Trophy Guide seems a bit off.

angelgrievous

38 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

Integrity as someone who plays games? Why is it important for someone what other people think about how you aproach your hobby?

Thanks for reminding me I'm just trophy hunting machine that can't be affected by human beings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

Thanks for reminding me I'm just trophy hunting machine that can't be affected by human beings. 

Im talking about beeing an adult and choose where integrity is a thing and where it isn´t. You can talk about your hobby, discuss about it, take it serious (i take games serious myself). But integrity is somehting you should seek in your job, social life, or/and relationship.

1 minute ago, ZOLANTON said:

Alright so I am going to make one last post about this and hopefully people will take some time to read over the entire thread, digest what's written in it and then come back with a cooler head, or at least the staff make an official say on this.

• I see people defending and attacking my case. This makes the whole thing debatable. No matter their side everyone keeps asking for proof but they also can't prove the opposite. So we have my word against the rest. True I can't prove I didn't use a save file other than mine, but you can't prove that I did. Are you going to label me as a cheater because you are not in the same boat?
  • I see that it's not if someone has cheated, it's if his trophy list LOOKS suspicious. I invite you to look at games like AMY, whose trophy list among users looks the most suspicious but people are not accused of hacking there as well.
  • The cheating policy is messed up because of the above. Take a look at games like AvP and the online trophies. You find it more fair that you can use a proxy server to unlock the online trophies in minutes than having a trophy glitch in your favor? You need to reconsider what counts as cheating.
  • The whole public dispute thing is an invitation for drama. You may consider what happened so far with this thread as drama, you are welcome to think so, but I take it as potential feedback on the issues here. I find it more of a drama what has been happening to other dispute threads. It's wrong in so many levels. It seems many people have been thinking about this stuff and it's why we have so many opinions on this.
  • The whole guides thing is left on the staff. Do what you want with them, if you think they'll be useful to the site get them back, if not keep them down.
  • While people may not agree with how far I took things and how much attention I gave to this entire issue, I took it as far as I deemed it to be necessary. You may not care about such things as pride, but I do. If you don't, you are welcome to think so, but this involves other issues as well. If you don't care, then you can flag yourself in some games and just hide them. It's not that important according to you anyway.

To most people participating in this discussion thank you for understanding, especially the last few posts. Truly thank you. Reading some of the more reasonable responses lean me to put the guides back. I need to go to work, probably will come back much later to check on the discussion.

1 - This isn't as simple as your word against the rest.  There is no evidence that using your own save would even work, and there is a mountain of evidence to suggest that it wouldn't.  So yes, there is proof beyond a reasonable doubt that you had to use another save.

2 - Saying that there are other games out there that look suspicious means you have a lack of understand that this system is being done be individuals.  There are thousands of games out there, they cannot all be looked at right away.  If you find lists that are suspicious, you can put the effort in to flag them.

3 - Same point as the previous.  And it is a poor use of logic to say that because you haven't caught everyone, the system cant work ...

4 - This point I do agree with to a point.  It is worth it to have a place where those who are flagged have a place to defend themselves, but the thread has been toxic since the start and usually ends in attacks and tangents.

5 - From the start I supported your right to chose what you do with the guides.  The fact that you are offering that they can stay (if you are offering their original state) shows that you are taking the higher, more selfless path, and I admire that.

6 - I agree with your right to take it as far as you wanted without resorting to attacking people (which I have not seen in this thread), but the problem is that it is far more likely you did actually use a save file than use your own.  So all of this anger and thrashing around appears to have stemmed from trying to cover the truth.  That is the part I have a problem with.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

The work put into the guides is yours, and you can choose to do with it what you want, but reacting like this just proves that you were not being entirely selfless when you made the guides.  If the sole reason you made the guides was to help others on the games, then you would have just removed your account, but left your work to help others in the future

His guides are still available on .org so people can still use them. He simply doesn't want this site to get any traffic from his work.

14 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

The work put into the guides is yours, and you can choose to do with it what you want, but reacting like this just proves that you were not being entirely selfless when you made the guides.  If the sole reason you made the guides was to help others on the games, then you would have just removed your account, but left your work to help others in the future

His guides are still available on .org so people can still use them. He simply doesn't want this site to get any traffic from his work.

Just now, Broni1337 said:

Im talking about beeing an adult and choose where integrity is a thing and where it isn´t. You can talk about your hobby, discuss about it, take it serious (i take games serious myself). But integrity is somehting you should seek in your job, social life, or/and relationship.

Sounds like something that you can get when you apply for Walmart lol :P.

3 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I was not aware of that, so it just goes back to the classist argument, and has nothing to do with being selfless.  

3 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

You're 100 % right about everything. Sorry  for wasting your precious time. Have a good day. Bye.

4 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Sounds like something that you can get when you apply for Walmart lol :P.

Walmart builds character, if you can take the heat from customers. Now that builds integrity and character!

1 minute ago, Broni1337 said:

Even as a Walmart employee you can seek for integrety. Aim for beeing the best Walmart employee the world has ever seen !!!

After working for over 8 years in a Walmart (and currently still do), that's the last thing I want to hear.

1 minute ago, GarciaFever said:

After working for over 8 years in a Walmart (and currently still do), that's the last thing I want to hear.

The only thing i hear about walmart (we dont have one nearby) are those weird costumers you see on 4chan or 9gag. Is this rly a thing :D?

4 minutes ago, ihadalifeb4this said:

You're 100 % right about everything. Sorry  for wasting your precious time. Have a good day. Bye.

I take the ironic aprovement with a honest "thank you sir"! :)

Just now, GarciaFever said:

@Broni1337 That's mostly in the states. I rarely get those here in Canada.

Hm, i see.

23 minutes ago, Broni1337 said:

I take the ironic aprovement with a honest "thank you sir"! :).

I have no say in the argumet going on, I just wanted to say that it is rare to see a proper use of the word Ironic lol.  Damn Alanis Morissette ...

4 hours ago, ZOLANTON said:

Starting with the small one there was someone that said I thought he deleted his account but he's still here; you are right I am here, sadly I must wait until I return back to my country in a month to get back to my PS3, account deactivation on this site requires me to use the PS3. So now that you know, please hang in there with me for a month more.

I'm sorry if I offended you! All I was saying is that I assumed you had removed your profile from the site because you had taken down your guides and I was surprised that you hadn't. Because if it was me  and I had taken down my guides the only reason would be because I had left the site. Of course you say you will leave the site in a month but in no way was I implying that you SHOULD. It is your choice to remove the content you worked so hard on for people who "don't" appreciate it. I really feel bad for you and all the others that have been affected by this game, especially at a time when the repurcussions couldn't be forseen. I PMd another guy here saying that I thought it was unfair and I wish it could be lifted, but it can't - and it won't. Your only option is to hide the game and move on from this (a lesson learned) but I'm sure your pride will never allow you to do this. I think it's a shame though that you allow this one trophy to remove you from the leaderboard (and the site) when you have an amazing profile that you obviously worked really hard on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

so why should we have the mentality that everyone is guilty until proven innocent?

You tell me.  Because that's exactly what is happening in the disputes section.  People are guilty before proven innocent.  Sorry if you cannot see this but it's not right. People aren't agreeing with that morality so they are voicing their opinion or going elsewhere as a result. 

3 hours ago, Broni1337 said:

I dont think you viewed my Account ... I spend enough hours into Trophy hunting to be able to say : You take it waaaay to serious. Nobody cares about your "statement". Nobody cares about your "pride" in gaming (its just a hobby). Nobody care that you got one game flagged.

Apparently people do take it seriously because they spend hours going through people's profiles creeping on their trophies lol. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

You tell me.  Because that's exactly what is happening in the disputes section.  People are guilty before proven innocent.  Sorry if you cannot see this but it's not right. People aren't agreeing with that morality so they are voicing their opinion or going elsewhere as a result. 

Apparently people do take it seriously because they spend hours going through people's profiles creeping on their trophies lol. 

Hm, good point. But thats a little minority.