Is trophy boosting even possible?

aawwwf4u

So I'd like to plat Overwatch and I've earned some trophies just by playing normally. But they're pretty difficult to earn legit, and I see boosting sessions often but I was wondering how you actually boost in this game. Your enemy matchups are random in both quickplay and competitive and trophies don't pop in customs. So, how?? ?

• Like 1

It is possible but not advisable, since Blizzard hates boosters and they have an active policy of banning any they find. If you want to risk it, then try this out:

Method of building a boosting lobby

Required People: 12

Step 1: Gather four people into an initial group, you'll need to make sure that at least one person in the game has all of the boosting players on their friends list as it's an essential part of setting up the lobby. Once you've got your first four into a lobby, go ahead and join a game.

Step 2: One you've entered the game, get the 8 boosters who aren't currently in game to join your game through the Social menu. This will put them into the "Spectating" area of the lobby.

Step 3: You're going to now play the game and attempt to make both the enemy team and the 2 randoms you'll be paired with leave. It's recommended that you obliterate the enemy team to force them into leaving first, as opposed to throwing and making your two allies consider leaving as if you throw, the 6 people on the enemy team are more likely to stay.

Once your boosting part begins to fill up the enemy team, get them to do everything to annoy and push their team into leaving until it's a full team of boosters, once that's over - and if they're still there - begin your quest on pissing off the two randoms on the team that the original 4 are on.

Step 4: Once you've got all of the boosting party in the lobby, you can begin to boost. It's recommended that you have someone contest the objective whilst you're doing trophies to make sure that the timer never runs out - unless you're on the single objective map in which case have neither team cap and boost to your hearts content.

It is worth considering keeping a cap on your game time to something around 20-30 minutes so you don't arouse suspicion or notice from Blizzard which could get you banned from the game, you can check the game time by looking in the top left corner of your screen when you hold down :touchpad:

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

26 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It is possible but not advisable, since Blizzard hates boosters and they have an active policy of banning any they find. If you want to risk it, then try this out:

I see, that's some deep strats but I didn't know blizzard is against boosting trophies. I probably won't do it then, since I want to actually do well in the game and not just plat it. Thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Would the ban you for trying to boost a trophy? I know they're against people who want to hack  or mod the game. But boosting isn't altering the game in any way and I only want to boost "Rapid Discord" and the "The Floor is Lava". :pimp:

• 4 weeks later...

@nikstan305 Every OW trophy is doable, all you need to do is to try hard. Pick up some friends and use their ultimate at your advantage, especially for Rapid Discord. And stick together so team finish them off quicker.

The Floor Is Lava is easy in control maps such as Lijiang Tower and Ilios with void next to the point. Push them off the map with Soundwave and do wallride while they fall to their death.

Expect to do many attempts, you can't always expect to achieve on the first try.

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

It's possible to do, but in a recent patch it's become very difficult to get your friends placed onto the enemy team due to a bug so it's more effort to boost them than it is to just get them legit..

It's also common knowledge that Blizzard will ban people that are caught boosting and cheating, they've been cracking down on this more and more recently, although bans are more common on PC

Personally I don't understand why people buy this game and then boost the trophies, it just doesn't sit right with me.. The trophies are really fun to try and get and satisfying as hell when you finally unlock them.. Just seems pointless to spend £40+ only to boost them and then in many people's case never touch the game again..

Edited by SlimSanta94

9 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

That makes me laugh from someone who Platinum'd Dark Souls :awesome:

As you'd say: Git Gud :P

Dark Souls isn't that hard and doesn't require insane amounts of luck, they're not comparable games. 

Is the game not putting spectators on the opposite team a bug or is that intended? I noticed it yesterday while playing with friends that it refused to place them on the opposite team from me even when there was an open spot for nearly a minute in the lobby. 

Also as far as I'm aware they don't do anything about trophy boosters on console. Their bigger concern has always been people cheesing experience because that actually cuts into their loot box revenue.