, already had a bounty for their head since before the option of the bounties were disabled, but knowing how people are, it's hard to believe, it is very difficult to know which player is a cheater and which player is legitimate.

Hello,

fuc***ng cheaters ! We cant earn this trophy because of them and my account was hacked yesterday,  I was level 27 then, in 2 seconds, I was level more than 100. I turn off my PS3, but level trophies pop...that was the same for Red Dead, for GTA 4 ...Rockstar games... Never again !

Edited by zomba666
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is another way to trigger a bounty on your head. Keep stealing NPC vehicles (go after the sport/expensive looking cars) and hope they send you a text in revenge then survive it. I'm not sure if this way counts for the trophy but have you tried it? it might work.

5 hours ago, Killarpong said:

I haven't been lucky yet to get a bounty on my head from an npc.  I will let you know if it works once I get one.

people have been trying that from posts i've seen on playstationtrophies.org, and that don't work either. :c  people really think rockstar has completely moved on from the past gen versions and it'll just remain this way. i was thinking about giving this game another go i put it on my to play shelf, then i've been reading all this on this trophy, so i put it back away.

since april there's been a lot of achievers though.

This is really beginning to irritate me. They haven't updated the article since mid-May, and when I sent them a message asking about any sort of time-frame for when this feature will become available again, they gave me a useless copy-paste answer. :c

Screenshots below the spoiler.

Spoiler

My message:

t0KnisM.png

Response:

aAnzNAA.png

Yeah...thanks for linking me to the article I already referenced. 

Very disappointing.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 0:14 PM, CptnBootyShorts said:

This is really beginning to irritate me. They haven't updated the article since mid-May, and when I sent them a message asking about any sort of time-frame for when this feature will become available again, they gave me a useless copy-paste answer. :c

Screenshots below the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

My message:

t0KnisM.png

Response:

aAnzNAA.png

Yeah...thanks for linking me to the article I already referenced. 

Very disappointing.

I was blocked on Twitter for asking the same thing about the time-frame fix for this trophy. Now I can no longer send inbox messages to the rockstar support page. 

Great customer service..

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 5:08 PM, Aexuz said:

I was blocked on Twitter for asking the same thing about the time-frame fix for this trophy. Now I can no longer send inbox messages to the rockstar support page. 

Great customer service..

wow, that speaks volumes. makes me think of the few posters on playstationtrophies.org that said to honestly not expect anything to be done concerning this. i check between this forum and the other trophy site to see if its been fixed to possiblly pull out the game, as i'm not sure where the rockstar forum is concerning this matter. every time i find a page to browse i cant find anything. but anyways, ouch. maybe i'll just get san andreas instead. i enjoyed older GTA's compared to 4 and 5.

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, ULTRAUNKNOWN888 said:

This problem was presented to me for the first time on April 17, 2017, and the list of people who have obtained this trophy has been reducing since that day, probably people who obtain this trophy after April 17 already had before a reward for his head.

I have contacted Rockstar Support, but the agents who provide help are useless who do not know how to do their job.

If this problem persists, the platinum trophy could become unobtainable for the new players (including me), at least by the legitimate way. 

Congrats Bugstar Games, congrats.

Bugstar Games!  I love it!  That's RockStar in a nutshell.  All hype with very little attention to quality assurance and the end result is buggy and/or broken games.

• Like 2