Trophy Guide seems a bit off.

angelgrievous

3 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I know someone was going through the boards on this game to clean it up.  I wonder if that did anything?  

Well, damn.  What happens now?  

I think we'll have to summon @BlindMango as it's not just the MGS Guide, it affects Demon Souls, Dark Souls and around 6/7 other guides that was authored by the same person.

10 minutes ago, Jon-Patrick-S said:

That's weird I was using it just a few hours earlier for the list of flashbacks.

If you're still in need of the guide, then the same author has the guide up over on Playstation Trophies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rach said:

I think we'll have to summon @BlindMango as it's not just the MGS Guide, it affects Demon Souls, Dark Souls and around 6/7 other guides that was authored by the same person.

Well that's a bit of an... extreme and time-consuming reaction, I mean he could've just asked one of us to unpublish his guides. Okay well I guess I'll just unpublish his guides since he stripped all his content away. Hopefully ZOLANTON will change his mind because he really poured a lot of time into his writing. Remember ZOLANTON the site only saves your previous writing history for a limited amount of time.

4 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Damn. Can't @BlindMango still keep the guide up even though it is a shame on what happened to @ZOLANTON ? He did a lot of work on that guide (along with his other guides), and it would really suck if all of the hard work he did was to get removed.

Yeah it seems like kind of a waste to want to hide all of the stuff you've written. I don't see how guides he wrote relate to a flag dispute besides it being on the same site :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

Just now, darkdante14 said:

I'm sure admins will correct it soon enough. For now, you can use the backed-up version on the good ol' Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20161022000451/https://psnprofiles.com/guide/216-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide It's from October 2016 and seems like nothing is missing.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hogie838 said:

That's a shame, I doubt he'll be bothered ? if he's now left the site! I remember looking at this guide not long ago and it said 6 playthroughs and I thought NO WAY I ain't playing that ?

I believe there is one game where the trophy guide (I think it is still new) said you need to do 50 playthroughs.

So for now you'd want to use an archived version if you want to use his guides like darkdante recommended, I went ahead and messaged Sly for if he wants to do anything about it besides keep them unpublished, lol

2 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Also, I didn't think that, when a person gets flagged or reported, that it would also affect any trophy guides that the person has made. I thought it only affected stuff on the forums?

Nah, flags don't affect guides.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Doesn't sly have a back up for these kind of things? Or is it unethical to put the trophy guides back up without the creators consent?

Yeah it's basically backed up, however I'm not sure what route he'd go about republishing them or not.

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah it's basically backed up, however I'm not sure what route he'd go about republishing them or not.

I would assume that posting anything on PSNP or any website for that matter gives that website permission to use the content as it sees fit.  I'm sure there is some clause that states that once posted the content then belongs to said website but I'm not sure if that's the case.

48 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

I believe there is one game where the trophy guide (I think it is still new) said you need to do 50 playthroughs.

The person who completes that deserves a medal

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

He threatened that he would take his guides down if he was flagged....

Aaaand that's exactly what he did. Pretty selfish and childish of him to do so. It accomplished absolutely nothing.

I don't think there's a lack of people who will fill the shoe of those guides. If it is actually wanted, I could even do a new Demon's Souls guide. Would be super in-detail, have both the hard and the easiest way to do shit. Everything made as simple and easy as can be etc. ;p But I'm sure someone will fill that spot pretty quickly, but if anyone wants to collaborate?

Edited by MMDE

9 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Aaaand that's exactly what he did. Pretty selfish and childish of him to do so. It accomplished absolutely nothing.

I thought he removed his profile from the site but he's still here. That is really childish then... I mean he obviously wasn't flagged for no reason... 

48 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

He doesn't agree to the terms of this site.  That's pretty logical to me, don't like it, don't use his content.  It's selfish of YOU to expect to keep his content to yourself. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 4