Rank characters usefulness in battle

gary_danial

I always use Morgana/Yusuke/Ann, just because they're my three favorites of the main cast. I've heard Yusuke gets worse in the late game, buuuut he's my favorite character and I never carry Bufu skills on Joker.

Though, tbf, I'm only through the third palace, so I can't really weigh in on who's technically better. I think it all comes down to how you kit out Joker in the end.

Early on it was Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana, then in the mid game point I went Morgana, Ann, and Yusuke, and around the end of the game my party was Morgana, Haru, and Makoto. Ryuji and Yusuke used to get elemental weakness spammed on them all the time so ended up never using them once Makoto became available.

In the beginning when dungeon crawling I always have Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto with me. For boss fights I have Ryuji switched out for Ann because I need her Tarunda spell partnered with Joker's Rakunda.

When I reached the 6th Palace my main party was set to Ryuji, Yusuke and Makoto forever since these 3 got the AOE buff spells and I never bothered switching in Ann for boss fights ever since I got Joker a Debilitate spell. I didn't bother using Morgana and Haru, I have Joker to cover the Fire, Wind and Psy spells

Anyway..

Ryuji - Best physical damage dealer at end game. Charge + God's Hand is deadly and he has Matarukaja

Yusuke - 2nd best physical damage dealer and his skills has higher accuracy than Ryuji. Has access to Masukukaja

Makoto - Best support with Mediarahan and Marakukaja. I removed her physical skills since she does not really need it. She has access to a Severe damage Nuclear skill for her damage dealing

Edited by RaveNScythE

Ryuji and Makoto are always on my team.  Haru is next.  Heat Riser is so useful.  Tag her out for Mona if I needed a back-up healer.  Tag Inari in if I need another Physical hitter.  Hardly used Ann.

But being able to tag members in on the fly is the best feature.

Ryuji: His attacks miss quite often, but can tank hits well due to his high EN. Gets outclassed by Yusuke until he learns charge and matarukaja late game where he can buff the party with +atk and deal massive amount of damage himself to make up for his shaky hit ratio. His elemental skills are only good for hitting weaknesses.

Morgana: Early game healer. Gets outclassed by Makoto in the healing department (can tank hits better and has marakukaja) and Ann in the damage department. Pretty fragile as well and doesn't get his evade skill until very end of the game. I would say he's the worst party member at the end.

Ann: Tarunda is useful for bosses, replace with dekaja once you get access to debilitate. Fragile but by far the best magical attacker in the game, no question. Plus she gets fire boost+amp and concentrate which allows her to decimate anything that doesn't resist fire.

Yusuke: Doesn't miss as often as Ryuji does and his rising slash is OP when used correctly. Gets outclassed by Ryuji in late game, although his masukukaja buff may come in handy. Like Ryuji, his elemental skills are only good for hitting weaknesses.

Makoto: Basically a better version of Morgana with along with severe magic skill, although it's extremely SP intensive. I just wish she had better physical skills than Flash Bomb, although I would still rate her among one of the best party members, if not the best.

Haru: Honestly it's hard to rate where she stands because she can perform a number of roles quite well. Her main damage comes from guns and she has access to multitude of support skills.

Verdict

Midgame: Makoto > Yusuke > Morgana >= Ann > Ryuji > Haru (Haru's SLink abilities come in very late)

Endgame: Ryuji >= Makoto > Ann > Haru > Yusuke > Morgana

Of course, there's that other guy but you can't use him for most of the game anyways so I didn't bother putting in the effort to analyze him.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

I found Makoto to be extremely useful due to her well-balanced repertoire of abilities; she remained on my team throughout the whole game. Other than her I liked Ann for magic damage (especially after she got Concetrate) and Haru for her support magic. Never really gave Ryuji or Morgana much of a chance (although Ryuj was okay when I did use him) and thought Yusuke was kinda bad despite strong physical skills. 

SSS-class: Futaba :awesome: 

A+-class: Makoto, Haru, Charge Ryuji

A-class: Ann

B+-class: Morgana 

B-class: Yusuke, him

C-class: non-Charge Ryuji

Objectively, Makoto is the best party member until Ryuji gets Charge + God's Hand. Once he gets that, he's Akira-level. However, Makoto is useful throughout the whole game. Best healer, can buff defense and Nuclear... holy damn damage =D

Haru has a huge disadvantage of having low character development being available late in game so people may not want to switch their favorites. But Heat Riser + -karns? Ultimate combo. Not to mention Psy being one of the best elements in the game.

And I already said all that needs to be said about Ryuji.

Ann is incredibly useful until the later part of the game, then she gets overshadowed as Fire becomes less useful and her only usefulness comes with Tarunda

Morgana is pretty much Ann but with shorter use span, once you get Makoto, Morgana is only useful for menu healing and possibly low SP dyne AOE

Yusuke... I'm a bit sad that Sugita gets shafted so badly... Especially considering how useful Ice was in previous games. In this game... he doesn't offer anything others wouldn't cover. He's average as he can get. :/

him - Apart from the short usability. HIS SKILLS COST TOO DAMN MUCH! Since that labyrinth is built to pretty much force you to use him some people may see him as more useful but in fact he is pretty bad party member. Too bad he doesn't have that Persona :awesome: 

Non-charge Ryuji - Meh, meh, meh. Just meh. Poor accuracy, poor pool of skills, late AOE buff and who doesn't have Ziodyne on their Personas should...

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

They all have their uses but I'm mainly ranking them with a boss battle in mind.

1. Ryuji - Charged physical atks / Matarukaja

2. Morgana - High magic / best support spells

3. Makoto - Amrita Shower / Marakukaja

4. Ann - Charged magic atks / Tarunda

5. Futaba - Random OP buffs/heals

6. Haru - One Shot Kill

7. Yusuke - Masukukaja

I usually use a party of Ann, yusuke and either makoto or morgana depending on how much healing I need. Ann's really not that great but once she learns concentration she can essentially become a walking hell fire (assuming the enemy isn't strong to agi, anyway)

Occasionally I switch Ann with Ryuji if I feel the need for more physical attacks, though Yusuke and/or Makoto usually have that covered. 

So, obviously, Joker is the best, as he is both the MC and extremely adaptable. However, for the actual NPC party members, my rankings are as follows (based both on my fondness for their character design/personality as well as their usefulness)...

1. Joker

2. Ryuji (only w/ Charge)

3. Morgana

4. Makoto

5. Ann

6. Yusuke

7. Haru

8. Akechi (seriously... fuck this guy...)

*. Futaba (as she isn't technically a party member so much as she is our Navi and a periodic helper, I can't list her in good conscience)

*** All of this is my personal opinion and is not meant to insult anyone else's preferences. ***

Exploring Palace/momento  = Skull,Mona,Fox

Boss battle = Skull,Queen,Noir

Panther is for healer outside battle

My Joker usually just buff + healing ?

But none of this matter since everyone will have same level and you can switch anytime . Thank you Star and Moon confidant ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My own character is so op anyway it doesn't matter so much, I do stick with Makoto and ryuji most the time, other character doesn't matter so much. Mementos requests and the main story are so unbalanced I'm pretty much auto fighting memento and taking full control on the main story.

The best party member is Futaba of course. Her Position Hack ability saved my ass so many times and she always provided me with plenty of **motivation** during battle. :awesome:

As for the party members I chose...

Ryuji: I think Yusuke is a little more useful early on in the game, but once Ryuji unlocks the Charge skill, he's able to deal some serious damage, making him far superior. Also, him being able to buff everyone's attack with Matarukaja comes in super useful.

Ann: Early on in the game, I mostly used her as a healer, but she's able to deal a lot of Fire damage later on when she unlocks the Concentrate skill. Also, she's able to debuff the enemy's attack with Matarunda which is a life saver during the boss fights... literally.

Makoto: She was my main healer. Unlike Morgana though, she's a bit more balanced and is able to deal some decent damage as well. Nuclear attacks are a lot better than Wind. Also, she can buff your team's defence using Marakukaja meaning she won't need to heal the party as often.

I used Yusuke quite a bit as well, but like I said earlier, he's only useful until Ryuji learns Charge. He's pretty much inferior in every way after that. Haru joins too late and her skills never really impressed me. Morgana is more of a dedicated healer than Makoto with skills that get rid of status ailments and such, but I preferred how Makoto could deal more damage. Also, Marakukaja > Masukukaja.

Baddass looking team: Ryuji, Makoto and Yusuke. ← Fear before them!!

Yusuke never left my party, also he has the coolest costume.

Ann and Haru are not really that good endgame for me at least.

Morganna has a lot of SP, but Makoto already does everything.

Edited by GrayFT

Hmm what I'm seeing now....

On bosses:

Joker: Mix Physical or Magic Damage dealer, Concentration or Charge and Debuff stats maker

Makoto: Healer + Nuke Damage

Ann:Concentration + Fire Damage

Haru: Heat Riser buff :awesome: (heals too but moslty Heat Riser :P )

On running palace and mementos

Joker x Makoto 

297072233531047946.png

They guys were OK at the start but yeah, to each there own :awesome: 

Edited by Hertz