ULTRAUNKNOWN888

"Run Like The Wind" trophy unobtainable (PS3)

181 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aexuz said:

No worries man. Even if they aprove this trophy as whitelisted at some point I would still wait another year to see if Rockstar fix the trophy by themselves. I always play it save no matter what :)

 

Nice. Yea, I'd rather be wrong about it. I just know the pitchforks and torches are always out, ready to pounch on anything that moves. 

 

I've personally never seen anybody officially whitelist this trophy, but they should.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Phil said:

 

Nice. Yea, I'd rather be wrong about it. I just know the pitchforks and torches are always out, ready to pounch on anything that moves. 

 

I've personally never seen anybody officially whitelist this trophy, but they should.

 

Yeah no so long ago I hear about Red Dead Redemption case that is a close escenario or even worst but no one was getting flagged at all. I'm not sure what exactly you need to do in RDR but I remember reading something like shooting dead bodies will unlock some trophies faster in hacked lobbies and all people was getting the trophies with this method but it was considered an ok exploit.

 

What worries me the most is that there is no clear position about the flagging of this trophy yet. It always end up with divided opinions and without closure.
 

Edited by Aexuz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I just did that but didn't find anything "Run like the Wind" related... at least in the 2 first pages of disputes. 

 

Not that I agree it should be flagged, quite on the contrary, but it can be flagged. I know MMDE particularly doesn't touch any reports for Run Like The Wind, he said it himself, but I don't know about grimydawg. Anyway, here are some disputes where it was brought up:

 

 

 

Just within the first page for Grand Theft Auto V disputes. So, beware if you choose to get a bounty through a modder, you'll run the risk of getting flagged here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Otonio_Bruno

 

Yes MMDE said that he discussed it with the other guys and the trophy will not be flagged anymore - that is how I understand it at least. grimydawg was lifting the flags on RLTW in the first place. 

 

 

 

Edited by derdimi
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people need to let this one go.

 

I don't think Rockstar cares at all how GTA Online is faring on the PS3 version. Everything they've been working on is on the PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V.

 

If Red Dead Redemption ever gets re-released as a remaster or whatever I sure hope the servers will be a lot better. The servers on the PS3 are just awful. Plenty of hackers/glitchers and you're bound to run into at least one of them if you play online all day. Thankfully most of the trophies can be boosted in Private Free Roam which is invite only.

 

It sucks not much has been done on the PS3 version but it's no longer the prominent game. The PS4 is where the money is at and obviously that's what Rockstar has been focusing on.

 

At least they're working on Red Dead Redemption. For a while it seemed that all they cared about was GTA Online.

 

Run Like the Wind is technically still obtainable, but I wouldn't bank on people being completely in the clear. A shame Rockstar removed the ability and even a bigger shame people got flagged for the trophy.

Edited by Spaz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no point in discussing the legitimacy or flagging this trophy. Most of the achievers, after the trophy became unobtainable, got it through hackers in public lobbies. Let these players in peace, if Rockstar don't want to fix it, they have all the reasons to get it that way. There shouldn't even be a dispute for such a stupid matter.

 

As I have already said a million times, most of the RDR players leveled up in hacked lobbies but the question about the legitimacy of these trophies never came up even though it's the same thing, so please, stop the nonsense.

 

Do you want the trophy? Just go to a public lobby and hope that a modder places a bounty on you, that's it, period.

No silly flagging, whitelisting or anything. Leave and let leave.

Edited by Guidest
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, derdimi said:

@Otonio_Bruno

 

Yes MMDE said that he discussed it with the other guys and the trophy will not be flagged anymore - that is how I understand it at least. grimydawg was lifting the flags on RLTW in the first place. 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the update. I know there are people in my Discord group who have this game sitting incomplete. I'll pass the word around. Thanks for finding that. Very appreciated. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I'd rather not deal with this, when there are people who claim their horses did trophies for them on other games.  This ain't a big deal for me, and you still need to play the game otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phil said:

Thanks for the update. I know there are people in my Discord group who have this game sitting incomplete. I'll pass the word around. Thanks for finding that. Very appreciated. 

 

I wouldn't get too excited about that. Even in that linked post it only says that this trophy might be considered for the whitelist, which if it's ever added to the site, could be as basic as still requiring you to hide the game but it not counting towards your 3 strikes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Do not think that Rockstar Games is going to fix this trophy again. They just care about the PS4 version. On the PS3 version there are some hackers who can give you a bounty. You just need luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2018 at 4:27 PM, Aexuz said:

 

Yeah no so long ago I hear about Red Dead Redemption case that is a close escenario or even worst but no one was getting flagged at all. I'm not sure what exactly you need to do in RDR but I remember reading something like shooting dead bodies will unlock some trophies faster in hacked lobbies and all people was getting the trophies with this method but it was considered an ok exploit.

 

What worries me the most is that there is no clear position about the flagging of this trophy yet. It always end up with divided opinions and without closure.
 

i did RDR dlc recently.  since your rank was on a save file and not servers, i was back at lvl 1 even though i platted the game years ago. you essentially go into a loby, shoot a pile of bodies and 45 minutes later your are rank 50. just baffles me

 

RDR - pile of dead bodies- never an official feature  - technically part of the game - cuts hours off  lvl 50 trophy and some others - encouraged

GTA - getting bounty - once an official feature -  technically part of the game - still earned in the original fashion - sacrilege

 

seems the flags have stopped though.  some people with rather high completion are seemingly in the clear.  maybe only getting flagged now for people who obviously got everything popped one after the other?

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

i did RDR dlc recently.  since your rank was on a save file and not servers, i was back at lvl 1 even though i platted the game years ago. you essentially go into a loby, shoot a pile of bodies and 45 minutes later your are rank 50. just baffles me

 

RDR - pile of dead bodies- never an official feature  - technically part of the game - cuts hours off  lvl 50 trophy and some others - encouraged

GTA - getting bounty - once an official feature -  technically part of the game - still earned in the original fashion - sacrilege

 

seems the flags have stopped though.  some people with rather high completion are seemingly in the clear.  maybe only getting flagged now for people who obviously got everything popped one after the other?

 

RDR will be ignored it seems but GTAV "Run like the wind" will be still treated as cheating even if its no longer flagged.

 

 

This is a quote from the staff about this trophy.

Quote

I think a solution atm is that the leveling too fast will be pretty much ignored (PS3 version), the Run Like The Wind trophy will be subject to the white list system and the consequences that comes with when/if that is implemented. This could mean the game won't count in on your stats or something, but you won't need to hide it.

 

You will be most likely removed from the game stats. It will be like a ghost game in your profile if whitelisting happens.

 

I'll personally wait more and see if Rockstar decides do finally fix it this year.

 

Quote

I know this is a stretch and I know it isn't official since it is coming from me but I was able to contact Rockstar four different times twice by email and twice by phone. Each time I was told it is temporarily locked until further notice. The last person I spoke to explained to me why it was locked which I knew but he went on and said that it isn't permanently locked as they have received many complaints about it being locked. They will restore it eventually until they feel they got any exploits rid of from it. I asked for a Time and date and I was told there are none at the moment but that it will be a restored feature in the coming updates. This was two days ago.

This gives me some hope.

 

 

 

Edited by Aexuz
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aexuz said:

RDR will be ignored it seems but GTAV "Run like the wind" will be still treated as cheating even if its no longer flagged.

You will be most likely removed from the game stats. It will be like a ghost game in your profile if whitelisting happens.

 

 

 

I see no difference between this kind of “whitelist” and flag, it is still regarded cheat, this whitelist is no help, I would choose to wait or get the trophy and never log on this website.

It's interesting RDR will be ignored, I know some premium judge use the bodies to level up. HaHa.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PianoBunny said:

I see no difference between this kind of “whitelist” and flag, it is still regarded cheat, this whitelist is no help, I would choose to wait or get the trophy and never log on this website.

It's interesting RDR will be ignored, I know some premium judge use the bodies to level up. HaHa.

 

Yeah, conspiracies! Not that it was like that long before I ever joined the cheater removal team, or that it was deemed okay long before I ever got any related trophies, but that's an inconvenient truth for the narrative.

 

Just to be clear, you're not getting closer to Run Like The Wind being "okay", but rather closer to RDR not being okay, but it would be a mess to change the rules about that now, so wouldn't work retroactively, but rather for everyone in the future.

 

Is that what you want? Because you bringing up problem 2 doesn't make problem 1 go away.

 

If you care that much about getting 100%, don't get the game, play it on another account, or leave, whatever. And you don't seem to be up to the latest developments on the case either.

Edited by MMDE
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has this been patched or white-listed or something? Tonnes of people have been achieving this lately @MMDE @grimydawg

 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2093-grand-theft-auto-v/42-run-like-the-wind

 

Also I agree that RDR should be flag-able, although it's probably too late to change the rules about it now. You can easily avoid shooting dead bodies if you choose to and the glitched lobbies aren't all that common. I deleted my profile twice after using the exploit because it felt too cheap.

Edited by Zolkovo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sephiroth4424 said:

I think it's getting the ''ignore treatment'', till it will be white-listed or patched

 

I'm only asking because I also have a PS3 copy of this game which I haven't fired up solely because of this one unobtainable trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange though that there are so many players who have got it lately...sudden boom of hackers? 😂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it's not going to change at this point.

Edited by Lance_87
belate typo fix lol.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing really sucks.

 

But i kinda saw that happening as soon as they stopped doing Updates for the PS3 Version.

Everybody (including myself) jumped on the PS4 Version '14 and stopped playing it on PS3.

 

As soon as developer stop working on a Game (back on the PS3 especially) it will be hacked and broken.

Just like RDR1 MP and GTA 4 MP. 

 

But at this point Bountys should be reactivated in the Game. If they don't bother to fix it and people can hack money anyways then you could start reactivating it cause it wouldn't make a difference then anyways or am i seeing this wrong?

Edited by Jeffboy24
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jeffboy24 said:

This thing really sucks.

 

But i kinda saw that happening as soon as they stopped doing Updates for the PS3 Version.

Everybody (including myself) jumped on the PS4 Version '14 and stopped playing it on PS3.

 

As soon as developer stop working on a Game (back on the PS3 especially) it will be hacked and broken.

Just like RDR1 MP and GTA 4 MP. 

 

But at this point Bountys should be reactivated in the Game. If they don't bother to fix it and people can hack money anyways then you could start reactivating it cause it wouldn't make a difference then anyways or am i seeing this wrong?

 

I agree with you but considering that Rockstar will never update this game, I think it's alright if a hacker places a bounty on you cause you still have to survive 1h in game to unlock the trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Major Rain said:

 

I agree with you but considering that Rockstar will never update this game, I think it's alright if a hacker places a bounty on you cause you still have to survive 1h in game to unlock the trophy.

Last time i started this game on PS3 was a long time ago. 

 

I got the PS4 Version just like the PS3 Version at Launch. Of course as soon as the PS4 Version came out i stopped playing the PS3 Version. I got the the Platinum for the PS4 Version in early 2015. Recently i looked up what i was still missing on the PS3 Version on the trophys and saw that i didn‘t got this trophy. 

 

They should at least activate this feature for like a day so people have one last chance to get this trophy.

 

Kinda regret that i never did the last 3-4 Online trophys of the PS3 Version.

But i learned from it and now my priority is to get the online trophys out of the way first.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jeffboy24 said:

Last time i started this game on PS3 was a long time ago. 

 

I got the PS4 Version just like the PS3 Version at Launch. Of course as soon as the PS4 Version came out i stopped playing the PS3 Version. I got the the Platinum for the PS4 Version in early 2015. Recently i looked up what i was still missing on the PS3 Version on the trophys and saw that i didn‘t got this trophy. 

 

They should at least activate this feature for like a day so people have one last chance to get this trophy.

 

Kinda regret that i never did the last 3-4 Online trophys of the PS3 Version.

But i learned from it and now my priority is to get the online trophys out of the way first.

 

Believe me, they won't cause players prefer to get it through hackers rather than trying to contact Rockstar support. I'm sending everyday the same email to [email protected] which is the developer address. Problem is, if I’m the only one doing it they’ll never even think about fixing it…

Edited by Major Rain
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Major Rain said:

 

Believe me, they won't cause players prefer to get it through hackers rather than trying to contact Rockstar support. I'm sending everyday the same email to [email protected] which is the developer address. Problem is, if I'm the only one doing that they'll never even think about fixing it...

Have they answered you ? And what did they write if they did just curious.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.