Plague Knight: Bomb Burst

DrakeHellsing

Okay, so I sort of have it down, but a few questions I do have for this, and I'll use the first level as an example.  There's this one part where you can bomb burst over the gap, there's a beetle in the middle on a platform and a ladder at the end (those who know the area will know what I'm talking about).  To be able to bomb burst over and then again in midair... how does one pull it off?  Since the way the controls are set out makes it a bit awkward to do so properly, with square being to throw bombs and jumping being the x button (unless I can change bomb throwing to another button), making the two bomb bursts in a row hard to pull off.

So one thing that most people seem to do wrong is jump > double jump > bomb burst where they should be using jump > bomb burst > then the second jump, which gives you much greater control in the air. Or depending on the jump, you can just bomb burst off the ground then the double jump. Also, while in the air you can spam bombs which keeps you in the air and gives you even more control. Throwing bombs can even gives you an extra inch or two of height so you can make some ledges that don't seem possible.

He has MANY different jump angles and its what he is built around. Once you get the hang of them all, Plague Knight is so much fun.

The area you're talking about, if I remember right... Bomb burst off the ground, throw bombs to kill the beetle then use the double jump to land where the beetle was.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

Ah, I went over that beetle actually xD

But yeah, he is still fun to use for sure, the main thing I'm trying to get used to in particular is an extra jump before falling into a pit in order to save myself you know (just completed the Forest of Fishing, which took me a few tries).  But yeah, I near an edge and try and set a second burst up, but no luck really.  Then again, I am using that slow decent ability as well, which does help me, just no extra burst by the looks of it.

Also, I take it he has no permanent health upgrades? Only magic upgrades? Just wanting to make sure is all.

Ah, that sucks, but ah well, still as I said, he's much more fun to use than Shovel Knight is (Shovel Knight just annoyed me in the end).

Also, so glad I could switch the attack button to another button, makes it so much easier.  I'm using R2 instead of square to throw bombs, makes bomb bursting much easier to pull off in regards to jumping right afterwards.

Just now, KingGuy420 said:

Scratch that, I think there is health upgrades. I'm pretty sure you get up to 7 permanents. They come as you play though, after each set of dungeons or w/e lol.

Ah, I've only beaten three stages (the first, that forest and King Knight's stage), so not far into the campaign still, but have collected everything so far :D

You can do infinite jumps - bomb burst as long as there is enough room to do them, you have to get used to hold the square button immediately after you release it for the bomb burst. So:

Hold square, jump once, release square for bomb burst and immediately hold it again to charge your next bomb burst, do your second jump, release square for bomb burst and immediately hold it again for your next one etc.

Edited by xblindsidebeatx

On 4/25/2017 at 0:09 AM, xblindsidebeatx said:

You can do infinite jumps - bomb burst as long as there is enough room to do them, you have to get used to hold the square button immediately after you release it for the bomb burst. So:

Hold square, jump once, release square for bomb burst and immediately hold it again to charge your next bomb burst, do your second jump, release square for bomb burst and immediately hold it again for your next one etc.

Yeah, slowly am getting used to it.  I mean I do still seem to hesitate with using it now and then, mainly over pits where I would die and where a coin would be that I want to grab.