Trophy Guide seems a bit off.

angelgrievous

1 minute ago, DARKB1KE said:

He doesn't agree to the terms of this site.  That's pretty logical to me, don't like it, don't use his content. 

He cheated on a game and got himself flagged & then held his guides hostage to use as blackmail. It's childish and pathetic. Obviously its his right to do that but it still is a massive dick move. 

1 minute ago, Azaan60 said:

He cheated on a game and got himself flagged & then held his guides hostage to use as blackmail. It's childish and pathetic. Obviously its his right to do that but it still is a massive dick move. 

So?  It's his content.  He's free to do what he wants with it.  He obviously doesn't feel welcome here, that's a big red flag that maybe some members should take note of...  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

So?  It's his content.  He's free to do what he wants with it.  He obviously doesn't feel welcome here, that's a big red flag that maybe some members should take note of...  

Depends on the terms of conditions he published it on this site under.

That other site he still has it on, I have lots of guides there, even if they banned me long ago for some douche moves on their part. :P Even took away awards from the account and gave it to others for things I had done.

Edited by MMDE

5 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Just because he's free to do what he wants with it doesn't mean we can't criticise him and call him out for what he did. He knew the rules of the site before he cheated and got himself flagged.

Also your missing the point completely. He cheated and held his guides hostage to get out of the punishment. It's childish and petty. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 2

After reading the dispute, I like the cut of that kid's jib. Trading pettiness for pettiness. Strong work. I'd be lying if I haven't fantasized before about proverbially lighting something on fire and watching as it got smaller in the rearview mirror, so I can't fault him his decision.

Or as Pam would say it, "HAAAAH!"

But seriously, sucks for you guys.

(HA!)

• Like 3

Ah well. It's an unfortunate happenstance that well have to deal with. Sure, it may seem childish and petty, but in the end, it's his decision. Does that mean I stand by it? No, but i'll respect his decision to do whatever. Cheating on a game is still cheating. I'm sure that if any one of the top trophy hunters or an extremely active forum user was flagged rightly, it'd be irritating, but that's the way it goes. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I'm having trouble understanding how it's childish to remove your content from a site that doesn't align with your viewpoints. I've stopped writing new guides and updating my existing ones because I've felt that the community as a whole is starting to become more and more toxic. I haven't requested my old ones to be removed yet, but I've been seriously considering it for a few weeks now.

He cheated and got himself flagged lmao. If he didn't agree with the changes made to the site and wanted to remove his guides because of that, then that's perfectly fine. But he got caught cheating then used his guides as blackmail to avoid the punishment. He didn't remove them because of "different viewpoints" he removed them because he got marked and wanted to get back at the site as petty revenge.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. No one's saying that it's not his right to do that. All we're saying is that it was a dick move. 

It's common knowledge that getting caught cheating your trophies will get you flagged and removed off the leaderboards. It's not some hidden secret or recent change. He got caught and acted like a child. Not hard to understand. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I'm having trouble understanding how it's childish to remove your content from a site that doesn't align with your viewpoints. I've stopped writing new guides and updating my existing ones because I've felt that the community as a whole is starting to become more and more toxic. I haven't requested my old ones to be removed yet, but I've been seriously considering it for a few weeks now.

If it is your wish to have them unpublished, that is your decision and I can respect that. The reason I used the word childish was that in the dispute thread, the OP tried using the guides as leverage saying that he would take them down if the flag remained. It's for that reason and that reason only that I explained it like that. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Wow 2 posts and 1 action and it led to this thread with people just bashing me without actually knowing and understanding what happened. There seems to be a lot of stuff I have to reply to but yeah I'll just deal with the main ones. And seeing that the other thread was closed as I was writing my response I guess I'll post it here:

Starting with the small one there was someone that said I thought he deleted his account but he's still here; you are right I am here, sadly I must wait until I return back to my country in a month to get back to my PS3, account deactivation on this site requires me to use the PS3. So now that you know, please hang in there with me for a month more.

Alright now to the main points. I see people writing stuff lol he cheated and got flagged, now he babyrages and deletes his content. Any explanation I'd dare to give would be discarded, because 'people know better', but nonetheless let's explain again. I told you what happened in the first post as well. I was playing my game regularly, I had won more than 5 interactive matches. Trophy didn't pop. I go back to the game after a year or so to get what other trophies I left in the game, the trophy pops after an online match. My question is this; How do you all know that I used a different save file and it wasn't my own save file that triggered it? My save file had a record of more than 5 interactive matches won. I have changed a lot of PS3s due to YLOD and I transfer my saves every time, it could be my save that people used to unlock their trophy. I told you my conciousness is clear, I never cheated for a game and never will. If I did, there are about 3-4 more games in my profile with unachievable trophies I don't have, so I could unlock them by unwanted means, but guess what, I won't, cause I don't cheat. I honestly don't see how this is any different than trophies like I Am Bad Company from the same game. For people that know of this game and how the awards were badly glitched, there was a fix issued after some time and then people would log in and get the trophy immediately. That's not the same thing, you'll say, well I beg to differ. I got the trophies for what I already did in both games much later after the requirements were met. If you still consider that it's cheating, well our views and moral points vastly differ.

Anyway I am done explaining why my name is clear. I rest my case now, you honorable judges. And in the end I don't care about whether the flag is gone or whatnot (in the end it didn't, which proves my points even more since they didn't even wait for a response), I just wanted to call bullshit on the flag itself, when there is unjust towards you, you always want to shout and say that's not true. I don't really care what happens from now on this matter and to anyone saying that you do care because you wrote all of this stuff, well just wait until something unfair happens to you and then when you react, remember this.

Now I wish to make my login here as short possible, so I'll reply for the other thread (this one) as well regarding the guides in this post as well. Sorry mods for the off-topic, but it was a chain reaction.

I like how people think it's funny that my MGS4 guide is still on ps3t.org and they think I dumped out and overlooked that. Guess what, I know, I am the one that wrote and posted it there. The only thing that saddens me a bit is that my Souls guides, which I really really liked and consider them to be some of my best work from my days of guide writing are not up anymore (same for the other guides but not to this extent). By my choice yeah, but when I think that they were never really appreciated, I think it may be for the best. I've seen some posts in the forum of people actually asking to make a 'better Demon Souls and Dark Souls' guide with mine 'not being understandable'. When you experience something like this after tons of hours spent in these guides to make them as straightforward for the trophies as it can humanly be, you'd expect people to actually say something nice for a change. But when this happens to you, you want to remove them, instead I kept them all this time for the small amount of people that used them and appreciated them for what they were, but this final insult to my face of being a cheater was the last drop. In a heated moment I deleted all of my content in this site, since ungrateful people marked me for being a cheater as well. Salt to injury. What happens now with the guides? Frankly I don't care. The site still has permission to use my guides as I uploaded them here in the first place, as per site terms of use. If Sly or anyone from the staff wants to get them back, well tough luck for me they can actually do that. Ethics and morality don't match well with business, so I understand since I work as well and know how tough surviving is. But with my removal of the guides hopefully I sent a message even to the few people that it went for. What do I want to happen with the guides? I don't mind if they stay down or they get back up, the choice is yours, my message was sent.

One category of people I am really really sorry for are the players that were using the guides when they were taken down. To them I frankly apologize and thank you for using my guides. I made them for that reason in the first place and I remember when I used to write a lot back in the day that it was an enjoyable process albeit time-consuming and tough.

And yes I created this for the drama, it was all me. If that helps you with your stay here, then yes just say that. Childish and petty you may call it, but I call it being proud and enough is enough.

In the end I wrote it all down not for the drama, but because my name is clear in any way. I know that I never cheated, getting marked by people, who will never understand, as being a cheater and hacker, doesn't help to my ego, but ok I'll get over it in time. Maybe I overreacted in the guides bit, but seeing that they were not much appreciated and accepted, I guess you won't miss them a lot. In any way and in case the guides stay down, if anyone wants the Souls guides or any other game that I made just send me a message and I'll send you the file I have saved them. I'll still be here until I go back to my country and my PS3.

I have a hard time believing your guides went unappreciated. I've written guides with little views or favorites but I didn't write them to be appreciated, I wrote them to be a resource for trophy hunters to use to make 100% games more manageable. 

I can understand your frustration with the flagging but your attitude comes off as if no one really gives a damn about your situation. If you never took down the guides in the first place, this conversation wouldn't exist.

Edited by Terra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Terra said:

I have a hard time believing your guides went unappreciated. I've written guides with little views or favorites but I didn't write them to be appreciated, I wrote them to be a resource for trophy hunters to use to make 100% games more manageable. 

I can understand your frustration with the flagging but your attitude comes off as if no one really gives a damn about your situation. If you never took down the guides in the first place, this conversation wouldn't exist.

True for all the guides I've written, I didn't make a single one of them so I would be praised or someone pat me in the head and say 'Good job, I'm proud of you'. It was enough for me that people were using them and when I saw a simple 'Thanks' as a comment, that was enough for me to keep writing more. But I also didn't write them for the opposite to happen with comments such as 'Your guides are not understandable, someone please write another one'. 'This guide has no information on how to do the tutorial, I'm going to look at another one'. I realize that I am not a good writer, or at least was, criticism was always welcome in my guides, but sheer negative feedback without explanation is not welcome. Even the worst guide in the site has had some time invested in it and the least you can do for the author is to tell in a polite way what he can improve for the next time. I also can't believe that you were writing guides without hoping that they could be of some use. If someone were to post to your guide what was getting posted in some of mine, I'd like to see your reaction there and if you would be any motivated to write anything else.

Ifs and buts don't change anything and if the flag was not there, then the removal would never happen. The discard of guides is a very easy process to do, just as undoing this discard is as well. Sometimes extreme measures must be taken. And no, it wasn't to give awe to my case, as said it was because of pride and enough is enough.

3 minutes ago, Razza said:

So much drama over one trophy :facepalm: I still find it amazing there is no proof of this now infamous trophy just randomly popping on other accounts. 

Well we like drama here. I don't care what others do and frankly I never did. I always looked at my stuff and not at what others do while gaming. I also find it amazing that people search for proof in a game over 8 years old. You'd expect most people to remember what they did that long ago with every detail... Especially when most of them never played the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

True for all the guides I've written, I didn't make a single one of them so I would be praised or someone pat me in the head and say 'Good job, I'm proud of you'. It was enough for me that people were using them and when I saw a simple 'Thanks' as a comment, that was enough for me to keep writing more. But I also didn't write them for the opposite to happen with comments such as 'Your guides are not understandable, someone please write another one'. 'This guide has no information on how to do the tutorial, I'm going to look at another one'. I realize that I am not a good writer, or at least was, criticism was always welcome in my guides, but sheer negative feedback without explanation is not welcome. Even the worst guide in the site has had some time invested in it and the least you can do for the author is to tell in a polite way what he can improve for the next time. I also can't believe that you were writing guides without hoping that they could be of some use. If someone were to post to your guide what was getting posted in some of mine, I'd like to see your reaction there and if you would be any motivated to write anything else.

Ifs and buts don't change anything and if the flag was not there, then the removal would never happen. The discard of guides is a very easy process to do, just as undoing this discard is as well. Sometimes extreme measures must be taken. And no, it wasn't to give awe to my case, as said it was because of pride and enough is enough.

Well we like drama here. I don't care what others do and frankly I never did. I always looked at my stuff and not at what others do while gaming. I also find it amazing that people search for proof in a game over 8 years old. You'd expect most people to remember what they did that long ago with every detail... Especially when most of them never played the game.

Criticism involves positive and negative feedback. It's not meant to attack you. Of someone thinks your guide is not useful and they'll look at another then that's their opinion. It's up for you to decide if your guide needs to be improved upon. You can ignore the criticism but it won't help you. 

If if someone doesn't like my guide and feels it's lacking, I would ask them what I could improve upon it and I would then add them to the guide, I don't get angry or upset about it. Beating yourself over a few people not liking a virtual guide isn't worth it.

1 minute ago, Terra said:

Criticism involves positive and negative feedback. It's not meant to attack you. Of someone thinks your guide is not useful and they'll look at another then that's their opinion. It's up for you to decide if your guide needs to be improved upon. You can ignore the criticism but it won't help you. 

If if someone doesn't like my guide and feels it's lacking, I would ask them what I could improve upon it and I would then add them to the guide, I don't get angry or upset about it. Beating yourself over a few people not liking a virtual guide isn't worth it.

Sadly it seems we can't understand each other. One of the points I am talking about is how people bashed my guides in the past (that's an attack) and ask for them to be replaced instead of giving feedback (that's not criticism). I don't consider feedback, sentences like 'It sucks' or 'I don't understand it'. They can use it or not, their opinion. Writing down I don't like it without explaining why always leaves you wondering and I will certainly not going to hunt people asking what I did wrong. You are talking about me ignoring any potential criticism and that it's the reason that I beat myself over. Totally wrong. I always added whatever people asked me to add or whenever they told me that my guides were lacking. I was getting bashed, not criticised. I don't consider attacks feedback and this is where we can't communicate well. As a sidenote all of my guides were proof-tested by someone who hadn't played the game and they rarely had problems with the game.

Anyway, you are all hanging on one thing I wrote and keep discussing it ignoring the rest that happened and then after a few posts you are going to ask 'So how is this connected with everything?' The big post I made in this thread is where I point you. I am done explaining myself over and over, with a little concentration and focus everyone can see what my points were in that post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZOLANTON said:

I told you what happened in the first post as well. I was playing my game regularly, I had won more than 5 interactive matches. Trophy didn't pop. I go back to the game after a year or so to get what other trophies I left in the game, the trophy pops after an online match. My question is this; How do you all know that I used a different save file and it wasn't my own save file that triggered it? My save file had a record of more than 5 interactive matches won. I have changed a lot of PS3s due to YLOD and I transfer my saves every time, it could be my save that people used to unlock their trophy.

Let's clear things up a bit, since you have now repeatedly acted like you were flagged with no proof and like the PSNP community just does this for the hell of it or without being careful or something.

The Real World Winner trophy (the one you got flagged for) is infamous. It has been checked *thoroughly*. It was attainable legitimately until June 3, 2009. After that date, not a single person other than confirmed CFW hackers got the trophy for six months. Then, on December 14, 2009, people started regularly getting the trophy again. Why? Did EA release a patch or something? No, a save file appeared online that let people get the trophy on that exact same date.

No one was calling you a hacker, and whether or not it's cheating is even debateable (I have posted in the past about how I sympathize with people who used the save file and stated that I may have done the same thing if I played FIFA 09 back in the day). But the site has decided that it's not allowed on the leaderboards, since external save files are not permitted. Period.

All the drama here was your creation -- no one else's. All you had to do was hide the game from your profile. But instead you created a "dispute" where you insulted the guy who flagged you, insulted the admins of the site, and used your content here as leverage to try to get the flag removed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

Let's clear things up a bit, since you have now repeatedly acted like you were flagged with no proof and like the PSNP community just does this for the hell of it or without being careful or something.

The Real World Winner trophy (the one you got flagged for) is infamous. It has been checked *thoroughly*. It was attainable legitimately until June 3, 2009. After that date, not a single person other than confirmed CFW hackers got the trophy for six months. Then, on December 14, 2009, people started regularly getting the trophy again. Why? Did EA release a patch or something? No, a save file appeared online that let people get the trophy on that exact same date.

No one was calling you a hacker, and whether or not it's cheating is even debateable (I have posted in the past about how I sympathize with people who used the save file and stated that I may have done the same thing if I played FIFA 09 back in the day). But the site has decided that it's not allowed on the leaderboards, since external save files are not permitted. Period.

All the drama here was your creation -- no one else's. All you had to do was hide the game from your profile. But instead you created a "dispute" where you insulted the guy who flagged you, insulted the admins of the site, and used your content here as leverage to try to get the flag removed.

And I come back saying that it was my own save file for all you know. You know how easy it actually is to change the earn date of each trophy? Very much if I dare to say. But I won't do it, cause I don't have anything to be ashamed of. I choose to bring this matter to light and show everyone how bs that is.

It's not allowed? Debatable? Fine, remove the game from everyone's trophy list. Don't include it to anyone's list. Either that or the site really needs to change its policy about what is considered cheating. I consider what I did for Aliens vs Predator more of a cheating than what happened to this game. Exploited an in-game mechanism to unlock the online trophies for AvP in mere minutes. Flag me for that game too and for any other possible glitch that I did in any other game. Amy users as well for the story trophies glitching and unlocking in different times.

And sir this is where you are wrong. I never threaten, I always act. I said I am going to remove everything, my account included, not unflag this or I remove everything I have precious guides you don't want to lose. You want to call it hallucinating, misinterpreting, call it whatever but the only advice I can give you is to stop it. The drama is created by the site's policy to make this dispute thing public like it's some sort of Inquisition. I read quite a few of these threads and people go in there acting high and mighty passing their swift judgement with an ironic tone. You justified it by saying the work would be too much for the staff. It seems there are a lot of good judges that enjoy proving cheaters are cheaters, so add more staff members specifically for that. And you want it to call it insult, you can call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that someone went over an 8-9 years old game indescrimatingly marking people as cheaters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

.And yes I created this for the drama, it was all me. If that helps you with your stay here, then yes just say that. Childish and petty you may call it, but I call it being proud and enough is enough. 

So because you got falsely flagged you're now trying to purposefully create drama? I'm having a hard time finding any sympathy for you. What happened to you sucks and I think you should be unflagged after hearing you out, but deleting all your guides and purposefully trying to create drama IS childish and petty. Many people get false flagged on this site, but the fact that you're going out of your way to add unnecessary drama to this forum which is already pretty volatile is just ridiculous. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

And I come back saying that it was my own save file for all you know. You know how easy it actually is to change the earn date of each trophy? Very much if I dare to say. But I won't do it, cause I don't have anything to be ashamed of. I choose to bring this matter to light and show everyone how bs that is.

The only way it could be your own save file is if you earned the trophy on one PS3, but then never synced it, but *did* copy that save file to *another* PS3 and then loaded up that save file a year later and played on it.

Yes, it's technically possible. [Important edit: No, after looking closer, even this isn't possible. You earned and synced other trophies *after* the June 3, 2009 cut-off. What you described is literally impossible. Here is the trophy list. You earned trophies right up until September 2009, and then stopped playing for 11 months, after which time you popped two trophies within 6 seconds of each other. Those two trophies are *both* popped frequently via external save files, and one of them (Real World Winner) was not obtainable legitimately at that time. If you were using your own save file, Real World Winner would have synced before some of your other trophies synced.] We can't distinguish between hackers/save loaders and people who earn trophies themselves, don't sync, and then copy their save file. That's why you have the option of just hiding the game instead of being removed from the leaderboard. I agree that it sucks, but if the site allowed that as a defence then it literally couldn't flag *anyone* as a cheater, since that method can be used to auto-pop trophies in *every* game.

20 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

It's not allowed? Debatable? Fine, remove the game from everyone's trophy list. Don't include it to anyone's list.

What do you mean? That's exactly what's being done. Everyone who earned the trophy after June 3, 2009 is being flagged. And you called them a "no-lifer" for doing that.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

So because you got falsely flagged you're now trying to purposefully create drama? I'm having a hard time finding any sympathy for you. What happened to you sucks and I think you should be unflagged after hearing you out, but deleting all your guides and purposefully trying to create drama IS childish and petty. Many people get false flagged on this site, and the fact that you're going out of your way to add unnecessary drama to this forum which is already pretty volatile is just ridiculous. 

My bad I should have used my ironic writing style to an even greater level so it was understandable by everyone, but I thought the next paragraph would make it clear the way it started...

'In the end I wrote it all down not for the drama...'

EDIT: I mean EVERYONE having the trophy unlocked should have the game removed from their list. It's a debatable case as you said.

Edited by ZOLANTON
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

My bad I should have used my ironic writing style to an even greater level so it was understandable by everyone, but I thought the next paragraph would make it clear the way it started...

EDIT: I mean EVERYONE having the trophy unlocked should have the game removed from their list. It's a debatable case as you said.

That wouldn't be fair to the few people who legitimately obtained the trophy before it became unobtainable. I can see the need to flag those who earned it way after it was supposed to be not obtainable but punishing those who took the time and effort to platinum FIFA? I'd be upset about that.

7 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

WTF, dude dont you think you take the whole trophy thing a little to serious? You got flagged for one game? Who cares.

• Like 2