Rank characters usefulness in battle

gary_danial

Playing on hard, with Joker having debilitate to debuff, my final party was Ryuji (party attack buff + charge), Yusuke (party evade/accuracy + melee) and either Haru for one-shot kill or Moragna for healing. Buffs are vital for bosses on hard since barely do any damage and take a shitload in return. I forgot Ann had concentrate or I would have used her instead of Haru.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2017 at 9:42 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Please tell me you are joking...

Reveal hidden contents

Or considering Loki xD

Absolutely not. His combination of light and dark abilities. His physical abilities. Akechi is pretty damn good. He learns Megidolan and debilitate he's EXTREMELY useful in the fight against the twins allowing the protag to use up less turns for that sort of ability. Morgana and Akechi are top tier no doubt, allow me to show you lol.

4 hours ago, Ghoststorm71 said:

Absolutely not. His combination of light and dark abilities. His physical abilities. Akechi is pretty damn good. He learns Megidolan and debilitate he's EXTREMELY useful in the fight against the twins allowing the protag to use up less turns for that sort of ability. Morgana and Akechi are top tier no doubt, allow me to show you lol.

Down Shot outclasses Miracle Punch in endgame even if it's locked to MC, although latter does come in handy at times against enemies that don't have a weakness. Even then it's not a guaranteed crit and some enemies are immune to phys.

Do agree that Akechi is pretty useful, just a shame you don't get to use him after you clear Sae's palace

Edited by jaehyun1009

3 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Down Shot outclasses Miracle Punch in endgame even if it's locked to MC, although latter does come in handy at times against enemies that don't have a weakness. Even then it's not a guaranteed crit and some enemies are immune to phys.

Reveal hidden contents

Do agree that Akechi is pretty useful, just a shame you don't get to use him after you clear Sae's palace

Exactly my biggest problem with him, but hey it is the best palace in the game.

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Down Shot >^228 Miracle Punch

Not guaranteed Critical makes it way too unreliable.

That's kind of balanced out by the fact that down shot is locked to MC, although I do agree with guaranteed critical. Plus there are enemies immune to physical whereas down shot is guaranteed to crit every non-boss enemy.

Overall I don't think miracle punch saves Morgana from being one of the less useful party members, especially in endgame where you can use down shot for guaranteed cries. Makoto outclasses Morgana in just about every way.

8 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Down Shot >^228 Miracle Punch

Not guaranteed Critical makes it way too unreliable.

It's a turn-the-tables move. It crits enough that it almost always saves your ass in a sticky situation. Enemies hit with status ailments like confuse or rage are almost twice as likely to get hit with a critical. Plus enemies that don't have weaknesses are susceptible to this as well.  It isnt an end all be all, but its a gamble move worth using. Hehe, sort of like P5's very own time wizard.

• 3 weeks later...

2 is tied for me depending on whether I prefer Phys or Mag

1. Ryuji - Mataru > Charge > God's Hand

2. Ann - Concentrate > Blazing Hell + Fire Boost + Fire Amp. Also has Dekaja

2. Haru - One-Shot Kill + Weak Spot Aim + Sharpshooter. AoE Gun. Also has Armita Shower and Heat Riser

4. Makoto - Just for healing + Maraku

5. Morgana - Salvation + Masuku

6. Yusuke - nice STR but has no Charge :|

7. You Know Who - well, he has nice AoA move but I don't really need his Bless and Curse skills since I have Trumpeter wih Eiha and Kouga.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I primarily used Morgana, Makoto, and Haru throughout most of my play-through mainly due to for the extra healing and One Shot Kill. However, for the final-final boss, I switched Morgana out for Ryuji, who had God's Hand and Concentrate, and damn was he brutal. I used Yusuke on some occasions when exploring Mementos and used Ann in the Qulipth World (lol that spelling). Though I'm thinking of switching my tactics for NG+.